Top Shelf Aquatics

Arce's Tank

Arce

Plans changed, not happening till Sunday monday lol. Going to Washington DC for a weekend vacation with the GF so no time.

So getting engaged in DC? :D

• Like 1

Washington DC with the GF, worked alot on the tank last night but wont get an update till sunday. Can officially say though that i have a real tank again.

Went to the natural history smithsonian today, they had a reef tank with a big clam and some sps and lps, was decent but nothing amazing.

• Like 3

Washington DC with the GF, worked alot on the tank last night but wont get an update till sunday. Can officially say though that i have a real tank again.

Went to the natural history smithsonian today, they had a reef tank with a big clam and some sps and lps, was decent but nothing amazing.

tell them you will care for it $25 an hour lol.

Hope all works out, look forward to seeing another tank. :)

Thanks Mark,

I did set up another tank. Going simple for awhile.

Why why why

:rant:

I set up another tank.

• Like 2

omgomgomg

I like it already

Yea im happy with it. Think it should work out pretty well hopefully.

Spent a little more than i would like so far, but that's what happens in this hobby :rolleyes:<_<

The real deciding factor was that i got shocked again, pretty bad this time, from the lights i was using. Going to gut it and see if its worth fixing for the future.

• Like 4

Glad you are staying around Arce. Cant wait to see what you got in store for this "simple" tank. :)

Thanks, i don't think i could have left the hobby completely. Ill post the new tank details this week.

jedimasterben

The real deciding factor was that i got shocked again, pretty bad this time, from the lights i was using. Going to gut it and see if its worth fixing for the future.

I would just rewire the whole thing up. It's pretty simple to do.

• Like 2

I would just rewire the whole thing up. It's pretty simple to do.

Yea i may do that. Either way im not going to ever need it for a long time so its just going in storage for now. Don't want to get rid of it since its a good base for a diy build and such.

jedimasterben

Yea i may do that. Either way im not going to ever need it for a long time so its just going in storage for now. Don't want to get rid of it since its a good base for a diy build and such.

Doesn't it have 150 plugs on it so you can run each bulb on it by itself? You could still use that over the 20 just with fewer lamps.

• Like 1

Doesn't it have 150 plugs on it so you can run each bulb on it by itself? You could still use that over the 20 just with fewer lamps.

Lol yea each plug runs 2 bulbs. Nah i have DIY leds im running.

jedimasterben

Lol yea each plug runs 2 bulbs. Nah i have DIY leds im running.

Well then just slap those in the T5 housing and run two of the lamps along with the LEDs :)

Well then just slap those in the T5 housing and run two of the lamps along with the LEDs :)

Lmaoo yeaa thats overkill. Im not keeping anything that requires high lighting. Just going to fix up the DIY leds to get better color then good to go.

• Like 1