Coral Vue Hydros

Arce's Tank

Arce

hmmm. not familiar with that. I know Christine (nanotopia) uses it though.

what's mag at?

Calcium will not go above 380. I will manually dose, read a test at 420, next day or two back to 380. Alk has been swinging from 6.8-7.3 usually in swings of .2dkh.

jedimasterben

Calcium will not go above 380. I will manually dose, read a test at 420, next day or two back to 380.

Start dumping that ish in, then :)

TheKleinReef

Calcium will not go above 380. I will manually dose, read a test at 420, next day or two back to 380. Alk has been swinging from 6.8-7.3 usually in swings of .2dkh.

I wouldn't call that much of a swing. 0.2dkh might just be a consumption. When i was home i ended up bumping my alk up 25mL to balance it all out. and i agree with ben. bump that Ca dosing.

Man I wish I had your problem. My Alk has been elevated up around 11 due to dosing TechM for Bryopsis. Well, the bryopsis is gone now, but now I cant get my damn Alk to come back down to where I want it around 8. Don't mean to steal your thread Arce, but since we have some people that know a lot more about dosing in here, anyone have any ideas?

Man I wish I had your problem. My Alk has been elevated up around 11 due to dosing TechM for Bryopsis. Well, the bryopsis is gone now, but now I cant get my damn Alk to come back down to where I want it around 8. Don't mean to steal your thread Arce, but since we have some people that know a lot more about dosing in here, anyone have any ideas?

Whats ur mag at now? What salt r u using? If ur mags elevated just do w/c with a salt like regular IO. Or just let everything be and let ur corals consume until u reach the levels u want then jimp back on dosing.

Whats ur mag at now? What salt r u using? If ur mags elevated just do w/c with a salt like regular IO. Or just let everything be and let ur corals consume until u reach the levels u want then jimp back on dosing.

See thats the weird thing. I dosed my mag up to around 1800 when I was trying to kill off the bryopsis, which is what originally spiked my Alk. That was about a month ago and my mag has now dropped back down to normal range(it was actually all the way down to 1160 and I dosed it back up to 1300 earlier this week). So now the mag has dropped, but my Alk is still up around 11(and calcium is around 400)

Oh and I use Red Sea salt, blue bucket, not coral pro. The blue bucket mixes to alk under 8, and I have been doing 5 gallon water changes no more than 7 days apart.

See thats the weird thing. I dosed my mag up to around 1800 when I was trying to kill off the bryopsis, which is what originally spiked my Alk. That was about a month ago and my mag has now dropped back down to normal range(it was actually all the way down to 1160 and I dosed it back up to 1300 earlier this week). So now the mag has dropped, but my Alk is still up around 11(and calcium is around 400)

Oh and I use Red Sea salt, blue bucket, not coral pro. The blue bucket mixes to alk under 8, and I have been doing 5 gallon water changes no more than 7 days apart.

Are you dosing alk? Back off on the dose? Let the corals consume until u hit 8.

I did that when i first started since my alk was around 10.

Are you dosing alk? Back off on the dose? Let the corals consume until u hit 8.

I did that when i first started since my alk was around 10.

Nope. I haven't dosed Alk in months. Im pretty sure that the TechM dosing just threw the parameters off real bad and now everything is just unbalanced.

Nope. I haven't dosed Alk in months. Im pretty sure that the TechM dosing just threw the parameters off real bad and now everything is just unbalanced.

Thats super strange, maybe large waterchange?

2 days till i leave for spring break in Cancun..... Cannot wait....

• Like 2

Thats super strange, maybe large waterchange?

2 days till i leave for spring break in Cancun..... Cannot wait....

I was considering that, I just am scared to drop it too fast.

Hell yea, enjoy cancun.

• Like 1