inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

Man Arce, you have stocked your tank to the gills! Nice progress!

I'm thinking that went for an SPS dominated tank. Less problems like that.

Thanks, yea its getting crowded but i have room for a bit more lol.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Thanks, yea its getting crowded but i have room for a bit more lol.

That is a good issue to have. I'm getting to that point with my 10G too. But when you have a mixed reef like mine, space between corals is even more important.

That is a good issue to have. I'm getting to that point with my 10G too. But when you have a mixed reef like mine, space between corals is even more important.

Yea its hard with sweepers. I have a couple sps literally growing inti each other, but i can manipulate my scape a bit more to make room. I have a few corals ive been eyeing that i want bad.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Yea its hard with sweepers. I have a couple sps literally growing inti each other, but i can manipulate my scape a bit more to make room. I have a few corals ive been eyeing that i want bad.

Yup, they don't call my "hammer" coral for nothing. It just hammers away at anything too close to it. :D

So i was totally on board with the gyre, but now im not feeling it anymore after seeing it. Think i might get another MP10.

When my gyre gets here next week, my MP10s will be up FS.

I have a few corals ive been eyeing that i want bad.

which ones?

When my gyre gets here next week, my MP10s will be up FS.

How much you looking to get? Maybe just for one since i have my other. Not sure if you want to sell seperate

which ones?

super secret :ninja:

Life continuing to throw curve balls, tank will be on auto pilot with no new additions for quite some time. Going to have to diy fix my top off since im so strapped for cash. Atleast i can just watch things grow for a bit.

Life of a college kid, even with working full time its still hard. Just need to get through the next 3 months and im good.

I remember those days and don't envy you! My hubby and I just got done with life with having kids in college. LOL That's not easy either, especially with 3 boys in 5 years, we had 2 in college at the same time for a long time. I thought when they got out and our mortgage was paid off that we'd be rolling in dough! It just doesn't work like that..now we are trying to play catch up with the IRA so we can retire someday. LOL

• Like 1

I remember those days and don't envy you! My hubby and I just got done with life with having kids in college. LOL That's not easy either, especially with 3 boys in 5 years, we had 2 in college at the same time for a long time. I thought when they got out and our mortgage was paid off that we'd be rolling in dough! It just doesn't work like that..now we are trying to play catch up with the IRA so we can retire someday. LOL

yea college sucks and stays with you forever, im sinking in loans and probably will for a long time. Got a good job though so cant be too upset.

• Like 1

yea college sucks and stays with you forever, im sinking in loans and probably will for a long time. Got a good job though so cant be too upset.

We paid a portion for our boys, (whatever tuition was for Penn State) but they could go where ever they chose but the difference was their responsibility. They all have college loans too.

• Like 1

Anyone with dendros or tube corals, how often do you have to feed them? Daily, weekly? Are they always extended or do they only extend at night?

ATO has been behaving. When I move the float it always responds promptly, I think the issue is just buildup of slime or algae or something. Going to have to clean it again just to be sure. Might also be a restriction of air now that I think about it, will have to check that out as well.

Alk consumptions increasing still. Cant get it steady but I guess its not a bad thing. I am switching from red sea's 2 part to brightwell's 2 part. I'm switching out the calcium part this weekend and probably the alk within the next two weeks.

Still waiting on that explosive growth though, still slow and steady.

Not doing a water change last week has shown in my system, or I can just be paranoid, but my corals don't look as happy.

How are you cleaning that damn float switch?

Also i spot feed my dendro couple of times a week. you know those dried krill things - i feed those. i had to get them from someone because the portions available for sale are too much to feed just one dendro and anemone.

How are you cleaning that damn float switch?

Also i spot feed my dendro couple of times a week. you know those dried krill things - i feed those. i had to get them from someone because the portions available for sale are too much to feed just one dendro and anemone.

Last time i cleaned it i just scrubbed it by hand, i need to do a vinegar bath.

I'm tempted to get some dendros, not sure. Cant really find any anywhere other than divers den.

On a good note.. I haven't seen any MEN on the red digi, lets hope i don't jinx myself because i would like to get some caps in here.

• Like 1

Still increasing my alk dosage. Despite how much ive increased it already it my levels haven't budged one bit. Thought it might be due to mag but it came in fine around 1320.

Still increasing my alk dosage. Despite how much ive increased it already it my levels haven't budged one bit. Thought it might be due to mag but it came in fine around 1320.

Same when I was increasing. I think once the corals are ready they soak up whatever you give them. I'm wondering if I could have stopped at 60ml instead of 75ml and saved some money. :) I also wonder if I go to 100ml will I still be stable and just have faster growth. My mag is still elevated above 1400.

Sorry to hear of the pinched mantle. :(

• Like 1

Same when I was increasing. I think once the corals are ready they soak up whatever you give them. I'm wondering if I could have stopped at 60ml instead of 75ml and saved some money. :) I also wonder if I go to 100ml will I still be stable and just have faster growth. My mag is still elevated above 1400.

Sorry to hear of the pinched mantle. :(

I dont know if its PM just yet, have to do research since this is my first clam.

Yea ALK consumption is really weird. I just stopped testing for a couple days to see if over these few days if my levels will drop, if they don't ill just leave it be, if they do ill have to keep upping the dosage. Regardless im still having trouble getting over 7 which is a real pain. Luckily im only dosing +/- 20 mL so im nowhere near 100, idk how you can deal with that high of a dose lol. A local i know doses 180mL which i think is absolutely insane.

• Like 1