Coral Vue Hydros

Arce's Tank

Arce

I started stirring my gravel on a regular basis, releasing all kinds of crap into the water and by the next day the water is super clear, amazingly clear. Must be the same reason people do coral snow on a regular basis, to clear up the water.

Can't help with weird acro problems, I'm still there myself. :)

I just lost 2 pieces, 1 was a goner from the get go but the other was doing alright. Hoping this isn't an ongoing issue, was hoping those losses were isolated to their own health.

Acros are a pain. My sands usually quite clean as i have to keep up with it without a skimmer, but there was a good amount of gunk kicked up when i moved my scape. Really hoping the sps are just pissed off from that and don't go down hill.

Incoming crappy picture...

This is what i was talking about a few pages back. I removed the rock on the left. Things were just very cluttered since this tanks so small.

So this gives a general idea of what it will look like, minus the rock leaning on the glass. Thinking about putting a small rock on the main structures left side to balance everything out. Have to play with it but I'm leaning toward leaving it like this.

When the nepthea isn't limpy and the acans fluff up it will be a nice area on the left.

25168274516_4fe8556574.jpg

• Like 1

FWIW, when my gorgonians brush against my SPS, I get dead spots.

Yea, if it was my sps i think it would be different but the nepthea might release toxins since it was touching the gorg? Idk, if it were that all my sps would probably be affected, the issues are isolated to like 2 or 3 pieces with the Pc rainbow being the worse. Well see what happens i guess

So the SPS seem to be ok, things aren't getting worse which is a good sign. PC rainbow seems to be happy despite the pale color. Must have just been stressed from me screwing with the tank.

Unfortunately i found two more aiptasia that i thought the peppermints got. They must have only eaten enough to piss them off and they regenerated. Hoping they get taken care of as they are larger ones and in a horrible area which i cant touch without removing everything.

• Like 1

So my pc rainbow bleached again. Right after a water change so im assuming my nutrients are too low which is hella surprising. Going to let the tank sit two weeks without a change to see how it does.

• Like 2

So my pc rainbow bleached again. Right after a water change so im assuming my nutrients are too low which is hella surprising. Going to let the tank sit two weeks without a change to see how it does.

Mine is giving me fits as well, just posted a pic on my 150 thread. Seems to be super sensitive to nutrient drops.

• Like 1

My SSC is showing bleaching. I thought it might be light related since I've had to move around the scape after the near tumble 2 days ago. But since its the only one showing bleaching I'm not going to change my lighting. I might put a plastic on the screen to shield it some what.

• Like 1

Mine is giving me fits as well, just posted a pic on my 150 thread. Seems to be super sensitive to nutrient drops.

Yes i was just on your thread and saw it. It must be that because its the only one i have showing issues. Not sure how to correct it, without a skimmer my nutrients go up and down.

My SSC is showing bleaching. I thought it might be light related since I've had to move around the scape after the near tumble 2 days ago. But since its the only one showing bleaching I'm not going to change my lighting. I might put a plastic on the screen to shield it some what.

Yea I'm pretty sure mines not light related since my lighting hasn't changed at all and the placement of the coral hasn't changed either. Has to be nutrient related since its happening after waterchanges.

How about smaller more frequent changes?

Well i've been doing 5 gallon changes once a week. But when i do the change i gravel vac and blow off my rocks 2-3 times over an hour to get out all the crap. Maybe im just cleaning too much, maybe ill just stir the sand every other week and just vac water from the column instead.

• Like 1

Well i've been doing 5 gallon changes once a week. But when i do the change i gravel vac and blow off my rocks 2-3 times over an hour to get out all the crap. Maybe im just cleaning too much, maybe ill just stir the sand every other week and just vac water from the column instead.

I do 5 gallons in my 150, including gravel vac. Are you sure you're not swinging the KH? Maybe just clean small areas of the gravel each time? Unfortunately I just don't know, gravel vacs are still fairly new to me ... but the brown muck I've been pulling out is lessening, finally.

• Like 1

I do 5 gallons in my 150, including gravel vac. Are you sure you're not swinging the KH? Maybe just clean small areas of the gravel each time? Unfortunately I just don't know, gravel vacs are still fairly new to me ... but the brown muck I've been pulling out is lessening, finally.

I've been trying to over clean the tank since i don't have a skimmer. I'm running alk near the levels my salt is so it shouldn't swing, and nothing else in the tank has shown signs of alk swings. The Pc rainbow is the first coral giving me issues aside from one that STNd but that was a mari piece that got trashed in shipping and didn't make it. With all the junk ive been pulling i assumed my levels were always somewhat high, might be wrong based on these occurrences. Its random too, first time this has happened since i got the coral and nothing about my husbandry has changed although i have been trying to clean more.

Im going to let the tank sit for two weeks. See what happens. If things get better ill try reducing to either bi-weekly changes or do smaller weekly changes and not do 5gal at once.

• Like 1