Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arce's Tank

Arce

And I'm pretty sure I have some of that teal stag horn.

I'm gonna head home soon, I can frag a nice piece of it for you.

That works! Let me know

I want to move ahead and buy my rocks and stuff for the upgrade but this tank nonsense is holding everything up.

I still do have a lot to do, i havent even knocked anything off the list yet because i been to busy. Hopefully i can do some things next week.

My tanks starting to suffer though. When i removed all my sps to dip them i made a platform and rested it on the rocks, most things bleached a bit due to the increase in light. And despite gluing them down to rubble and plugs, the gyre keeps pushing them along with my damn snails and they all end up touching and starting wars. So now some pieces have dead spots which will obviously come back but its such a pain. Only real casualty i see coming is my ponape colony that bleached like crazy, then started showing stn on the bottom when i moved it.

CatfishSoupFTW

Yea im hoping the next one doesnt do the same to me. I was considering Deep blues. But i brought the tank back to my LFS and the owner actually has the deep blue 80s as his frag tanks and we went around all of them and noticed they all showed some bubbling but not to the extent mine did. Those tanks were running with no problems for 5+years.

Thanks, Its an option, but if i were to go custom id do it the right way and either go with a well known big name or a local company.

dont get fooled by the idea that its chinese, lol they are very well built. Low iron, crystal clear, mine in this case is 8mm thick, and the seams are flawless. Basically the ada look minus the price. Nothing about it feels cheap. It looks and feels better than those generic petco, petsmart, big als etc tanks.

http://www.aquainspiration.com/nproductlisttype.asp?PNAME=AT&PTYPE=Starfire%20Tank

if you ever come down to Toronto they have a store.

check er out!

Aside from that, im not much of cheapo when it comes to equipment. I got sicce pumps, and cadlight products, and a kessil etc. But i assure you its top notch stuff. Bubble free too. lol

• Like 1

I've seen 40bs lit with a single 250w halide.

Go 2x150 2/4 t5!

I almost went that route with my 65.

Thats alotta electricity lol. I would love to get halides though. Tried and true. Maybe one day

TheKleinReef

Thats alotta electricity lol. I would love to get halides though. Tried and true. Maybe one day

The old Geisman infinity fixtures were freaking awesome.

I wanted one so bad. Haha

The old Geisman infinity fixtures were freaking awesome.

I wanted one so bad. Haha

I dnt think i ever saw them, i know nothing of MH seeing how ive only had t5 / led. Never even looked into them

TheKleinReef

I dnt think i ever saw them, i know nothing of MH seeing how ive only had t5 / led. Never even looked into them

:o Google dem.

They're sexier than ATI's in my opinion.

But they're pricey and I can't seem to find a 36" fixture.

I had a 2x250w fixture over my frag tank. It was a power suck that's for sure.

I bet.

I just feel guilty since im still under my mothers roof. I mean between the amount of water and electricity i use lol...

One day when i finally get my own place and can afford it ill probably go MH. I've just been looking at so many tanks lately for inspiration for my 40 and I've grown to love the MH ones over any other.

• Like 1

Or.......

I could do a 150w MH and then 4 39w T5. Pretty much what i have now minus the LEDS..... Thats only $10 a month in electricity :rolleyes:

Tank # 2 was the same as the first, returned them for store credit. No idea what im going to do but i need to figure it out fast.