Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arce's Tank

Arce

My LFS priced out a Deep Blue 57RR for a good price when I was looking to upgrade late last year. You already have the stand, this should be a quick fix. 36X18X20

The DB 57 is a horrible tank. My lfs has one as a display. The overflow is centered and is huge.

all center overflows are huge

The overflow takes the 18" width to like 12". Not worth.

Going to try to go to like a petsmart ot something and search their stock to find a tank that may work. Might try looking at marineland tanks instead. If that doesnt work out im going to look into custom

jedimasterben

FYI you can also have your LFS order a Deep Blue tank with no overflow and drill your own (aka the 'planted' version), only the front panel is tempered.

db%20tempered%20013114_page_1.jpg

• Like 1

FYI you can also have your LFS order a Deep Blue tank with no overflow and drill your own (aka the 'planted' version), only the front panel is tempered.

db%20tempered%20013114_page_1.jpg

I was thinking about it. But i may wait since i gave my lfs a hard time about both the other tanks and feel like an ass lol.

My 40 breeder was off the shelf at Petsmart. No runs, no leaks, no errors.

I bought my 150 from my goto LFS but for smaller tanks that aren't fancy smancy the chain stores are the way to go IMO.

Only question is how drillable it it.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

The Tetra 40B (carried by Petco nationwide now instead of Aqueon) are all non-tempered. I think Petsmart carries Aqueon, but those are non-tempered, too, but you'll probably want a different brand now lol

The Tetra 40B (carried by Petco nationwide now instead of Aqueon) are all non-tempered. I think Petsmart carries Aqueon, but those are non-tempered, too, but you'll probably want a different brand now lol

Lol well im going to take a look at the ones at petsmart to see if they are as bad. Might have just been the batch that the supplier for my lfs got. If the petsmart ones Are bad its either custom or try deep blue.

Ill try to get some soon, maybe tomorrow. Got to much going on tonight.

Engagement does't take long. You marry me? Good, ok, got stuff to do, take care. :flower:

• Like 3

Engagement does't take long. You marry me? Good, ok, got stuff to do, take care. :flower:

Lmfao mark... Not any time soon man! lol although my GF would be on your side.

Awwww man PEA is having 40% off their aussie frags and they still have the teal stag i want. But the other spathulata i wanted sold. Bleh

• Like 2

Went to petsmart. They had aqueons and their "best choice" brands. I gave them all a gentle tug in the middle to simulate water in the tank. All of them showed bubbles in the seams. Some more than others but regardless i would not be able to sleep at night. Now i dont know if this is happenig because of a result of poor quality or if this is just common for the 40 since its larger and doesnt have a center brace or thicker glass, but this is complete crap. Next step, ask a local and an online builder how much a custom 40 is. If that doesnt work out im going to get a deep blue or marineland and however it comes im going to use it.

• Like 1

PHOTOOOSSSSS omgomgomg:naughtydance:

Current state of the tank.... :owned::owned::owned::owned:

17836175461_78ddaacd40_z.jpgDSCN0664 by justin arce, on Flickr

Naoke Fairy Wrasse.. Got him on sale and used the store credit i had from the 40 return

17648174780_2b35995774_z.jpgDSCN0696 by justin arce, on Flickr

The katropora.. Growing a bit but colors 100 times better than it used to be.

17213165714_f2bde4603f_k.jpgDSCN0685 by justin arce, on Flickr

Bonsai

17809432136_82bde07805_k.jpgDSCN0681 by justin arce, on Flickr

Green slimer, growing like a weed.

17647935498_514753b06b_k.jpgDSCN0683 by justin arce, on Flickr

Green table, this has had great growth, i got this piece in november and it had zero table at the time so all of thats new growth.

17647984338_f7323c6e41_z.jpgDSCN0676 by justin arce, on Flickr

Pink Lemonade, also grows like a weed.

17648252640_4e449926bb_k.jpgDSCN0682 by justin arce, on Flickr

Thats it for now.

• Like 5