Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arce's Tank

Arce

Trying another fix to the top off problem, went and bought one of those shorter filter socks cut it up and wrapped the float in it. Now no snails or stars should be able to get into it. Might have to clean it off every once and awhile but i dont think flow should be restricted since its not being filtered through the material.

Also i just switched 2 parts so im suppperrrrr nervous about my alk levels swinging. I switched from the red sea to brightwells two part. For the next two weeks im going to be testing like crazy to make sure that my levels dont jump.

In other news the clam actually looks a little better today. Maybe it was just being irritated and doesnt have PM? Fingers crossed...

• Like 3

I want to switch out of BRS too. If i had time, I would have converted my tank to Brightwell powders as well. I've heard good things about that stuff.

Hoping for the best about the clam. They look good one day, then BAM....cranky little creatures they are!

• Like 1

I want to switch out of BRS too. If i had time, I would have converted my tank to Brightwell powders as well. I've heard good things about that stuff.

Hoping for the best about the clam. They look good one day, then BAM....cranky little creatures they are!

I couldnt stand red seas anymore, the calcium and mag were seperate so my mag levels kept dropping and screwing my alk.

Yeaaa im hoping it pulls through. Well see what happens. Just dont want it to poop out and throw off my levels.

• Like 2

Green slimer has been growing like crazy, wish some of my other pieces would grow as fast.

Yea, wouldn't that be nice! :) My turquoise stag might be growing as fast but I'm having issues getting the blue color back. Miami Orchid grows fast as well.

• Like 1

Man this month has been a rollercoaster for me. Tank has been so neglected lately. The 2 part switch messed up my alk and calc as expected. Need to get them dialed in asap. Reallllyyyy need to do a water change lol.

Anybody ever try diluting reef snow with rodi? If left alone would it settle or separate? might have to do a experiment...

Side note.... I wish my refugium was bigger <_<

I have no self control....

I need to go to like reefers anonymous meetings to get help lol, or someone has to lock out my bank account. :rolleyes:

Loveee the gyre though, really wasnt sold on it because the reverse mode kind of sucks unless you change the paddles, but the shear amount of water it moves, and the fact that its a wider flow is what sold me. Probably going to sell the MP10.

16584429895_40bc6e8fee_h.jpgUntitled by justinarce5692, on Flickr

• Like 4

It will be good to see how your sps react- keep us posted!

Will do!

So far so good, they have some intense PE right now but that probably because of all the junk the high flows picking up and putting in the water column

• Like 2

Will do!

So far so good, they have some intense PE right now but that probably because of all the junk the high flows picking up and putting in the water column

Cool- what % are you running it at?