ReefCleaners.org

Arce's Tank

Arce

TheKleinReef

Think i decided on a return pump. Going to go with a mag 5 with a ball valve to reduce the flow to match what my overflow can handle. Considering throwing a reactor on but haven't decided.

i had a mag before, it lasted a long time. I just wanted something quieter. Supreme Classic was good with the warranty as well. Once it died they shipped out replacement parts, now i have a backup.

• Like 1
SpankythePyro

You should look at the red sea reefer line... it has a center overflow but IMO I can deal with that for the looks of the aquarium

TheKleinReef

Looked at them, im not sure if it would fit in my return chamber... its 4" wide but my returns super small id have to measure it.

Eheim! :)

Man eheims are pricey! Didnt realize they were that much!

Ive been using an old $20 pump thats been discontinued and is a piece of crap... i think anything would really be an upgrade at this point :lol: . Going to measure my sump and check to see if the syncra pro will fit.

• Like 1

Syncra pro 550 gph or the syncra 2.0...?

The pro has a pretty big footprint... 6"x4"x4"

My return sections 10"x4.5" (Idr the height).. Would be a reallyyyy tight fit for the pro.

The only SPS I see lots of growth from is my pocillipora and my red cap (I'd call it a pink cap now). The rest have good color but veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy slow growth I just keep thinking I'm missing some magic growth hormone lol

add zooplankton to your routine. Fuel and coral amino are the same thing and they are amino acids, not food. Reef snow has zooplankton but is a decaying form, you can get this simply by turkey basting your rocks. The resulting detritus is reef snow.

Adding proper sized zooplankton like rotifers, nutricell, reef roids, is food. Try it.

While frozen, liquid suspension and freeze dried foods can also be argued as decaying since they aren't fresh, they are still more whole than detritus, which is essentially in reef snow. A good usage of reef snow is if you were to throw in some phyto, let the phyto attach to the snow for a few minutes before you feed it.

• Like 1

:o great photography and corals! That first piece has some of the best blue I've ever seen.

It is a bright beautiful blue. Cant wait for it to take off and grow so the green base shows more.

• Like 1