Coral Vue Hydros

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Because they figured out everyone learned ORA was ripping people off...

Ya, that's what I thought right away. From what the LFS owner said, ORA claims that their was no demand for them LOL. Give me a break.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I just went back and browsed your biocube thread, very nice tank you had there and the pico.

Ahhh memories... Those tanks were a great learning experience.

Ya, that's what I thought right away. From what the LFS owner said, ORA claims that their was no demand for them LOL. Give me a break.

Pretty much... Lesson learned!

Live Aquaria can't keep them in stock. I just ordered a male/female pair from saltwaterfish.com. I couldn't pass up their free fedex overnight for $100 orders. My tank is loaded with pods and I ordered a bunch more of Tisbe's. Hopefully the little guys will have plenty of live food to munch on. I have tons of frozen mysis too so maybe, just maybe, I can get them to eat some of that too. Fingers crossed.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Tron, what model of Galaxy camera is that? I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 that won't shot through my glass. Thought i might have to go to a DSLR. My LG G2 gets better tank shots. Your Galaxy shots look great.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Tron, what model of Galaxy camera is that? I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 that won't shot through my glass. Thought i might have to go to a DSLR. My LG G2 gets better tank shots. Your Galaxy shots look great.

Galaxy S4... i always took shots with just AWB, and normal metering... toyed with all the settings and the clearest, sharpest photos came out with Fluorescent white balance and spot metering... the photo looks a touch blue, but came out the best...

• Like 3

For those pictures being taken with a phone,they look awesome. A iPhone wouldn't be able to capture something even remotely close to as clear as those. Kudos !!!

SouthFlorida_Tron

For those pictures being taken with a phone,they look awesome. A iPhone wouldn't be able to capture something even remotely close to as clear as those. Kudos !!!

Ya, I prefer the camera on the Galaxy way more than the iPhone... but the iPhone beats it in low light, such as in restaurants and such... well, to an extent lol

TRON your sunpower is dimmable version? and how you like the light, if Iam not mistaken you were a radion user. Why made the switch?

Hey Kay Kay.... I wanted to give T5's a try from the buzz over the years on how great they work for bringing out colors in SPS... and that was answered right away...

What I like about the dimmable is that I see that transition of power and colors just you would in LEDs, and for the most part, the tank "appears" the same, with just much stronger spread obviously, and more "rounded, softer" light which hits around branches and whatnot, so Im seeing fuller polyp extension and color where previously I didn't. noticeable on the stylophora the most since it is so thick...

Overall, super happy with the switch!

I see, many people have switch back to T5 and seem like most of them happy with that. Thanks for the response TRON, what is your tank dimension. 4 bulb covered nicely from side to side ?

SouthFlorida_Tron

I see, many people have switch back to T5 and seem like most of them happy with that. Thanks for the response TRON, what is your tank dimension. 4 bulb covered nicely from side to side ?

The new Cad is 30" x 12" (display) and 16" high... much more spacious than the Pico, which was 25x10x14.

The light covers the tank and then some... It does great. The spread is much better than LED's obviously as the light source are two totally different types, one is more penetration, spot lighting, the T5 is soft, round, and full... and also why the colors blend so nicely...

One of the biggest complaints of LED are that whats it called... "Disco" effect? Ya, none of that with T5.... But then again, Im sure once you go past that 20" deep mark, then the penetration looks a lot better as far is PAR is concerned on the behalf of LED's.... probably the stronger suit on the two sides, but for nano's and shallows? I don't think I could not go T5 again, SPS aside that is....

If I had the 6 bulb unit, it may be a bit too much light spill for my liking, next build maybe!

SouthFlorida_Tron

That frogspawn and nuclear green colony are amaziing

Hehe, thanks, they are pretty gnarly... hopefully by summer some of the other softies will colonize nicely...

You know a controller is calling your name! Just imagine your at work bored and can randomly check on your tank without calling home... lol, finally setup fusion and i must say... Damn its freakin awesome being able to easily just check my cell phone and see everything is good at home. the fusion vortech control is just plain awesome! Still have to sync my radion to it but i'll do that thursday.

SouthFlorida_Tron

You know a controller is calling your name! Just imagine your at work bored and can randomly check on your tank without calling home... lol, finally setup fusion and i must say... Damn its freakin awesome being able to easily just check my cell phone and see everything is good at home. the fusion vortech control is just plain awesome! Still have to sync my radion to it but i'll do that thursday.

As "fun" as that would be, its truly not a priority for me... ya, maybe Im saying that now but really I don't see myself getting one soon.... Maybe miles down the pipeline... In other news, this cost me $500 dollars deductible to Geico...

Cracked sub frame and oil pan, along with a transmission issue!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, the city was repaving streets in Miami outside my hotel, left late after midnight from work the Saturdays ago, and a manhole was a bit more elevated than usual, not to mention it was uneven so it had extra concrete around it so it was like a huge mound.

I can't even go after the city since my car is slammed.