Cultivated Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

Glad you posted the link so I could see the photos.

Looking at the photostream ... this is a recent FTS?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124253540@N05/16947633852/

or this one

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124253540@N05/16762980620/

Both look fantastic, and the corals look incredibly healthy in the bluer shot.

They were taken at the same time. The lighter one was just adjusted for warmth to make it look like i actually see it in life. The camera just makes the pics super blue like the other one.

They were taken at the same time. The lighter one was just adjusted for warmth to make it look like i actually see it in life. The camera just makes the pics super blue like the other one.

Cool, both look great, but the yellow one is too yellow. :)

• Like 1

Guess who freaking has AEFW!!!!!! God damnit!!!!!!! No idea how i got them. Literally about to just set my tank on fire and call it quits.

• Like 1

Guess who freaking has AEFW!!!!!! God damnit!!!!!!! No idea how i got them. Literally about to just set my tank on fire and call it quits.

Where, how have you verified?

Where, how have you verified?

While feeding the mandarin during pumps off. Saw some on a piece, inspected almost all the pieces and saw a couple more. Also saw circular bite marks.

They are very hard to see. I would suggest not panicking yet, look into Bayer and some gloves, and get ready. They may be isolated to a few pieces, or you might not have them at all.

They are very hard to see. I would suggest not panicking yet, look into Bayer and some gloves, and get ready. They may be isolated to a few pieces, or you might not have them at all.

I barely saw them, but saw some circular bites so i sat there and closely wAtched. The. I saw a tanish sma oval looking thing on a piece. Sat there for minutes and watched it. Saw it moving around on it the. Tried to pull the acro out but couldnt see it.

Yea, start reading up on Bayer. I use a tiny 2.5 gallon glass tank to dip, fill with tank water and then just enough Bayer that's it's a tad cloudy but I can still see the coral with a flashlight and reading glasses. Put the coral in the dip, baste it and see how many come off, then search for dead spots and eggs. WEAR GLOVES.

Be sure to rinse the acro 2 or 3 times before returning to the tank.

You'll want to know the extent of the problem before doing anything major.

Yea, start reading up on Bayer. I use a tiny 2.5 gallon glass tank to dip, fill with tank water and then just enough Bayer that's it's a tad cloudy but I can still see the coral with a flashlight and reading glasses. Put the coral in the dip, baste it and see how many come off, then search for dead spots and eggs. WEAR GLOVES.

Be sure to rinse the acro 2 or 3 times before returning to the tank.

You'll want to know the extent of the problem before doing anything major.

I always use bayer dip before i put them in the tank. So im confused as to how i even got them. Ive dipped everything

I always use bayer dip before i put them in the tank. So im confused as to how i even got them. Ive dipped everything

Eggs on a coral or frag plug. Dip, see what comes off.

Cut the one you saw the bastards on and dip that. Dip anything not encrusted. Start there.

I have to go buy more bayer i ran out last time i dipped

I was hoping this was an April fools joke but noticed you posted this yesterday. So Im hoping this is an early April fools joke!

• Like 1

I was hoping this was an April fools joke but noticed you posted this yesterday. So Im hoping this is an early April fools joke!

God i wish it was =[

TheKleinReef

No! Arce! I'm sorry man.

When a rock in my tank was encrusted with sps and had redbugs I took the whole rock and dipped it with everything still encrusted. It worked pretty well. But I had to use a 10g a heater, and lot of water and revive.

If you have something big enough you could try that.

You'll lose some life on the rocks, but it'll recover.

No! Arce! I'm sorry man.

When a rock in my tank was encrusted with sps and had redbugs I took the whole rock and dipped it with everything still encrusted. It worked pretty well. But I had to use a 10g a heater, and lot of water and revive.

If you have something big enough you could try that.

You'll lose some life on the rocks, but it'll recover.

Thats not a bad idea...

it just requires a bit of scape deconstruction and reconstruction.

My scape is a single structure. I used mortar.

Just going to take alot logistically to do it. Alot of water to rinse it and for the dip

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

My scape is a single structure. I used mortar.

Just going to take alot logistically to do it. Alot of water to rinse it and for the dip

Ohhh. yeah, that might make it a tad more difficult then. unless you can chip parts off and re-cement them afterwards.