SaltCritters.com

Arce's Tank

Arce

If you go 40B and can lift something heavier I would go 65, the tall version of the 40. Give the acros some height to grow. I always felt cramped in the 40, but then I prefer tall tanks.

• Like 2

If you go 40B and can lift something heavier I would go 65, the tall version of the 40. Give the acros some height to grow. I always felt cramped in the 40, but then I prefer tall tanks.

Ill have to take that into consideration, didnt think about it. Good call.

Just googled the sizes...

I wouldnt go 65 thats too high for me. Maybe the 50g instead.

I wish i could see a standard 40b and a 50 next to each other. Deciding is hard. I got time to decide though.

They're really about the same. It's about two inches taller. One thing that might sway you is that 50s are often tempered glass and often have a center brace. It's also much harder to find a 50 compared to a 40 breeder. Just wait for a dollar per gallon sale on the 40 breeder.

They're really about the same. It's about two inches taller. One thing that might sway you is that 50s are often tempered glass and often have a center brace. It's also much harder to find a 50 compared to a 40 breeder. Just wait for a dollar per gallon sale on the 40 breeder.

Hmm good point

Either way i know im going with the same base dims so the stands already planned out in my head. Should be an easy build. Going to take my time with it though to make it a littler better than my 29s stand.

Hey arce first off love everything about this tank.....awesome job. secondly how are your sps liking the gyre?any discernible differences in polyp extension?

Thanks a lot rehype!

SPS are loving the gyre so far. There is a bit more PE but i cant say its been a drastic change. But the flow it puts out is wayy better than the mp10/wp10 combo i was using before.

• Like 2

Alk has still been an issue since switching 2 parts. Cant get it dialed in. SPS are showing a noticeable response to it. No necrosis just pissed off SPS with crappy PE.

Alk has still been an issue since switching 2 parts. Cant get it dialed in. SPS are showing a noticeable response to it. No necrosis just pissed off SPS with crappy PE.

Are you just measuring Alk and dosing accordingly?

My usage is starting to spike, up to 90ml a day now and still stuck at 7.3. :D

Geesh, whats your dosing pump, a sicce 2.0? :P

• Like 3

Yep. I got my calc and mag stable first. Geez 90ml is crazyz
  • Like 1

Yep. I got my calc and mag stable first. Geez 90ml is crazyz

I was 110ml a day back in October, the big stylo and slimer can really use it up. From what I understand pushing 200 a day would be expected with large acros. - gulp - :)

I would completely ignore Calcium and just concentrate on Alk. You might be doing this and I am just reading wrong above, if so ignore me. If you worry at all about calcium you will have issues balancing Alk. As long as you dose equal parts then Calcium will balance out on its own. You'll find when you do this Alk stops bouncing around, since the bounce is usually related to the calcium dose.

• Like 1

I was 110ml a day back in October, the big stylo and slimer can really use it up. From what I understand pushing 200 a day would be expected with large acros. - gulp - :)

I would completely ignore Calcium and just concentrate on Alk. You might be doing this and I am just reading wrong above, if so ignore me. If you worry at all about calcium you will have issues balancing Alk. As long as you dose equal parts then Calcium will balance out on its own. You'll find when you do this Alk stops bouncing around, since the bounce is usually related to the calcium dose.

Psh at that point id just get a calc reactor.

• Like 2

Just had a idea.... I have a super small like 20gph pump that i took from an old intank filter. Ive been trying to find a way to daily dose some reef snow but since the BM doser cant do anything smaller than a mL i thought of diluting the mix and doing it that way. Only issue was with the reef snow seperating over time. Thinking about putting the pump into the container and having it on a timer to turn on before the dose happens. Just thinking if the mixture would seperate while in the dosing tube...? My tank can easily handle 1 mL of snow a day but i just dont want to go crazy heavy with it because i like to feed other stuff as well. Point of this is to just get constant food in the column.