Coral Vue Hydros

Arce's Tank

Arce

In other news. Since the heater was removed my tanks been drifting to around 76 at night, 2 degrees lower than i keep it. Not worried about it. But i did contact Aqueon, they said there hasn't been any recalls or issues recently so who knows what happened to mine, i really should have kept it and sent it back to them.

Also the other day when i did my water change, i checked my alk......

It was 10.3, i think the highest my alk has ever been since keeping SPS, but all my pieces are looking pretty good so i really haven't cared. I think its because I've been doing such large changes lately thanks to the AEFW dips since the fresh salt has a higher alk. When i get the new system up and running ill lower it to 8-9.

I've been feeding reef roids 2-3 times a day, and its been doing wonders. Some of my sps have colored up immensely, mainly my bonsai which has gotten great deep purple color and lighter at the tips with nice PE. The only thing is I'm not sure if its because of the feedings or other factors because a lot has changed in my tank. They are getting more light, higher alk, larger water changes, more food. So yea, who knows.

• Like 3

I've been feeding reef roids 2-3 times a day, and its been doing wonders. Some of my sps have colored up immensely, mainly my bonsai which has gotten great deep purple color and lighter at the tips with nice PE. The only thing is I'm not sure if its because of the feedings or other factors because a lot has changed in my tank. They are getting more light, higher alk, larger water changes, more food. So yea, who knows.

A day? :o

• Like 1

A day? :o

Thats the exact face I made when I read that....

Yep!!! And quite a bit too.

I was only doing it because of the NPS Gorg i have. Really just wanted to keep that alive and healthy, but it obviously affects my sps.

I broadcast roughly half a teaspoon at a time, 3 times a day? No idea, i usually just dump it straight into the tank and don't measure. I put it in my return chamber because when you first add it it will float so over the hour it slowly sinks and gets sucked through the return into the tank. Just minimizes how much hits the skimmer right away so more stays in the water column.

• Like 2

Good to hear it resulted in great color. I really think a lot of SPS problems are because we expect them to live in a semi-starved state.

I'm already buying the "PRO" sized jar of Reef Roids. :D I've also been trying Phol's Xtra Special, which is causing cyano but also seems to be good food for SPS.

• Like 2

Good to hear it resulted in great color. I really think a lot of SPS problems are because we expect them to live in a semi-starved state.

I'm already buying the "PRO" sized jar of Reef Roids. :D I've also been trying Phol's Xtra Special, which is causing cyano but also seems to be good food for SPS.

Yea I agree. I think the only reason i can feed so much is because of how clean my tank already is. So that's the plan for the next tank as well, and a lot more feeding. I want to get some different things to feed. I've been using acropower for awhile now on a daily dose of 5mL but i haven't noticed a major difference so ill probably take that off in replace of some other aminos or foods.

I'm 80% sure Phol's xtra saved my tank.

That stuff is amazing.

Oh ill have to give phols a try then

Pohl's Xtra, Sponge Power and Coral Vitalizer.

(combined with all the food) lol

Ill have to try them. I also want to get some phyto as well.

• Like 1

I feed the corals at least twice daily too. :)

I used to only do once a day but the tank disasters have given me the freedom to experiment. So far so good.

Pohl's Xtra, Sponge Power and Coral Vitalizer.

(combined with all the food) lol

Good grief, I'm going to need a scraper just for the cyano. :)

• Like 1

The tank should adjust to it. Mine did. I had to tweak the dosages a bit as well so I didn't get cyano.

You still dosing it? How much a day?

PEECHURS!

Of it at the store

In the car

In the house

Unpacking

Unpacked

On the stand

water test

You know how this goes soldier.

Lol.

Its nothing crazy, just a standard 40. Not going to even see water for a couple weeks, too much to still do. :(

I have to....

Clean the stand

Paint the stand

Drill the tank

Get rocks

Make scape

Soak rock (Maybe)

Decide if i want sand :ninja:

Get baffles for the sump

Get a new return pump

Transfer everything

All of this ontop of my hectic life lol, why cant upgrading be easier...

Clean and paint the stand - weekend 1

Drill tank - weekend 2

Rocks and scape - ongoing for life

Baffles - weekend 3

transfer everything - weeks 4-8

Yeaaaa something like that.