Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arce's Tank

Arce

My Bonsai came back fast when conditions improved, those and the valida (maybe the same or similar species) are hard to kill!

Thats good to hear. Hopefully it will come back strong.

If i build a new stand, I'm tempted to get a kregg jig and try 1x4s to make a cleaner looking stand. Not sure if 2 1x4s at each corner can hold the weight though. Would i have to plywood skin it?

• Like 2

Get the Kreg jig its the best 40 bucks you will ever spend :lol:

As long as you do it correctly I think the 1x4s would be fine. What kind of look are you going for?

Get the Kreg jig its the best 40 bucks you will ever spend :lol:

As long as you do it correctly I think the 1x4s would be fine. What kind of look are you going for?

Actually going to do something similar to what ben did. I drew up some ideas. Think select pine would be fine or should i go with something harder like poplar? Going to have one or two plywood pieces so im not worried about structual issue anymore

Actually going to do something similar to what ben did. I drew up some ideas. Think select pine would be fine or should i go with something harder like poplar? Going to have one or two plywood pieces so im not worried about structual issue anymore

Pine is soft but if not worried about it moving around might work. I think if braced properly you should be good to go. Otherwise poplar is probably best.

I used poplar in my fusion 20 build as I was staining it dark. I also just went with poplar on my skin on the new one.

Pine is soft but if not worried about it moving around might work. I think if braced properly you should be good to go. Otherwise poplar is probably best.

I used poplar in my fusion 20 build as I was staining it dark. I also just went with poplar on my skin on the new one.

Hm figured. Was just thinking cost wise. I guess for my sanity ill go poplar.

Whelp the turd brown millie RTNd over night. Zero cares given, ripped it out and tossed it. Was a goner for a long time. Need to find a millie to replace it with though.

Took some pics yesteday. All with my Iphone so they arent very good, colors off and very blurry.

Current FTS of the mess I call my tank.

27366050104_12044eb2bd.jpg

Deresa I got from RAP.

27934685256_548abf79f1.jpg

Clown and green nepthea.

27356194744_cdcba8db2b.jpg

PC rainbow coming back strong. Was completely bleached not to long ago.

27699571420_32e0de2129.jpg

Kat frag, always looking amazing. Hasnt lost color at all, and encrusting like crazy. Cant wait for it to branch.

27891742001_b5da060f46.jpg

Tierra Del Fuego.

27355395953_9ceb1da24f.jpg

Slimer loving life.

27867398822_4d1f653345.jpg

• Like 10

Blue stag. Farthest left branch has been growing, and its been encrusting well. Cant wait for this to take off.

27944916206_22ff3b8f9d.jpg

Green Tort, steady grower.

27689465890_820acb3c84.jpg

Blurry pic of my pink lemonade. Starting to encrust, ime with these they take off after laying a good encusted base, mine grew so fast in my 29 it was crazy. Still a bit green but yellow is shining through.

27356189634_6eb17aba84.jpg

• Like 9

I need to find another sunset millie. I miss my old colony from my 29...

16761057918_2e14bf7552_z.jpg

Wow. That is gorgeous.

Your corals are stunning. Thank you for posting photos of your tank! :wub:

• Like 1

Nice new pictures!!! Things look good in there. Where are the imports we did together?

What size sump are you thinking of?

All of the maris we got crapped out on me except the fenneri.

Im going to just use a 10g. I cut the baffles out of the old sump i had on the 29 so ill just get some silicone and a im sure i have a 10g laying around. Actually probably have the one from the QT tank when we got the mari pieces in my attic.

All of the maris we got crapped out on me except the fenneri.

Im going to just use a 10g. I cut the baffles out of the old sump i had on the 29 so ill just get some silicone and a im sure i have a 10g laying around. Actually probably have the one from the QT tank when we got the mari pieces in my attic.

Oh wow, they all died? hmm.

I have a spare 10G if you can't find yours.

Oh wow, they all died? hmm.

I have a spare 10G if you can't find yours.

Yea, but thats when i was having those alk issues so fresh pieces and alk problems dont get along very well. Pissed because i lost that nice millie, had alot of potential.

Thanks, im definite its in my attic havent touched it since i QTd those pieces.

We should go for another box.......... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Pink table is STNing. Just tossed another piece that was acting weird, tips were dead. No idea whats going on. Hope its isolated incidents and not a sign of whats to come.

Still having issues with some pieces, some are very pale color, some minimal PE, one or two showing signs of STN. Meanwhile others are loving life. Stupid SPS... :rant:

I ruled out alk swings from testing, very minimal swings of like .2 which could easily just be user/testing errors. My two contenders for whats going on...

1. Low nutrients. No idea how seeing how i have no skimmer or gfo media. But low nutrients do cause these exact symptoms of pale colors stn etc. I guess i could see this being the case, i do large water changes every week and i pull a ton of algae, probably a golf ball size from my rocks every change. So any nutrients in the system could be getting use by the algae and the w/c pulls a decent amount out as well. Also im running BB so i siphon a lot out every week that doesnt have the chance to break down.

2. High temp swings. This ones a bit of a long shot. My tanks been getting hot with these high temp days. I saw it around 81 a couple weeks ago. Started running a fan in my room and another directed at the water surface. I might be ruling this out just because not everything is affected, i would assume if i hit temps of 82+ all my sps would show signs of stress.

That's the worst, SPS are so weird. I'm having some issues with my montis right now as well.. Just gotta keep on keeping on haha. Hopefully the affected pieces will rebound swiftly!

• Like 1

That's the worst, SPS are so weird. I'm having some issues with my montis right now as well.. Just gotta keep on keeping on haha. Hopefully the affected pieces will rebound swiftly!

Sps are such a damn pain. But its a love hate relationship. Hoping they will come back, good luck with your montis.

Once you get your nitrates and phosphates tested, you can address any out of range problems if they exist.

You may be limited in those parameters or you may be high. Low on those will cause pale corals as you know.

High on those will cause algae like you are experiencing so addressing it will allow you to feed more to get them back to health.

• Like 1

Once you get your nitrates and phosphates tested, you can address any out of range problems if they exist.

You may be limited in those parameters or you may be high. Low on those will cause pale corals as you know.

High on those will cause algae like you are experiencing so addressing it will allow you to feed more to get them back to health.

I think i have a salifert nitrate kit. But dont have a phos kit. I have a god amount of algae, so clearly i have nutrients. But the algae could just be using all the phos and trates on top of my water changes and siphoning the BB. Im due for a w/c today but im going to skip and see if things get better over the week. Ill just siphon into a sock and not do a w/c.