SaltCritters.com

Arce's Tank

Arce

I need a new return pump. The one i have is slowly dying and getting weaker. The overflow i have can only handle 300gph i believe but i want to buy a pump that if i upgraded, could suit a larger flow. So probably looking for somethjng in the 700gph area. Was thinking about maybe getting a jebao dc pump since it could be turned down, any other ideas?

Go with an eheim or mag. I had a DC pump for only a year and a half and it died on me. So I went back to the most reliable IMO

Go with an eheim or mag. I had a DC pump for only a year and a half and it died on me. So I went back to the most reliable IMO

Have you tried a sicce syncra?

Have you tried a sicce syncra?

No I actaully havent. Not to say its not a great pump or anything but since the return pump is so important to my build Im going to have to stick with pumps ive seen last for 10 years or more. No more trying out other manufacturers in that department for me...

• Like 1

Awww yea work unblocked NR. Only got 2 days left here before I head off to my new job soooo sitting here on NR for awhile is fine with me.

Still haven't posted anything from the vacation, im super lazy. I swear ill do it soon :rolleyes: . I got some cool pics from when I went snorkeling, crappy quality but its something.

In tank news...

Tenius still looking like crap. Not sure what the hells going on with it. My Hawkins was also STNing but its stopped and its actually growing tissue back already so I have high hopes for the Tenius. I would probably cry if it dies on me, such a nice piece, loved the color / tabling look. :(

Return pump search is still going on. Cant decide which to get, stuck between a mag or a syncra. Then I need to decide on GPH. I mayyyy tie in a reactor so I don't have to run carbon In a bag. Also trying to just plan a little larger in the event I upgrade.

While were on the subject of upgrading... I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 40b soon. I reallyyyyy want to do a completely new scape, but id hate to get rid of the rock I have which has grown so much life on it over the year, along with having to cut my fully encrusted SPS. So pretty much thinking about just a tank transfer and I may just add some dry rock to the current scape as I've done in the past. With all the extra room I may even add some LPS :wacko: .

So a 40b 36x18x16, thinking about a deep blue with a corner overflow. Really don't want to drill a tank again, would love to have a in tank overflow just for ease despite how much room I lose from it. Planning on a larger sump, maybe a 30 gallon 36x13x16, 75% of the sump will be my fuge area to let my cheato spread out, might even throw some leathers and other macros in for the hell of it. Then all my other equipment will just transfer over, only thing I need to get new is a return and eventually a larger skimmer once I find a good deal. I also have to build a new stand for it since there's no way in hell I'm paying the crazy prices stands go for now-a-days.

TLDR -- Vacation pics soon / Tenius still dying / Possible upgrade?

• Like 5
Sk8n Reefer

Awww yea work unblocked NR. Only got 2 days left here before I head off to my new job soooo sitting here on NR for awhile is fine with me.

Still haven't posted anything from the vacation, im super lazy. I swear ill do it soon :rolleyes: . I got some cool pics from when I went snorkeling, crappy quality but its something.

In tank news...

Tenius still looking like crap. Not sure what the hells going on with it. My Hawkins was also STNing but its stopped and its actually growing tissue back already so I have high hopes for the Tenius. I would probably cry if it dies on me, such a nice piece, loved the color / tabling look. :(

Return pump search is still going on. Cant decide which to get, stuck between a mag or a syncra. Then I need to decide on GPH. I mayyyy tie in a reactor so I don't have to run carbon In a bag. Also trying to just plan a little larger in the event I upgrade.

While were on the subject of upgrading... I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 40b soon. I reallyyyyy want to do a completely new scape, but id hate to get rid of the rock I have which has grown so much life on it over the year, along with having to cut my fully encrusted SPS. So pretty much thinking about just a tank transfer and I may just add some dry rock to the current scape as I've done in the past. With all the extra room I may even add some LPS :wacko: .

