Arce

To do...

Spray paint stand

Buy rock

Scape

Get glass for sump baffles

Make my scape

Drill the tank

Figure out how the hell im going to do the transfer...

• Like 2

i could share my transfer document with you. But you cn make your own. it lists everything i have to do then puts it in order. Like how many gallons do i need to have on hand, how many rubbermaid tubs to hold what while i do what. clean what. and a time line.

• Like 2

i could share my transfer document with you. But you cn make your own. it lists everything i have to do then puts it in order. Like how many gallons do i need to have on hand, how many rubbermaid tubs to hold what while i do what. clean what. and a time line.

How much new water did u need to make. I assumed you used 100% of your RSMs water?

Worried about stability and shocking the coral / fish in transfer. I plan to use 100% of my old water sooo that means ill probably need somewhere around 20-25 gallons of new water :wacko:

i had 2 tanks running for 3 months. so I basically had to make all new water. I used up the RSM water in the new tank but that wasn't enough.

Did you match alk or no?

i can't remember, but i think i did.

Yea thats guna be a pain. My alks high right now so it may work out.

Got a few weeks before it sees water anyway so i got time.

Paleoreef103

Cool. So what's the game plan? Lighting? Filtration? You had a pretty stellar 29 and I'm sure you'll love joining the 40 breeder club.

Cool. So what's the game plan? Lighting? Filtration? You had a pretty stellar 29 and I'm sure you'll love joining the 40 breeder club.

Thanks. Everything from the 29 is going to the 40. Nothings changing. Eventually ill upgrade the light, still want a 6 bulb fixture, or maybe a halide t5 combo. Ill probably also upgrade the skimmer one day but not any time soon.

Making progress. And yes that is sand.... :ninja:

Waiting for my shipment of rocks to come in, cant wait to start making a scape!!

Spray painted the stand black. Next step is the scape, baffles for the sump, Drill the tank :unsure: , then i can start prepping for the transfer.

17987785168_8bedaf40de_z.jpgUntitled by justin arce, on Flickr

• Like 3
Steensj2004

Overflow box or no overflow box w/ Durso style? drilling isn't hard, youll do great! Excited to see the new tank all set up!

• Like 1

Overflow box or no overflow box w/ Durso style? drilling isn't hard, youll do great! Excited to see the new tank all set up!

Using the same glass holes from my 29g. I drilled my 29g but with the trouble i had finding this 40, im afraid of messing it up! Lol

• Like 1
Steensj2004

Using the same glass holes from my 29g. I drilled my 29g but with the trouble i had finding this 40, im afraid of messing it up! Lol

Some advice, if you havent already done it this way....

The 40 will give you plenty of room on the inside, drill from the inside out. My LFS does this and it leaves all the scalloping/ chips on the outside, allowing the inner gasket a perfect place to seal.

Although I am not 100% sure of the glass holes kit..... anyway, I know it has provided 100% leak free bulkheads for my LFS!

• Like 1

Updated to do list...

1. Rough Scape

2. Finalize/mortar Scape

3. Sump baffles

4. Drill tank

5. Paint back of tank

6. Clean Sand & Rock

7. Make transfer plan

8. Tank transfer

• Like 2