inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

Idk what it is but i cant get a better FTS. I need a better camera :( .

Working on a FTS.....

16761290870_ed85cb52a5_h.jpgDSCN0608 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

16761057918_cc9c97e44b_h.jpgDSCN0603 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

16328674043_5b22e800bb_h.jpgDSCN0600 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

This will have to do for now, late for class..... <_<

16948012781_ac9088362a_h.jpgDSCN0619 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

Mandarins are by far my favorite fish. Finally got one that's taking frozen.

16949138731_1166f82f85_h.jpgDSCN0618 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

Trying my hand at a yellow finger gorgonian. My LFS got them in and i couldnt resist. This picture was taken when the blues were on. So far so good!

16948738335_0428917faf_h.jpgDSCN0585 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

Page Bump

• Like 1

Scarlet hermit acting like a acro crab. Literally never moves from this birdsnest colony. Catches food that gets stuck on the branches and just chills.

Lazy butt!

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love that blue-y green coral!!

• Like 1
CronicReefer

add zooplankton to your routine. Fuel and coral amino are the same thing and they are amino acids, not food. Reef snow has zooplankton but is a decaying form, you can get this simply by turkey basting your rocks. The resulting detritus is reef snow.

Adding proper sized zooplankton like rotifers, nutricell, reef roids, is food. Try it.

While frozen, liquid suspension and freeze dried foods can also be argued as decaying since they aren't fresh, they are still more whole than detritus, which is essentially in reef snow. A good usage of reef snow is if you were to throw in some phyto, let the phyto attach to the snow for a few minutes before you feed it.

I thought LRS reef frenzy had zooplankton and rotifers or is that not enough? I used to dose phytoplankton but I haven't seen a difference since stopping that about 6 weeks ago. I scrape the dust on my front glass about every 4 days and it seems like my clowns and corals enjoy that a lot. I can try mixing the phyto with reef snow and see how that helps.
  • Like 1

I've been so tempted to hit up petcos $/gallon sale but I'm holding myself back. I know i would be unhappy with a 40b. I definitely want a 36x18x18 50 gallon. I may go grab a 20 long just to hold for when i need a sump though.

Was watching my fish before lights out. I've been nervous that my fish would pick on my new mandarin since they are all already aggressive towards each other. Funny thing is they all seem to be afraid of it! Since the mandarin hovers on the rocks and just chills, it ended up in the royal grammas cave/territory, the gramma saw it coming over and darted away till the mandarin left its area! Then I saw my clown and chromis, who battle each other every day, team up and go after the gramma. They all eventually calm down once everyone gets back to their corners but damn was it hilarious to watch. :lol:

I thought LRS reef frenzy had zooplankton and rotifers or is that not enough? I used to dose phytoplankton but I haven't seen a difference since stopping that about 6 weeks ago. I scrape the dust on my front glass about every 4 days and it seems like my clowns and corals enjoy that a lot. I can try mixing the phyto with reef snow and see how that helps.

LRS foods are great, your routine only mentioned the 3 liquids.

• Like 1
CronicReefer

LRS foods are great, your routine only mentioned the 3 liquids.

Yeah I should have mentioned it but I've just always considered it a fish food not a coral food. Now my issue is is figuring out my new light values since I removed all the optics.

Yeah I should have mentioned it but I've just always considered it a fish food not a coral food. Now my issue is is figuring out my new light values since I removed all the optics.

It is a fish food, particles that escape will be available to corals but how much. Coral foods are usually target fed.

It is a fish food, particles that escape will be available to corals but how much. Coral foods are usually target fed.

Psh too lazy for target feeding, i just shut my return off and let them do their job.

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Its the only way to reef imo =D

I got two tanks, so I just transferred all my LPS and Zoas to my 28G. That tank has SPS LPS, zoas, and acans. :D

I got two tanks, so I just transferred all my LPS and Zoas to my 28G. That tank has SPS LPS, zoas, and acans. :D

If i ever upgrade, im probably going to add some lps. Its just something about a tank full of sticks that gets me lol.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

If i ever upgrade, im probably going to add some lps. Its just something about a tank full of sticks that gets me lol.

Or just get a second tank like me ;) .

• Like 1
CronicReefer

:rolleyes:

Bali slimer Oct 2012

IMG_2451.CR2.jpg

+food

Bali slimer March 2015. Frags.

20150331_100825.jpg

I saw those "frags" in your thread and was very impressed. I hope my slimer looks like that by next year.
  • Like 1