So a 40b 36x18x16, thinking about a deep blue with a corner overflow. Really don't want to drill a tank again, would love to have a in tank overflow just for ease despite how much room I lose from it. Planning on a larger sump, maybe a 30 gallon 36x13x16, 75% of the sump will be my fuge area to let my cheato spread out, might even throw some leathers and other macros in for the hell of it. Then all my other equipment will just transfer over, only thing I need to get new is a return and eventually a larger skimmer once I find a good deal. I also have to build a new stand for it since there's no way in hell I'm paying the crazy prices stands go for now-a-days.

Hope your sps improve for you. 40 breeder would be cool. Have you checked out SCAquariums - they have nice tanks and complete packages that seem reasonable...........lps- what's that ?
  • Like 1

Hope your sps improve for you. 40 breeder would be cool. Have you checked out SCAquariums - they have nice tanks and complete packages that seem reasonable...........lps- what's that

I've considered it, also considered going custom, but I think financially a standard might be best.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

I've considered it, also considered going custom, but I think financially a standard might be best.

Custom- nice! What lighting are you thinking about

Custom- nice! What lighting are you thinking about

Keeping my current setup since it 36". One day I may jump to a 6 bulb instead of 4. I had a lead on one but the guy was so flakey I bailed on it.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Cool- I saw the new redsea reefer series at a show recently- really sharp complete system- tanks look really nice. Sump was good size- only thing was it has a built in ATO but it's undersized- only last like 3 days- go through all that design and trouble then make an ATO that doesn't last atleast a week- I don't get it?? Ck em out though- not sure on pricing

• Like 1

Cool- I saw the new redsea reefer series at a show recently- really sharp complete system- tanks look really nice. Sump was good size- only thing was it has a built in ATO but it's undersized- only last like 3 days- go through all that design and trouble then make an ATO that doesn't last atleast a week- I don't get it?? Ck em out though- not sure on pricing

Ill check them out but i think im sticking to a standard and not going fancy.

• Like 1

Are you talking about the predrill Reef ready 50 from deep blue? If so, I would go with that even though it is more expensive than the petco deal.

I don't think they have a predrilled 50? 36x18x18. I know they have a 36x 18 x 20 but I don't want the exra 2" height, 18 is my max.

i thought i'd like a shallower tank too, but the 20" height on my DSA is awesome to have.

I say go with the 36x18x20. that's really similar to my tank! ;)

I actually dont like shallow tanks but at the same time i dont like tall either lol. 18inches has been my preferred range.
TheKleinReef

I actually dont like shallow tanks but at the same time i dont like tall either lol. 18inches has been my preferred range.

i see. I had a 12"deep frag tank, it was nice and all, but i could never go that shallow for a display. There's just not enough room for vertical rockscape or growth. I want my slimer to grow from the rocks in the bottom half of the tank to the surface ;) hahah

how's the STN problem? still causing issues?

i see. I had a 12"deep frag tank, it was nice and all, but i could never go that shallow for a display. There's just not enough room for vertical rockscape or growth. I want my slimer to grow from the rocks in the bottom half of the tank to the surface ;) hahah

how's the STN problem? still causing issues?

Lol. Tenius is still doing bad. No idea if it will pull through or not. I only have like 2 or 3 tips showing stn but no idea what will happen. Just hoping my alk has stabilized because thats the only thing that wil save it.

You want 20! Perfect size!

My LFS actually has the 36x18x20 as a display, ill look at it and see if i like it. Idk i have to think about it.
TheKleinReef

Lol. Tenius is still doing bad. No idea if it will pull through or not. I only have like 2 or 3 tips showing stn but no idea what will happen. Just hoping my alk has stabilized because thats the only thing that wil save it.

awe man. :( that sucks to hear.

any attempt for emergency frags above the STN line, in case it keeps going south?

awe man. :( that sucks to hear.

any attempt for emergency frags above the STN line, in case it keeps going south?

Well my hawkins was also stning but its come back so im going to wait till the last minute to do anything.

• Like 1