inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

Mine is about at 9. First bucket I've had so I can't speak to consistency between buckets, but the RSCP was mixing at around 11.

Hm ok. Ill have to see once i get it.

• Like 1

Maybe the bags can be saved for future quarantine/hospital tank needs?

Yea, ill probably save them for when i forget to buy salt or in emergencies where i need to make a large batch because i can mix both salts.

That is the claim but newer batches have been mixing a little higher.

Make sure to let it mix for a day, then test and see. I will sometimes let it mix in my garbage can for 2 or 3 days before using.

My last batch was about 8.4 KH

• Like 1

That is the claim but newer batches have been mixing a little higher.

Make sure to let it mix for a day, then test and see. I will sometimes let it mix in my garbage can for 2 or 3 days before using.

My last batch was about 8.4 KH

good tip! I mixed up some salt water on Sunday night and was too lazy to do my water change yesterday so it's still in the brute. I'll test it today!

• Like 2

Welp I handed in my resignation to my current employer. Was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do. It was funny though, I went into the office and saw he was on the phone so I waited outside his office till he was done. A co-worker pulled me away for a 45 minute conference call about an upcoming project, meanwhile I'm sitting there knowing I'm resigning and totally didn't want to sit through that. Oh well, onto the next one.

• Like 4

Presents for the lady!

Or salt, or filtration media.

Or whatever equipment you've got in mind next :D

Nah she got her present for the next few years in the form of a very expensive rock on her finger.

I was leaning towards a BM doser. Or my buddy showed me a pair of steel toe boat shoes i could use for work.... hmm

• Like 2

Welp I handed in my resignation to my current employer. Was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do. It was funny though, I went into the office and saw he was on the phone so I waited outside his office till he was done. A co-worker pulled me away for a 45 minute conference call about an upcoming project, meanwhile I'm sitting there knowing I'm resigning and totally didn't want to sit through that. Oh well, onto the next one.

Where are you going next? Still in the city? How did it go?

Nah she got her present for the next few years in the form of a very expensive rock on her finger.

I was leaning towards a BM doser. Or my buddy showed me a pair of steel toe boat shoes i could use for work.... hmm

Ecco?

More presents! I mean, yes, maybe tiny presents. But surprise presents!

Ooh, tough one. Anything about your dosing regime that really needs to change right now?

Where are you going next? Still in the city? How did it go?

Ecco?

Nope, back in Jersey thank god. No more commute, at least to the city. Nah the brand was Rockport.

More presents! I mean, yes, maybe tiny presents. But surprise presents!

Ooh, tough one. Anything about your dosing regime that really needs to change right now?

Hahaha no more presents for her. I dont neeeeed to get a new doser, just planning for the future. Right now i have two BRS on my RKL.

• Like 1

Aww. When do you start the new job?

Amazon: hmm. Salt. Coral glue. Stuffs.

• Like 1

Aww. When do you start the new job?

Amazon: hmm. Salt. Coral glue. Stuffs.

Starts the beginning of June.

Alright so heres the plan. Going to build a new stand, and then im going to drill my 20. For real this time.

• Like 5

I have a dumb question :lol::blush: How do you drill your tank that is already up? Do you have to empty everything out of it? Why not just buy a new one? Seems easier :lol:

• Like 1

I have a dumb question :lol::blush: How do you drill your tank that is already up? Do you have to empty everything out of it? Why not just buy a new one? Seems easier :lol:

Yea id have to buy a new 20. Then just swap it out.

• Like 2

Go bigger :P

(ok, I'm not helping. I'll stop)

Cant upgrade till we buy a house. For now the 20 will have to do. Itll be a completely different tank if i could get it sumped.

• Like 2

Cant upgrade till we buy a house. For now the 20 will have to do. Itll be a completely different tank if i could get it sumped.

That's true and that's a good plan. Congrats on the new job and lessening the commute! I know I appreciate my (lack of) commute!

• Like 2

Just did a w/c with regulat red sea. Checked alk beforehand. New water was measuring at 8.8 alk. My tanks stable around 10 so ill have to bring it down to the 8s.

• Like 3