inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

Day two. No visual sign of any bugs. Some corals are super pissed. Others acting like nothing happened. Time will tell if theres any left. Planning another dip probably next weekend.

• Like 2

Day 3, still no signs of anything. The millis look great, but some other pieces have minimal PE and look a little stressed... The one piece that i saw the most bugs on actually looks to be healing, i cant see as many bite marks anymore, there's maybe a couple that i can count compared to before the dip.

Lets hope there isnt many aefw eggs.

So annoyed with my alk again. So last time my hanna was giving readings around 7 and my salifert was giving readings around 8. Today i tested since I've been neglecting everything from being so depressed about the bugs. Salifert read a 6.5 and the hana was a 8.2........ Like wtf. Tests were all done accurately in clean vials done 3 times. No idea if i need to up my dose or drop it, I quit lol. :mellow:

So sorry about the infestation! That's a bummer but I hope the dip and the wrasse deal with them.

Although I would love it if another NR-er would get ponies to share in the comraderie, they are not easy either. It's different things to stay on top of from SPS but they are pretty high maintenance.

How is it going Arce?

Its going. New job has me tied up with time leaving barely any for the tank. Dont even want to think about my alk right now. Havent seen any bugs since the dip. Doesnt mean they arent there though, or eggs. Have another dip planned for saturday or sunday.

Month left for school then ill have more time.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Sorry about your troubles! I'm also battling those damn flat worms in both my tanks and hydroids too. I hope that you win your battle.

Sorry about your aefw troubles. I'm had them before and it is disheartening. But you can beat them with time and perseverance. After every dip I would search the bottom of the coral for egg clusters. Then physically scrape the eggs off. I never blew the acros off with a turkey baster. I didn't want the chance of an aefw transferring to anther colony that wasn't infected. It's been years later and I haven't had one since.

This is one of the little bastard I removed after a dip. It was the biggest one I've seen but most were way smaller.

6b43ba7c9a7e10ade5f13334b4fd94e5.jpg

Good Luck

Sorry about your troubles! I'm also battling those damn flat worms in both my tanks and hydroids too. I hope that you win your battle.

Same to you!

Sorry about your aefw troubles. I'm had them before and it is disheartening. But you can beat them with time and perseverance. After every dip I would search the bottom of the coral for egg clusters. Then physically scrape the eggs off. I never blew the acros off with a turkey baster. I didn't want the chance of an aefw transferring to anther colony that wasn't infected. It's been years later and I haven't had one since.

This is one of the little bastard I removed after a dip. It was the biggest one I've seen but most were way smaller.

6b43ba7c9a7e10ade5f13334b4fd94e5.jpg

Good Luck

Thanks for the pic, but mine werent that big. Wish i had done my dipping in a smaller container so i could have drained some water off to check the bottom. Oh well..

Anyways...

Whatever day it is since the dip... Still no signs of worms. The acro that was suffering the most was the blue voodoo, which appears to almost have completely healed. It had a lot of small circular bite marks but i just checked it and i cant see any anymore. This is a good sign!

Also almost all of the corals have already began to encrust on the new rocks that i glued them too. Seems like everything is healthy.

• Like 6

Interesting. My first bout with AEFW started on an ORA Blue Voodoo I bought locally. Must be really susceptible to them. Hopefully you've kicked their ass!

• Like 1

LFS had so many nice acros in stock. It took all my strength to resist.

Interesting. My first bout with AEFW started on an ORA Blue Voodoo I bought locally. Must be really susceptible to them. Hopefully you've kicked their ass!

Yea i think they target certain acros over others. A couple people ive talked to have also said the same thing. Yeaaaa i hope so.

• Like 2

I am so sorry about the wrasse passing but glad that it's looking promising regarding the flat worms.

Yea, so far so good.

Poor wrasse :(

Yep! no idea what got him.