SaltCritters.com

Arce's Tank

Arce

Putting my stuff up for sale soon if anyone wants anything shoot me a PM. Ill post the sale thread in here eventually when i make it.

michaelrzachmann

Putting my stuff up for sale soon if anyone wants anything shoot me a PM. Ill post the sale thread in here eventually when i make it.

slowly start that 40 breeder up!

Cameron6796

Oh my god, I clearly missed a lot. What happened, that must be a horrible feeling. I'm so so sorry I'd be mortified if I had this happen to me

;(

please rebuild this tank, i need the inspiration.

:wub: . Thanks, I may set up a small tank to keep my clown and mandarin in. Still trying to figure it out, i want a minimal investment in it.

:hug:

:tears:

Oh my god, I clearly missed a lot. What happened, that must be a horrible feeling. I'm so so sorry I'd be mortified if I had this happen to me

Yeaaa you missed a bit. Things just kept going down hill so i pulled the plug.

Sorry Arce - those are devastating pictures

Yea they are rough to look at.

Sorry Arce, but you did describe the hobby accurately. :(

Thats the unfortunate part :( . If i do a small system my investment will be minimal so if things dont work i wont regret it as much.

You always gotta look at the bright side, which in this case is that now your tank is instantly gorgonian dominant :)

Technicallly...... you could say i have a mixed tank because i have 2 gorgs 2 sps and 2 lps left over. LOL i couldnt throw a couple pieces away, mainly my monti cap with white polyps, my red goni and a pink BN frag. Figured id keep them for awhile longer since they are in perfect health so if i set a small system up i atleast have something.

Soooo heres where im currently at with my thought process on keeping another system...

I would like to obviously stay in the game, but want a minimal investment so in the event i need to take it down i don't feel like crap for wasting more money.

My thoughts are a 20 L which is honestly the smallest id be comfortable with to maintain the mandy and clown. I could do a canister filter, i wont do a HOB because i hate the splashing. Or i can do a AIO insert which is a bit more money to get made but i can at least hide the heater, ato and make a cleaner look which will obviously be the best choice.

So option 1 with the canister will run me around 80, while option 2 with the AIO will probably be 140ish.

Im going to keep some essential equipment from the 29 but sell the rest off.

• Like 1

Canister + inline heater?

Then have a single coral species mounted in different places! I love tanks dominated by 1-2 coral species.

Ive never had a in line heater. I think my preference would be the AIO because i can hide the ATO, temp probe from the RKL and have the heater in there. Can also be easier to maintain than the canister and overall looks is alot better.

Thats really the plan, probably just all the invasive corals people dont like. Xenia and such, then just going to put some nice macros maybe. Keep it simple.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Ohhhh I gotcha.

I'd say plant birdsnest frags everywhere and do an aquarium of those. But that's the sps lover in me talking.

Regardless, I think something simple will really rekindle your love of reefing after such a terrible disaster.

• Like 4

Soooo heres where im currently at with my thought process on keeping another system...

I would like to obviously stay in the game, but want a minimal investment so in the event i need to take it down i don't feel like crap for wasting more money.

My thoughts are a 20 L which is honestly the smallest id be comfortable with to maintain the mandy and clown. I could do a canister filter, i wont do a HOB because i hate the splashing. Or i can do a AIO insert which is a bit more money to get made but i can at least hide the heater, ato and make a cleaner look which will obviously be the best choice.

So option 1 with the canister will run me around 80, while option 2 with the AIO will probably be 140ish.

Im going to keep some essential equipment from the 29 but sell the rest off.

I like it, Arce! Check out Yoshi's tank! I'm on the hunt for macros so I'll let you know what I find.

• Like 1

Ohhhh I gotcha.

I'd say plant birdsnest frags everywhere and do an aquarium of those. But that's the sps lover in me talking.

Regardless, I think something simple will really rekindle your love of reefing after such a terrible disaster.

Thats my thinking as well. I kept two sps, a red monti with white polyps and the pink BN. I dont really want to dose in the system if i set it up though. So maybe kalk could handle their intake.

• Like 1

Ohhhh I gotcha.

Totally agree! After all the death in my biocube I've decided to KISS with leathers, mushrooms, and maybe some zoas and euphyllias. My light can't handle more than whats easy, and I'm not ready to upgrade the light in a tank I'm mad at.

Euphylia dominant tank?

Would totoally do that. But dont want to have to dose. Maybe kalk could handle it? Lets not get ahead of ourselves tho lol...

• Like 1

Dude...I feel for you. My 2G Fluval has been a challenge since the move, three crashes (two peroxide poisoning, totally my fault), but I still have survivors. It looks lis ass, and not the good kind. Nothing like what you are going through, but I can appreciate the feelings and frustration.

Going minimal and/or taking a break might help. I am going to muscle up and struggle through it, but I have far fewer problems to address.

Best of luck. Do not drop out completely, you are FAR too talented to stop all together. Like others, have really appreciated your tank thread and results.

• Like 1

Dude...I feel for you. My 2G Fluval has been a challenge since the move, three crashes (two peroxide poisoning, totally my fault), but I still have survivors. It looks lis ass, and not the good kind. Nothing like what you are going through, but I can appreciate the feelings and frustration.

Going minimal and/or taking a break might help. I am going to muscle up and struggle through it, but I have far fewer problems to address.

Best of luck. Do not drop out completely, you are FAR too talented to stop all together. Like others, have really appreciated your tank thread and results.

Thanks i really appreciate the kind words!!

This whole ordeal started back in April i think, so its been a couple months of dealing with issues, they just piled up and the leak/flood was just the final straw. Good luck to you as well!