Top Shelf Aquatics

Arce's Tank

Arce

I was gonna let you know, I just got a flyer here yesterday about the next $1/gallon sale at Petco!

That's what I would do cause I'm cheap-ish...

I was gonna let you know, I just got a flyer here yesterday about the next $1/gallon sale at Petco!

That's what I would do cause I'm cheap-ish...

Im also pretty cheap, but with my upcoming graduation i figured id splurge and get myself a nicer tank. Also really dont want to drill a tank again would rather have the ease of just getting a pre drilled with overflow.

When are you going to frag all those sps and sell and sps pack?

Haha, as much as i want to, i got to let them grow in a bit more before i consider fragging. Maybe by the summer.

• Like 1

cool, i'll likely be home in the summer, maybe an exchange will be in order? ;)

Definitely, we should.

Thinking about the sump as well... might just go with a 20 long if I get a larger DT. If my fuge wasn't literally full of chaeto I would just use my 10g but I need more room for it to grow out. Or... do I just throw a reactor on with GFO :wacko: .

Im talking like its going to happen tomorrow but it probably wont be for another couple months. Might start collecting equipment soon though.

TheKleinReef

Definitely, we should.

Thinking about the sump as well... might just go with a 20 long if I get a larger DT. If my fuge wasn't literally full of chaeto I would just use my 10g but I need more room for it to grow out. Or... do I just throw a reactor on with GFO :wacko: .

Im talking like its going to happen tomorrow but it probably wont be for another couple months. Might start collecting equipment soon though.

How about a 40B display + 40B sump!

just in case the display is still too small and you wanna upgrade again. lol

• Like 2

How about a 40B display + 40B sump!

just in case the display is still too small and you wanna upgrade again. lol

:lol: . Well the next tank I get has to last me a year+ so I need to make the right decision the first time lolol. I just need more room for mah fugeeeee. a 20 long should be good, I was considering the 30 since it would add more volume.

Nice ill be looking into picking up a pack i hope this summer too.

Sweet, if I get around to making any frags ill let you know.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

The overflows on DBP tanks aren't great. Could never get mine to be quiet with the stock setup, eventually used the 3/4" hole as a full siphon drain and the 1" as a backup Durso and ran the return over the top.

• Like 1

The overflows on DBP tanks aren't great. Could never get mine to be quiet with the stock setup, eventually used the 3/4" hole as a full siphon drain and the 1" as a backup Durso and ran the return over the top.

That was my plan if I got a predrilled. Use the two holes as drains and go over the back with the return. Did it eventually quiet down? Thanks for the heads up.

Also the only thing killing me about the 57 deep blue (36x18x20) is the overflow in the center. Man that kills so much width it would be like im back in the tight quarters of my 29.

Arce I must know your secret to color! You must be using a highlighter on those SPS. Really awesome tank.

Man you caught me, that was my secret! :lol:

Lol, it comes with stability really. Right now everything looks crappy cause ive had alk issues that's why there hasn't been a recent FTS <_< .

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Also the only thing killing me about the 57 deep blue (36x18x20) is the overflow in the center. Man that kills so much width it would be like im back in the tight quarters of my 29.

I'm tellin' you. DSA NEO 65 pro. ;)

I'm tellin' you. DSA NEO 65 pro. ;)

Crate shipping's sooo expensive though. Could get like 3 tanks for the price of shipping lol.

Can deep blue standard tanks be drilled? the 36x18x18 is tempting with a glassholes overflow as much as I don't want to drill another tank, may be my only option.

TheKleinReef

Crate shipping's sooo expensive though. Could get like 3 tanks for the price of shipping lol.

Can deep blue standard tanks be drilled? the 36x18x18 is tempting with a glassholes overflow as much as I don't want to drill another tank, may be my only option.

My LFS got it for me in one of their show tank shipments. I only paid $75 for the shipping plus the tank. wasn't bad at all.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

That was my plan if I got a predrilled. Use the two holes as drains and go over the back with the return. Did it eventually quiet down? Thanks for the heads up.

With the full siphon set up, YES! :D
  • Like 1

My LFS got it for me in one of their show tank shipments. I only paid $75 for the shipping plus the tank. wasn't bad at all.

Ill have to see what my LFS can get from his supplier

CronicReefer

Man you caught me, that was my secret! :lol:

Lol, it comes with stability really. Right now everything looks crappy cause ive had alk issues that's why there hasn't been a recent FTS <_< .

I knew it, that's how I make my rock glow in the dark too haha! I definitely try to keep everything stable I was just wondering if you used any additives like amino acids or trace elements.

• Like 1

I knew it, that's how I make my rock glow in the dark too haha! I definitely try to keep everything stable I was just wondering if you used any additives like amino acids or trace elements.

I do have acropower on a daily dose, I think im up to 4 ml a day right now (really don't remember because I always change it depending on algae growth). I also throw in reef snow a couple times a week. Coral do need "food", just need to make sure you balance your nutrients as well. My fuge full of chaeto / skimmer/ water changes do it for me so I can feed a lot.

• Like 1
CronicReefer

I do have acropower on a daily dose, I think im up to 4 ml a day right now (really don't remember because I always change it depending on algae growth). I also throw in reef snow a couple times a week. Coral do need "food", just need to make sure you balance your nutrients as well. My fuge full of chaeto / skimmer/ water changes do it for me so I can feed a lot.

Sounds pretty similar to me I just use less since my corals are nothing huge yet. I use CoralAmino, Reef Snow, and Fuel (alternated daily) and I feed Reef Frenzy or Dr. G's Mysis everyday to my fish (they are too fat to swim now ;)).

• Like 1

Sounds pretty similar to me I just use less since my corals are nothing huge yet. I use CoralAmino, Reef Snow, and Fuel (alternated daily) and I feed Reef Frenzy or Dr. G's Mysis everyday to my fish (they are too fat to swim now ;)).

Sounds like you got a good routine down. Growth/color will come in time, im still waiting for the growth part <_< lol. Yea I feed my fish PE Mysis, from the sheets, so they are also pretty fat :lol: .

• Like 1
CronicReefer

Sounds like you got a good routine down. Growth/color will come in time, im still waiting for the growth part <_< lol. Yea I feed my fish PE Mysis, from the sheets, so they are also pretty fat :lol: .

The only SPS I see lots of growth from is my pocillipora and my red cap (I'd call it a pink cap now). The rest have good color but veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy slow growth I just keep thinking I'm missing some magic growth hormone lol

• Like 1

Think i decided on a return pump. Going to go with a mag 5 with a ball valve to reduce the flow to match what my overflow can handle. Considering throwing a reactor on but haven't decided.