SaltCritters.com

Arce's Tank

Arce

1. Fix my light so it no longer leaks current which is extremely dangerous.

Oh yeah.. that's kind of an important one...

If it wasn't for the fact that I just set up a QT, I would probably seriously consider shutting my biocube down. But since I have the spare tank, I can use it to hold everything still alive while I clean out and clean up the biocube. Enabling me to start with clean aptasia free rocks. The only extras I really need to purchase are new rock and sand. Easy peasy for me... but I understand where you are coming from.

• Like 1

I would remove the corals and fish and set up a quarantine. Then you can dry out all the live rock and dip the corals and then you would know the bugs are gone. You have the equipment to qt. You had a great tank and I think you should try to keep at it. I think deep down you want to keep going as well. You wouldn't be posting here if you have lost your will to keep a reef tank. Your tank was beautiful and many, including myself, really admired your coral.

I really appreciate those kind words.

QT isn't an option though, cant set up another system. If i reboot the 29, ill take all the rock from my DT and toss it. I have a sump full of rock which shouldn't have any pests in it since there's no food down there (aka acros). So i can start with dry rock in the DT and not face a cycle. Then i can cut all SPS and dip, that may be enough to remove eggs and such. I do still love reefing, just at this moment its been more of a burden than a fun hobby.

Oh yeah.. that's kind of an important one...

If it wasn't for the fact that I just set up a QT, I would probably seriously consider shutting my biocube down. But since I have the spare tank, I can use it to hold everything still alive while I clean out and clean up the biocube. Enabling me to start with clean aptasia free rocks. The only extras I really need to purchase are new rock and sand. Easy peasy for me... but I understand where you are coming from.

Yea the lighting is an issue...

I will probably put everything in a tub or something while i do the reboot. Move everything to buckets or whatever then break down the 29, clean and redo it. I have like 50lbs of rock and sand ready from when i was going to go to the 40.

• Like 2

That's not a bad idea. I hope there's no bugs on those rocks down there though. I wonder how long they can live without Acropora as a food source.

There shouldn't be, i believe without food they don't live long.

Here is the plan...

I don't want to throw everything out that's alive, and to part with my fish would be pretty hard.

I'm giving this damned tank ONE last try. If i can bring some of the struggling pieces back to life, and maintain everything without any hiccups, ill reboot the 29 and make it a simple system just to stay in the hobby.

If the AEFW come back, or i face another major disaster I'm done, but I feel like I need to give it one last effort.

• Like 5

Here is the plan...

I don't want to throw everything out that's alive, and to part with my fish would be pretty hard.

I'm giving this damned tank ONE last try. If i can bring some of the struggling pieces back to life, and maintain everything without any hiccups, ill reboot the 29 and make it a simple system just to stay in the hobby.

If the AEFW come back, or i face another major disaster I'm done, but I feel like I need to give it one last effort.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:fingerscrossed

(I freaking love emoticons)

• Like 4

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:fingerscrossed

(I freaking love emoticons)

Needs more fingers crossed emoticons, going to need a lot of luck to bring some of these pieces back to life and fix all the issues.

• Like 2

Needs more fingers crossed emoticons, going to need a lot of luck to bring some of these pieces back to life and fix all the issues.

Nah. You just need an injection of positivity!

:haha:omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg:haha::haha::haha::haha:

• Like 2

The Kat is available to help with the dirty work of cutting dipping, fragging, tossing, water changing and other miscellaneous aquarium related work. I'm serious. You need some buddies helping out, and we'll rope in JU if he's available too.

• Like 3

The Kat is available to help with the dirty work of cutting dipping, fragging, tossing, water changing and other miscellaneous aquarium related work. I'm serious. You need some buddies helping out, and we'll rope in JU if he's available too.

Thanks kat. Judeos been mia idk what happened to him.

• Like 1

Today / tomorrow is the break down, just have to sell my clam and re-home my fish and a couple frags that aren't worth tossing in the garbage.

Bunch of things RTN'd and bleached over night. No idea why. Reboot probably isn't happening.

:tears: sorry arce :(

Today / tomorrow is the break down, just have to sell my clam and re-home my fish and a couple frags that aren't worth tossing in the garbage.

What about just running a fish and clam only???? fingerscrossed

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Keep my trashy 29 in mind if you decide you'd like to keep something running. That tank never stresses me out and keeps on going, and now has SPS alive in it. Get rid of your acros, it's probably too late for them, and go acroless for a while.

Regardless, do what you need to do to have fun, you can always do another tank when you're old and gray like me. :D

• Like 3

:tears: sorry arce :(

What about just running a fish and clam only???? fingerscrossed

Clams already sold, just waiting pick up.

Idk, its hard to part with my fish. The clown i have was my first fish in this tank, and the mandarin is my favorite fish. Ive considered keeping a fish only with my gorgs or something. Or even going LPS. But idk, i dont think its worth it.

Clams already sold, just waiting pick up.

Idk, its hard to part with my fish. The clown i have was my first fish in this tank, and the mandarin is my favorite fish. Ive considered keeping a fish only with my gorgs or something. Or even going LPS. But idk, i dont think its worth it.

I think it is totally worth it! It will be so much easier and much more care free. This way you can enjoy what you have with hopefully not nearly as much frustration. Then move back into SPS and such when you move and set up your new build!

HarryPotter

I think it is totally worth it! It will be so much easier and much more care free. This way you can enjoy what you have with hopefully not nearly as much frustration. Then move back into SPS and such when you move and set up your new build!

Or no SPS; either way.

• Like 1