Top Shelf Aquatics

Arce's Tank

Arce

Sorry for the troubles Arce. :( Besides pissed corals, are you seeing any more signs of the FW? Eggs?

If you have say 25 colonies/frags, how many are healthy right now? What % of your corals are problem free.

Separate the problem free corals from the others on diff sides of the tank if you can. If the good corals out number the declining - that's no reason to consider quitting.

If that is not the case, and the declining corals are fast becoming more than the healthy ones, put the healthy ones in the new tank and see if you can live with that.

:grouphug:

I'd have to agree. Although it's SPS dominant tanks reporting these problems I think. What's up with that?

3 Milli conlonies affected by AEFW. No visual signs since last dip.

Last dip i went heavy on the bayer, seriously injured alot of corals, poor color / PE. Rebounding all of them will take time but some are unaffected.

Im really distraught at the millis dying, they were in my top 5.

SPS are just a PITA

I need to do a dip tomorrow per the scheduled cycle but im afraid i will stress them more and make things worse. I may have to let things heal then resume the dips

I need to do a dip tomorrow per the scheduled cycle but im afraid i will stress them more and make things worse. I may have to let things heal then resume the dips

I agree. so what damage did you see on the millies from the FW?

• Like 1

I agree. so what damage did you see on the millies from the FW?

No PE, poor color, dead spots. And i pulled the FW in the picture from the previous page from one of the millis. Was a miracle that i saw it.

I suggest it wasn't the Bayer that harmed then but possibly the water parameters? I've left acros in Bayer for 15 to 20 minutes with no harm.

• Like 1

I suggest it wasn't the Bayer that harmed then but possibly the water parameters? I've left acros in Bayer for 15 to 20 minutes with no harm.

Its not so much the time but the concentration of the bayer that stressed them. I really winged it and went a bit overkill.

• Like 1

Its not so much the time but the concentration of the bayer that stressed them. I really winged it and went a bit overkill.

Maybe, but reports on RC is that no one has found a concentration that harms non-smooth skinned acros. Of course if you used so much as to lower the salinity of the water ...

Anyway that doesn't help right now except to be aware of it when dipping again. :(

• Like 3

Maybe, but reports on RC is that no one has found a concentration that harms non-smooth skinned acros. Of course if you used so much as to lower the salinity of the water ...

Anyway that doesn't help right now except to be aware of it when dipping again. :(

Could have, no idea. Not going to dip again till things rebound. But then on ill make sure i do 1ml to 100 of water

• Like 1

your tank looks awesome! really nice growth on the sps. the re coloration on the birds nest gives me hope for mine!

Thanks, i wish i still had it. It RTNd on me with all my troubles.

Thanks, i wish i still had it. It RTNd on me with all my troubles.

oh noooo i must have missed that part whoops :-( looking forward to seeing the new stuff. following along!

dang, sorry about your wrasse Stay patient - things will turn around

Hopefully =[... I havent had much time for my tank so its really struggling. In two weeks my time should free uo hopefully. Then ill get things back.

• Like 1

oya? grows like a weed. In fact i had to trim it and nobody wanted the frags, so.... :blush:

love the spongodes.

My wrasse jumped :tears::tears::tears::tears:

Cant catch a break -_-

No idea how he got through the net. So upset.

OH NOOOOOOOOOO!! I'm sorry, Arce :(

• Like 1

Well good thing is after RAP i went home with a level head and fixed my scape for the 40. Just have to raise it now with some mortar and it should be good. I dont think im going to set the 40 up though. I think im going to just let things get stable for a couple months in the 29 and let the sps heal from alll the issues first. That way during a transfer they will be able to handle it.

Im hoping that since my wrasse died my flatworm population wont blow up. I only saw him nibbling once or twice but who knows how much he really ate.

• Like 1