SaltCritters.com

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

So, funny story... I thought my Halloween hermit didn't make it.. Last Thursday I found the entire body expelled from the shell... Thought maybe stress caused it. Last night saw that bitch crawling around! Must've been a molt!

• Like 2

So, funny story... I thought my Halloween hermit didn't make it.. Last Thursday I found the entire body expelled from the shell... Thought maybe stress caused it. Last night saw that bitch crawling around! Must've been a molt!

lol at crabs leaving their old bodies around freakin their owners out.

I hear this weekly someone starts thread "is hermit/shrimp dead"

Get a bunch of post saying its probably Mia or a moot the a few days later "good news its alive"

SouthFlorida_Tron
SouthFlorida_Tron

this tank needs more sps imo

Hehe, there's actually a ton of unseen coral that needs to grow on. Including Pink Milli, Red Planet, and several Zoas.

• Like 4
SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks good, but I would replace that middle colony with something better looking.

It had some issues during a transition with no lighting... Long story...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hehe, there's actually a ton of unseen coral that needs to grow on. Including Pink Milli, Red Planet, and several Zoas.

3ac67e34497632c44e9ecccb8a8912b9b551a9cd

LMAO....

Looks awesome tron

Thanks man, now to work on growth again... seems like corals love to go dormant LOL!

Love that FTS

Great frogspawn... Would love one of those!

Was one of my first coral.... only 3 heads, now about 20!

Cute little mandy, I lost my fat little guy last week, he decided to carpet surf in the night :(

Hate when that happens.... if you ever go screen top, check out using tulle... from a fabric shop... same material used on ballerina tutus!

You definitely have cleanliness down, Tron. Love the FTS :)

Thanks love, its still a bit naked, hopefully everything fills out soon...

I see quite a few peoples colonies near the bottom that are just skeleton,is that just from that portion of the coral not getting enough light ? I see it a lot with poci's and birdsnest alike.

The tank looks awesome though regardless,once everything finds it's place and grows in,it'll look too notch as usual !!

SouthFlorida_Tron

I see quite a few peoples colonies near the bottom that are just skeleton,is that just from that portion of the coral not getting enough light ? I see it a lot with poci's and birdsnest alike.

The tank looks awesome though regardless,once everything finds it's place and grows in,it'll look too notch as usual !!

Hey man, actually this Stylo was full of beauty before the transition. It lost most of its tissue during a period without lighting. It's unfortunate...

You have inspired me to buy another tank. Your tank is looking awesome. Ì have been looking at your thread daily inspiring myself to say f it and hit the checkout button on the same tank. I need to wait a few more weeks.

Few questions if you don't mind me asking.

Media basket,do they make one for Chamber 1?

Stock Return pump, is it strong enough for your liking?

Do you think 2 mp10'$ is to much?

Do you think a nanobox duo Would be enough to cover the whole tank?

Tank top, does the tank come with a glass top? I seen that you are running a mesh screen style top.

And finally, I see that you are dosing zeo products, are you running a zeo reactor w/ stones? I dont believe I read that you were, and a sump- you are not running a sump correct?

sorry for the troll of questions, I really like your build and your tank choice. You get a lot of positive replys and followers. I would like to create a spectacular display tank similar to yours, get an idea of likes and dislikes about the tank itself and learn from you and others whenever possible.

Awesome tank and build again!

SouthFlorida_Tron

You have inspired me to buy another tank. Your tank is looking awesome. Ì have been looking at your thread daily inspiring myself to say f it and hit the checkout button on the same tank. I need to wait a few more weeks.

Few questions if you don't mind me asking.

Media basket,do they make one for Chamber 1?

Stock Return pump, is it strong enough for your liking?

Do you think 2 mp10'$ is to much?

Do you think a nanobox duo Would be enough to cover the whole tank?

Tank top, does the tank come with a glass top? I seen that you are running a mesh screen style top.

And finally, I see that you are dosing zeo products, are you running a zeo reactor w/ stones? I dont believe I read that you were, and a sump- you are not running a sump correct?

sorry for the troll of questions, I really like your build and your tank choice. You get a lot of positive replys and followers. I would like to create a spectacular display tank similar to yours, get an idea of likes and dislikes about the tank itself and learn from you and others whenever possible.

Awesome tank and build again!

Hi Dramad,

Happy to here you've enjoyed what you've seen here! Without question its a spacious, stunning tank... pure sexyness... at the moment there are no baskets, but once the popularity of this new design take off, I am confident steve at in tank will release a custom basket as he did for the previous 22g build... right now I use the sponges included in the tank that fit the chamber perfect and top it with floss... seems to do the trick so far...

The return is actually a perfect size and does move water, about 400-500 gph, any more and sand would be everywhere, which is another reason i was going to add a second mp10 but i feel one is plenty...i really don't have any dead spots.... but that may be due to my very open scape design...

im not too familiar with Dave's duo design, but check with him on the coverage over a 30x13 area....

The tank CAD sent me did include a glass top with nice acrylic clip hangers so the top is recessed inside the glass, but i wasn't fond of using glass top as it doesn't allow for proper gas exchange and can get full of salt buildup and whatnot... i use a BRS screen top with custom tulle netting... allows the tank to breath, while keeping fish in, and not blocking light...

No sump, no stones! just the cad skimmer, kz carbon, a basket with chaeto for lots of critters, then the return! keeping it simple!

Feel confident on the purchase, hit them up and tell them I sent you their way on the tank and see if they can give you options and packages with extras...

Good luck! and let me know if i can answer other questions!

SouthFlorida_Tron

So proud of my Fatty..... not being picky at all as my buddy, Miles, at Elite Marine Life was right, he is eating... I always told the owners, find a Mandy that eats, Ill take him home...!

• Like 10