Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

Haha the shelf next to it has the look going too. Copper colored tube shelf - the picture was before the addition of the 13up board but you get the idea.

13610764583_8e699abacc_b.jpg
IMG_4608 by Justind823, on Flickr

Really digging the stand, light mount, and light!!! Very nice!!!

• Like 2

I don't think I posted these, when I first got my fixtures. Be jealous of the shot glass light mounts, itll catch on.

2 quads black with cyan accents.

post-47692-0-36224400-1408130585_thumb.jpg

post-47692-0-48234700-1408130586_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think I posted these, when I first got my fixtures. Be jealous of the shot glass light mounts, itll catch on.

2 quads black with cyan accents.

what size tank? looks sweet. must have costed a pretty penny to get 2 quads...

• Like 1

its a 70 Gallon Marineland cube. 30 x 30 x 18

Anyway I was going to have to go with two fixtures for an LED set up. Dave mentioned a T5 LED mix, but I figured go big or go home and went for two quads with a storm X controller.

Next up is an MP10 to go with the 1100 GPH power heads, and eventually a maxspect riptide and hopefully retire a power head or two. Oh and a hang on refugium as well (yup it isn't drilled!)

• Like 1

its a 70 Gallon Marineland cube. 30 x 30 x 18

Anyway I was going to have to go with two fixtures for an LED set up. Dave mentioned a T5 LED mix, but I figured go big or go home and went for two quads with a storm X controller.

Next up is an MP10 to go with the 1100 GPH power heads, and eventually a maxspect riptide and hopefully retire a power head or two. Oh and a hang on refugium as well (yup it isn't drilled!)

Seriously check out the Tunze 6040's when they are out.

-Dave

• Like 1

Nanobox owners:

Is it worth getting the moon channel? What benefits does it pose?

You get a moonlight. Its worth it if you want a moonlight. If you don't think you'll be using out a lot i wouldn't bother. Otherwise its a good idea because it will be a nice clean installation.

You get a moonlight. Its worth it if you want a moonlight. If you don't think you'll be using out a lot i wouldn't bother. Otherwise its a good idea because it will be a nice clean installation.

True but can it do a moon cycle etc? If so, what's the purpose of that?

Hot damn. What settings are you running those lights at?

Xiaoxiy, at the moment my lights are running with the following:

Channel 1: 90

Channel 2: 115

The picture is more purple than the actual tank... it's my first time photographing aquariums and I'm still messing around with the settings and learning how to shoot the tank. Actually, I'm still messing around with my tank lighting settings too... trying to find something I like.

Completely new to saltwater, so hopefully this first time out goes well enough.

• Like 1

I feel like an idiot for even asking this one....

Guys with the hanging kits, how did you cut the wire to hang it? I tried and ummm ended up with frayed wires. Is there a trick to it?

I feel like an idiot for even asking this one....

Guys with the hanging kits, how did you cut the wire to hang it? I tried and ummm ended up with frayed wires. Is there a trick to it?

Cut with a sharp pair o snips. If frayed cut again and then you can also use wax to just barely coat the tips.

-Dave

• Like 1

I'd say probably a Mono or a Duo but I could be wrong lol.

I had a mono on my 10g, then put the mono in a custom canopy with a single T5 and still had good growth on softies & LPS. Only now when I have a 40g did I have to think about upgrading.

Got it, don't use a dremel next time or dull wire cutters this time.

Off to home depot after work for snips. Hopefully they will finally be hung tonight!

Any update/shipping info on me clear case Dave?