Cultivated Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

I dont know if its PM just yet, have to do research since this is my first clam.

Yea ALK consumption is really weird. I just stopped testing for a couple days to see if over these few days if my levels will drop, if they don't ill just leave it be, if they do ill have to keep upping the dosage. Regardless im still having trouble getting over 7 which is a real pain. Luckily im only dosing +/- 20 mL so im nowhere near 100, idk how you can deal with that high of a dose lol. A local i know doses 180mL which i think is absolutely insane.

If I was still in college I couldn't deal with it! :D These SPS are expensive to feed, I suspect I will be up around 125 to 150 once the corals get larger and at that point I might switch over to the bulk ingredients, but I really like the TLF concentrated 2 part, just add RO/DI.

yea college sucks and stays with you forever, im sinking in loans and probably will for a long time. Got a good job though so cant be too upset.

Your speaking to the choir, man. I will be paying mine off for the rest of my life (if I'm lucky).

• Like 1

I've been waiting for this milli for weeks from my LFS. Absolutely amazing.

15865728353_9b3714fc1f_b.jpgDSCN0405 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

16484111521_2072c5dc85_b.jpgDSCN0400 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

Really only meant to buy the milli, but once i saw this piece i couldnt walk out without it....

16459865616_2d142feb3f_b.jpgDSCN0402 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

16484122401_1f5ac0a930_b.jpgDSCN0399 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

There were so many other pieces I wanted but i wasnt even supposed to buy these :rolleyes: . Just put them in, cant wait to get some PE on them. Ill take more pics.

• Like 6

I've been waiting for this milli for weeks from my LFS. Absolutely amazing.

15865728353_9b3714fc1f_b.jpgDSCN0405 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

16484111521_2072c5dc85_b.jpgDSCN0400 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

Really only meant to buy the milli, but once i saw this piece i couldnt walk out without it....

16459865616_2d142feb3f_b.jpgDSCN0402 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

16484122401_1f5ac0a930_b.jpgDSCN0399 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

There were so many other pieces I wanted but i wasnt even supposed to buy these :rolleyes: . Just put them in, cant wait to get some PE on them. Ill take more pics.

OMG Those are incredible! Wish my LFS had stuff like that!

• Like 1

OMG Those are incredible! Wish my LFS had stuff like that!

These were from a new wholeseller that my LFS was going to, hand picked them. Soooo nice.

Errmagerd! Wow. Nice pieces Arce!!

Also post a picture of the clam

Thanks, you should go check them out i think he has another colony of the milli and then frags of them if u want smaller pieces. Had some nice blue milli which i wanted to get.

Ill try to get a pic. The only reason im saying i think it has PM is because one part of its mantle looks to be stuck in its shell, not sure if its normal or its PM.

• Like 1

Only just found this tank now... And wow!! TOTM March?

Sorry if these have been answered but only just going through the 26 pages :) but:

What do you do for nutrient removal?

What are the dimensions?

And what's the lighting? thanks

• Like 1

Only just found this tank now... And wow!! TOTM March?

Sorry if these have been answered but only just going through the 26 pages :) but:

What do you do for nutrient removal?

What are the dimensions?

And what's the lighting? thanks

Idk about TOTM maybe one day :happy: , tank still has alot more growing to do.

No problem ask away..

Nutrient removals done by a SCA 301 skimmer, a fuge literally packed with Chaeto, Barebottom, and weekly water changes usually between 3-5 gallons.

Tank is a standard 29, 30" L 12" W 18" H

Lighting is a 4x39w T5 w/ LED coralvue fixture. (future plans to swap the leds for better ones)

• Like 1

Central Jersey, Woodbridge to be exact.

Cool im originally from Brooklyn NY so pass through there heading back to see the family. Your tank killing it maybe one day ill beef up my sps stock but i like having a mix reef and finding that balance might be a real pain.

OMG I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

my ATO problems.... all were being caused by a damned asterina star

Sitting in front of my tank, hear my ATO turn on... 30 seconds later im like " WTF why is it still going" so i jump up and shut it off. Inspect the float..... and a star is stuck in between the sensor sticking it on!!!!

Threw it back into the DT... have to rig a way to stop any of them from going to the sensor, my fuge is full of them.

Great looking new pieces- I am partial to Mille's and that one is sweet

I loveee millis, thats why when i saw this i made my LFS get another one for me.

Cool im originally from Brooklyn NY so pass through there heading back to see the family. Your tank killing it maybe one day ill beef up my sps stock but i like having a mix reef and finding that balance might be a real pain.

Oh cool. Yea mixed tanks are nice, but im too partial to SPS. The balancing act is pretty hard though.

Cool, you are very modest :), what bulbs are you running?

2 Blue + 1 Coral+ 1 Purple+ all ATI bulbs

That millepora looks just amazing. If I had that in my tank, I don't think I could stop staring at it.

I haven't left my tank yet lol... Thank god for laptops or i wouldnt be responding to the thread!

• Like 3

What a horrible night!!!!! :(

Figured id re-arrange my setup for the two new pieces. Had to break them off what they are mounted on because i hate plugs and those bulky bases. Was breaking off the one on the green acro and i dropped it!!!!! 90% of it broke off, luckily it broke in one large branch. Ended up just gluing the pieces back together, literally. Looks ok but its really beat up. You really can even see where it broke. Luckily breaking the milli off went alot better and i didn't damage it.

Then as im moving things around i go to inspect my red digi....... Full of MEN on the backside. Threw out the whole thing. What a waste. I thought i had gotten rid of them. Never trying any montis again. Sooooooo upset about that because i really wanted some :furious:.

No more ATO problems is a good thing. I'm sorry about the MEN though. I thought you had removed all montis for a while? So how did they survive? Do you have a wrasse?

Something could be irritating the clam or nipping at it, they will curl up the mantle in the affected area if that happens but you can't rule out PM. Post a pic.

No more ATO problems is a good thing. I'm sorry about the MEN though. I thought you had removed all montis for a while? So how did they survive? Do you have a wrasse?

Something could be irritating the clam or nipping at it, they will curl up the mantle in the affected area if that happens but you can't rule out PM. Post a pic.

I wrapped the mesh netting that i used for my screen around the float. Shouldnt affect the water level and should hopefully keep the stars out.

I did remove all the montis when it happened. But i bought some red digi a couple weeks ago to test it out. Somehow they survived.

Nothing is nipping at the clam, atleast nothing ive seen. Going to get a pic asap.