ReefCleaners.org

Arce's Tank

Arce

My 29 doesn't cost me any money (well, salt and Kalk), I would just go low tech for a while and see what happens, for the hell of it. I haven;t had anything die in that damn tank yet. :)

I mean only my acros are really pissed nd brown. Everything else is hanging in there. I may do that Mark.

Yes! Do it! I vote with Mark.

Yes! Do it! I vote with Mark.

It just sucks watching everything deteriorate. So many issues at once really screwed things up. And the past couple months ive had zero time for my tank which is why they all occurred. Idk if i can even save most of them at this point.

• Like 1

It just sucks watching everything deteriorate. So many issues at once really screwed things up. And the past couple months ive had zero time for my tank which is why they all occurred. Idk if i can even save most of them at this point.

What about cleaning everything out and just turning the 29 into a frag tank for now? put your colonies in there, frag the good parts and then just keep them going until you set up your new tank? Plus, this way if you DO decide to take a break, you have everything all set to move if you need to. But don't take a break. This way, it will be easy for you to track what is going on with the corals if they're sitting on frag racks and such.

Although I just realized that doesn't help your fish at all.

What about cleaning everything out and just turning the 29 into a frag tank for now? put your colonies in there, frag the good parts and then just keep them going until you set up your new tank? Plus, this way if you DO decide to take a break, you have everything all set to move if you need to. But don't take a break. This way, it will be easy for you to track what is going on with the corals if they're sitting on frag racks and such.

Although I just realized that doesn't help your fish at all.

It pretty much is a frag tank if you go back a few pages i took a pic of what it looks like. Everythings om wggcrate above my rockwork. Cant take out the rocks need them for fish and filtration.

It pretty much is a frag tank if you go back a few pages i took a pic of what it looks like. Everythings om wggcrate above my rockwork. Cant take out the rocks need them for fish and filtration.

I forgot for a sec about the fish and such! you're way ahead of me.

I forgot for a sec about the fish and such! you're way ahead of me.

Yea when i had first noticed the aefw i cut everything and broke my scape apart to allow room for a frag frack ontop of the rocks. Makes it easier for when i dipped and stuff.

• Like 1

I think the tank giving you issues is some esoteric way of things telling you they miss your attention. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

If you can make time, even 20 minutes a day, it will go a long way in stabilizing everything. It may not be a 'display' reef right now, but there is life. Feed the corals, do your water changes, keep parameters in check. It will turn around.

• Like 1

I think the tank giving you issues is some esoteric way of things telling you they miss your attention. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

If you can make time, even 20 minutes a day, it will go a long way in stabilizing everything. It may not be a 'display' reef right now, but there is life. Feed the corals, do your water changes, keep parameters in check. It will turn around.

Thats the plan. I was just so busy the past couple months, finishing my last classes and work and life.

I don't care if i don't have a display, i haven't had one for months already. Main thing is just losing all my acros, I've thrown out so many already. Some due to AEFW others from all my other issues.

I tried to start re-balancing the system but then the nonsense from the other day occurred which really threw me off course again.

The 40B i had is up for sale on local forums, trying to get my money back on it at least. I think ive decided on a 30x18x18 as my future tank, 6 bulb ati w/ leds.One day... Definitely not going to 100% give up on the hobby.

• Like 5

So what is wrong with the 40B that you are getting something that is almost identical?

Well, when i reset i want a legit system. Starphire glass, nice stand etc. So i want to go custom or do something like Cadlights.

• Like 1

I know that feeling. I'm going to do a reboot of my biocube because I can;t figure out what's up. :unsure:

• Like 4

I'm doing a reboot on mine too, why not just do that? Setup a temporary tank to host your corals and fish while you clean out your current tank and start it up fresh. It wouldn't take much.

Hate the dimensions of the 29, need more depth. Idk why i did it to start lol.
  • Like 3

Hate the dimensions of the 29, need more depth. Idk why i did it to start lol.

Hate my cube. So hard to scale, though all my rocks are huge... And it's too deep for my short arms!

• Like 1

Hate my cube. So hard to scale, though all my rocks are huge... And it's too deep for my short arms!

This was my biggest issue with my nanocube,the rock work was a pita to get right,which I never did. Hence the 40.

• Like 2

I mean despite the restrictions of my 29 it looked pretty good in its prime. Just want to go to a tank with more depth. I really like the 30 length so the 30x18x18 should be the right fit. Idk, wont be anytime soon so i have time to think.

• Like 4

I mean despite the restrictions of my 29 it looked pretty good in its prime. Just want to go to a tank with more depth. I really like the 30 length so the 30x18x18 should be the right fit. Idk, wont be anytime soon so i have time to think.

Absolutely man my breeder is cut down to 30" display space it works well especially jumping from the cube.

• Like 2

Absolutely man my breeder is cut down to 30" display space it works well especially jumping from the cube.

Yea ive been following someones tank thats a 30x20x18 and its stunning. Plus its easier to light and its borderline between a nano and larger system. Really hits all the marks.

• Like 2