Cultivated Reef

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Thanks tron for answering all my question. Ill definitely drop your name when placing my order. Once my money clears I will be placing the order. Last question for now lol, approximately what was your wait time after placing order?

Thanks again and awesome mandy!

My Birthday is coming up, and I'm most likely gonna get gift cards(for LFS) for my birthday(cause they have no idea what to get me lol). I think you convinced me I need a mandrin

• Like 3

My Birthday is coming up, and I'm most likely gonna get gift cards(for LFS) for my birthday(cause they have no idea what to get me lol). I think you convinced me I need a mandrin

do i dare add of to my 60f omgomgomg

SouthFlorida_Tron

Very cool tron, not every day you see a mandarin that will eat prepared foods.

When my buddy told me they finally had some that were eating I didn't believe him... It ate the food at the store, but was still cautious if it would eat at home.... now I can sleep at night!

Thanks tron for answering all my question. Ill definitely drop your name when placing my order. Once my money clears I will be placing the order. Last question for now lol, approximately what was your wait time after placing order?

Thanks again and awesome mandy!

Actually, I received the first order, pre-release... so I guess you can say my case was special...

They have always been a favorite, but don't be fooled for those gimmick "pellet trained" ora Mandy's... trained my ass, I got one a year back, starved to death and got sucked into my mp10 within 2 weeks...

Only reason I got him was I actually saw him eat the same food I brought home that day, so it worked out for the best! That, and the wife approved LOL

do i dare add of to my 60f omgomgomg

I double dare you....

I-Dare-You.jpg

• Like 3

LMAO....

Thanks man, now to work on growth again... seems like corals love to go dormant LOL!

Was one of my first coral.... only 3 heads, now about 20!

Hate when that happens.... if you ever go screen top, check out using tulle... from a fabric shop... same material used on ballerina tutus!

Thanks love, its still a bit naked, hopefully everything fills out soon...

Yeah I gotta checkout that material :)

I think the Target Mandy are easier to train, i've had two now and had both eating frozen within 2-3 days. I tried a scooter dragonet once and didn't have much luck but I think it was too skinny when I got it and perhaps It just didn't have the will to go on.

digedgeReef20

I got my spotted to eat Mini Mysis.........I was soo happy, such a cool fish. There is also a frozen food called Nutramar Ova, I hear they love this stuff. The manufacture is currently out of stock should be available in late March.

• Like 1

Tron, just read through your entire thread. Really nice build with some really nice touches like your home made screen. Great photography skills. Killer Frogspawn. Cool Mandarin. Will be ordering a red mandarin with several Monti SPS tomorrow. May even do a male female pair of red mandarin.

SouthFlorida_Tron

You've inspired me, order placed yesterday! :)

Congrats, you will love this tank. Can't wait to see what you fill it with!

Tron, just read through your entire thread. Really nice build with some really nice touches like your home made screen. Great photography skills. Killer Frogspawn. Cool Mandarin. Will be ordering a red mandarin with several Monti SPS tomorrow. May even do a male female pair of red mandarin.

Thanks Humph, Careful with the Mandy's! I tend to avoid only orders, unless you meant you are ordering via a LFS... I prefer to make sure they are eaters at the store tanks before bagging them and taking home...

Quick story, one time my LFS had mentioned they have ORA "pellet trained" Mandarin's since ORA is only 30 minutes from us... I ordered one, came bagged directly from ORA, took him home, never ate anything, tried 5 different foods, 2 weeks, he starved, died, floated into the mp10....

LOL -- Lesson learned. :closedeyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1
Congrats, you will love this tank. Can't wait to see what you fill it with!

Thanks Humph, Careful with the Mandy's! I tend to avoid only orders, unless you meant you are ordering via a LFS... I prefer to make sure they are eaters at the store tanks before bagging them and taking home...

Quick story, one time my LFS had mentioned they have ORA "pellet trained" Mandarin's since ORA is only 30 minutes from us... I ordered one, came bagged directly from ORA, took him home, never ate anything, tried 5 different foods, 2 weeks, he starved, died, floated into the mp10....

LOL -- Lesson learned. :closedeyes::rolleyes:

Yikes, thanks for the advice! Unfortunately there aren't any really good LFS by me (IMO). Was going to order from live aquaria. Now I'm at a quandary.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Yikes, thanks for the advice! Unfortunately there aren't any really good LFS by me (IMO). Was going to order from live aquaria. Now I'm at a quandary.

Eh... thats a tough one. LiveAquaria has great stuff, and they're service is great. I don't know how trust worthy it is to maybe call, and ask if they're eating anything other than pods in the tanks....

It may be best to be patient... thats a tough call there....I waited like 5 months before finally getting one... I told my LFS, if they eat, they come home with me... took a while to get the right one who ate, but i kept my word!

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

So much life yet so much negative space... Truly a master piece and some great inspiration

:) thanks Cam, still want to do some tweaking to the middle of the scape but thanks for the nice words!