Cultivated Reef

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey guys, I'm at work all day today so haven't seen the tank but I'll see if my wife sees them swimming later tonight when she gets home. But I will be home tomorrow.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Lol camo! They at least eating?

The midas is a damn fatty. Eating up everything, still shy though. The wrasse is still in the rocks, and the yasha is sticking his tail out lol...

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

So... Maybe this wasn't meant to be, Yasha didn't survive the acclimation, or panicked himself to death... Already got my liveaquaria credit.

Now, do I really order one, keep the refund, or try another suggestion to go with my clown, wrasse, and midas?

So... Maybe this wasn't meant to be, Yasha didn't survive the acclimation, or panicked himself to death... Already got my liveaquaria credit.

Now, do I really order one, keep the refund, or try another suggestion to go with my clown, wrasse, and midas?

That sucks. If I could do it over I would not have bought my Yasha. I never see it unless I am feeding. Maybe try a Amblyeleotris sp. goby or a jawfish? I'm sure whatever you get will be great.

• Like 1

I've tried BSJ a couple of times. I'm staying away from them now for the nano. Hard to get it acclimated to aquarium life. The only one I have is in the 400 gallon and it came from a reefer that had it 2+ years.

This place has a pair of yashas with the shrimp though... Comes with 14 day guarantee as well I believe.

1415165_285267241597903_1049721834_o.jpg

• Like 1
Mmmmm Blue Spot Jawfish... Maybe???

:ninja:

Thoughts on how it will get along with the Fairy wrasse and midas?

Don't do the bsj I went threw 2 of them, they need cooler water, like 72. They make it to the 3month Mark and stop eating and give up on life and I'm not the only one that has happend to. Now the yellow head jawfish I find to be awesome and hardy and are use to warmer waters like the ones I got from kpa. the blue hew to there body when they come out in the light is awesome, now watching them in a pair is twice as much fun.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

My concern with him is however that he is swimming around, active, and apparently happy.... he does not seem interested in the pellets... where the midas is eating as much as he can....

Think its time to go to the LFS and find some meaty mysis or something?

Check that, he just devoured a ton of food from this frozen cube mix i just found in my freezer!

• Like 1