Coral Vue Hydros

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

I can't decide on this tank or their 18 gallon tank. I really like the dimensions of the 34 but it might not work Well in my room i also have carpet so that could cause levelling problems of the heavier tank, any ideas... Me and my dad will be building the stand

EDIT okay so I decided like 30 seconds later after looking at the top pic i want the 34. However i have some concerns that I will lose sleep over and get indecisive about.

1. My room is on the second floor of my house in the back corner of the house, will weight be an issue? The house is 7 years old and pretty modern i guess

2. I have carpet in my room, so aside from the fact I'm probably going to ruin my carpet and have my parents yell at me lol, how can I keep the tank level? Shims? Padding? Tiles?

I can't decide on this tank or their 18 gallon tank. I really like the dimensions of the 34 but it might not work Well in my room i also have carpet so that could cause levelling problems of the heavier tank, any ideas... Me and my dad will be building the stand

EDIT okay so I decided like 30 seconds later after looking at the top pic i want the 34. However i have some concerns that I will lose sleep over and get indecisive about.

1. My room is on the second floor of my house in the back corner of the house, will weight be an issue? The house is 7 years old and pretty modern i guess

2. I have carpet in my room, so aside from the fact I'm probably going to ruin my carpet and have my parents yell at me lol, how can I keep the tank level? Shims? Padding? Tiles?

Trust me, do the 100 gallon now and save yourself all the trouble of transferring livestock over and over again :)

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Where's the goby?

Having Tile Surfing Dreams, permanently... A new one will be on the way soon, and now I have a super cool tule mesh top so nothing will escape!

Hey tron, since you have this tank, do you think a flame angel would be to much for this tank.?

Not an angel guy so have no clue what they're requirements are!

My first ever aquarium was a standard 29g with stand sump etc... I had it setup for a few years on carpet, 2nd floor bedroom!

where did you purchase these mounting arms if you don't mind me asking. I am looking for some white ones, and like the style of these ones.

Thank you

Hi, these particular ones were designed between myself and Chris from PicoAquariums. If he won't be able to send you a pair, you could get basic L brackets from Lowes or Home Depot... here are some ideas.

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

RIP goby :(

It's ok since the move allowed me to remove the larger, aggressive clown, and splurge on another goby, midas, & Lubbocks wrasse

• Like 2

It's ok since the move allowed me to remove the larger, aggressive clown, and splurge on another goby, midas, & Lubbocks wrasse

Sounds like a good plan!

• Like 1

Well, you can all thank UPS for living up to their holiday ignorance... for some odd reason, my package of Sand, which usually comes from Cali, to Jacksonville, then to Ft. Lauderdale, went from Jax, to Daytona, for an entire day, then continued to south Florida.... wtfever, will not come until Monday, so the tank will have to just sit, and wait, ready and thirsty!

Already fighting off some kind of pest that smudges the Starphire! :o

11483248403_e0b02ec063_c.jpg
Cad by J.L Photography, on Flickr
Sleek :ninja:

11483118275_4f914f847e_c.jpg
Cad by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Awesome build so far! Any tips on getting rid of the glass smudge pest please help... 18 Years is too long to wait

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Awesome build so far! Any tips on getting rid of the glass smudge pest please help... 18 Years is too long to wait

Hahahaha, it took a while but a few clowns and an understanding that its for show only, and the occasional help to feed the fish is always fun!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Love my new Cobalt Neo-Therm, plugged it in, and no settings needed, no tinkering.... brought my water from 74* to a perfect 78.5* :)

207705-cobalt-neo-therm-submersible-heat

• Like 4
SouthFlorida_Tron

Nice! I plan on using the 200w for the new tank.

Its the most accurate heater I've ever used.

Nice! I plan on using the 200w for the new tank.

from raywhisperer on my heater review thread:

They are great heaters. However, not as much "umph" as an equivalent Ebo. I used to have a 100 watt Ebo on my tank, it kept the temp rock steady. It was old and eventually died. Replaced with 100 watt Neotherm, temps were dropping as much as 10 degrees at night. Even the 200 watt Neotherm I swapped it out with allows the temps to drop 2 to 3 degrees at night. I'd go back to Ebo's but I have too much equipment stuffed in the rear chambers now.