SaltCritters.com

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Nanofreak79
Their still there... no one has eaten them yet, shall i scrape them into the water column?

Just an idea....if you can't stand the look get rid of them. My nassarius constantly lay eggs, and I've actually got many tiny 1/8" snails now. I've also had the trochus snails spawn and some of there babies make it too. It's kinda cool to see it happen , then actually get babies.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Man those hornets are awesome !!!

Tron,do you get your Zoa's at LFS's or do you order offline ?

Hey Kid, these particular came from a guy i know here in South Florida, but he doesn't ship :(

He is huge on Reef2Reef, JoshPorkSandwich, he's got like a 200gallon tank full, corner to corner of zoas and pallys...

Just an idea....if you can't stand the look get rid of them. My nassarius constantly lay eggs, and I've actually got many tiny 1/8" snails now. I've also had the trochus snails spawn and some of there babies make it too. It's kinda cool to see it happen , then actually get babies.

Ive seen eggs in the tank before, but they never make it a day, this time they lasted, so wasn't sure what to do with em, i just brushed em off with a brush and let them hit the water column...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Look good! BTW have you been spying on my secret stocking list? I'll have to change it around a bit so I don't look like a copy of yours!

Then it should look quite good then!

Placed the order for the tank today! Thanks again Tron for answering my questions! Very excited to get this started.

My pleasure, hope it makes it in one piece! Should be exciting!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ooooooooo so awesome... I need to find a job so I buy a tank already ughhhhhh

Hit up CAD, see if they have any "need to go" scratch and dent 8 or 16g tanks, just to get you something :)

BRADYBUNCH7

Love your hornets omg! where do you recommend buying corals online!?

who is cad?

Hit up CAD, see if they have any "need to go" scratch and dent 8 or 16g tanks, just to get you something :)

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Love your hornets omg! where do you recommend buying corals online!?

who is cad?

CAD Lights Aquariums, they have a forum under sponsors... They make some sexy tanks!

I have bought fish online, but not coral... Pacific East Aquaculture seems to be popular, as well as Reef Gardener and several others...I got my hornets local from a seller who deals local only :(

BRADYBUNCH7

its a beaut

I like that little vid Tron. That blenny is all like "this is awesome! I love swimming!"

hey ark where do you buy your corals offline

• Like 1

hey ark where do you buy your corals offline

I get them from locals in SB, Ventura, and LA. I also get some from Fins n Critters in Orcutt/Santa Maria.

• Like 1

Love that GIF! well done! Loving those hornets too, I always wondered about keeping them in zeo tanks, are you running zeolite?

• Like 1
BRADYBUNCH7

I heard using sponge power give the zoas the nutrients they need to thrive

Love that GIF! well done! Loving those hornets too, I always wondered about keeping them in zeo tanks, are you running zeolite?

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

No stones. Haven't had issues with them regarding nutrients, more about acclimating them to the lower Alk abs Ca levels demanded in a zeo system...

I heard using sponge power give the zoas the nutrients they need to thrive

Sponge Power is more for helping filter feeders such as tunicates to assist in water polishing...
  • Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

I must of heard wrong lol! :scarry:

So what do you use to keep your zoas in a zeovit system cuz i heard they don't do well

:) Most zeo systems are ultra low nutrient...my system is low nutrient but not ultra low, and i feed heavily, so they do ok...

I'm very very interested in this tank now! I'm stuck between this and the IM Nuvo 24. Do you think a single Kessil A360WE be good enough for the tank?

• Like 1