inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

Sorry to hear man but I definitely know how you feel. :( Hopefully you can come back once things settle down

Yea it sucks, i saw you took yours down as well. I plan to come back, when i dont know, probably once i get my own place and settle in, so maybe a year or so...

• Like 2

Threw out half my sps yesterday. Some of the favorites went in the garbage, including the katropora. Really hurt to see them go...

I only have left my montiporas and a few acros. The ones remaining are in good health, which is weird, this leads me to think i have bugs still or something that specifically targeted the other acros.

I dont want to give any of these sps away, dont want anyone to go through what i am if i still have bugs. But its so hard to just throw them out, its like im throwing out my child lololol.

I still want to take the system down, but last night i was considering doing a reboot of the 29 and keep whatever is alive. Idk if its worth it. :(

• Like 1

List out what you need to keep the 29 running. Then take it from there.

I mean i have everything i need. Its just whether or not i will be dedicated to keeping it going or just give up. I'm at such a low point with all the issues it just makes me want to walk away for awhile.

But i do have all the rock i bought for the "40 upgrade" that im not doing, so i could reboot the 29 if i wanted with new rock. I have had maybe 10lbs in my sump which i know are now bug free.

• Like 1

I still want to take the system down, but last night i was considering doing a reboot of the 29 and keep whatever is alive. Idk if its worth it. :(

Something dies in my tank on a weekly basis. I won't quit, so I'm doing a reboot.

List out what you need to keep the 29 running. Then take it from there.

What she said.

• Like 1

I mean i have everything i need. Its just whether or not i will be dedicated to keeping it going or just give up. I'm at such a low point with all the issues it just makes me want to walk away for awhile.

But i do have all the rock i bought for the "40 upgrade" that im not doing, so i could reboot the 29 if i wanted with new rock. I have had maybe 10lbs in my sump which i know are now bug free.

Okay, here's a question. If you were to keep it going, essentially to keep your remaining SPS alive so you don't have to throw it all away, could you just do a water change every week and feed the tank with your current schedule? Feeding can be automated, but the water change is probably where you have to decide if you can do it?

I say do the reboot bud. Use the fresh rock, and you can dip & quarantine the remaining corals while you cycle fresh. Since you already have the equipment and some corals the only thing you'll be spending is time if for some far fetched reason it doesn't workout. *whispers* Reboot...

• Like 1

Okay, here's a question. If you were to keep it going, essentially to keep your remaining SPS alive so you don't have to throw it all away, could you just do a water change every week and feed the tank with your current schedule? Feeding can be automated, but the water change is probably where you have to decide if you can do it?

The time isnt really the biggest issue to be honest. Really its the financials. The tank has been more of a burden on me financially and it feels like a money pit since everything's been crashing which is why i was all for taking it down till i got back on track. But i know if i took it down i couldn't bare to to throw everything alive out since its basically money going straight to the garbage.

• Like 2

The time isnt really the biggest issue to be honest. Really its the financials. The tank has been more of a burden on me financially and it feels like a money pit since everything's been crashing which is why i was all for taking it down till i got back on track. But i know if i took it down i couldn't bare to to throw everything alive out since its basically money going straight to the garbage.

Sorry I am too lazy to look, but you have fish?

All my LPS are dying, and SPS aren't thriving so I'm getting rid of those.

But I have 4 fishies that are doing really well, that I want to keep alive! If I reboot and it's too late for everything coral-wise, well hey, I just have a FOWLR tank for a bit.

Just something to consider...

I say do the reboot. Do weekly changes and squirt some food in there. If stuff dies, you won't feel bad about throwing it out - I think it will be more of an "oh well" at this point. But if it does well, it may just give you the boost you need.

That is understandable Arce. Without adding any more livestock or equipment, can the water changing and ATO top off be doable?

That is understandable Arce. Without adding any more livestock or equipment, can the water changing and ATO top off be doable?

Yea, it probably could be done. Question is, is it worth it.

For me to be satisfied i need to do a few things..

1. Fix my light so it no longer leaks current which is extremely dangerous.

2. Ensure the AEFW are gone or can be eradicated by removing the current DT rock and cutting/dipping.

3. Completely take the tank down, clean the surrounding area that got wet during the leak

4. Ensure maintenance costs aren't crazy to keep it going.

5. Make sure i have enough dedication to keep it going, which is hard from all the hits ive taken recently with this tank.

• Like 1

I would remove the corals and fish and set up a quarantine. Then you can dry out all the live rock and dip the corals and then you would know the bugs are gone. You have the equipment to qt. You had a great tank and I think you should try to keep at it. I think deep down you want to keep going as well. You wouldn't be posting here if you have lost your will to keep a reef tank. Your tank was beautiful and many, including myself, really admired your coral.

• Like 4