Cultivated Reef

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

Is it possible using the fan control to have the fan spin at various speeds as needed depending on the need to remove heat?

When are nanobox desk lamps, chandeliers, and floor lamps coming out?

Yeah, I could use a clip on Flare for some houseplants.

I want a 4 by 2 light to hang back in the woods in a small green house. There won't be anything in there I just want to see how many cops come by to ask about the grow op.

• Like 1

Is it possible using the fan control to have the fan spin at various speeds as needed depending on the need to remove heat?

Yeah, I could use a clip on Flare for some houseplants.

I believe it's an upgrade option, at least that's what it sounds like in Dave's reply over here. Dave would you be able to take a picture of the driver box for us? Is it possible/relatively easy to connect the fan up to the Storm controller?

So so. The biggest issue is people pulling out the heatsink/module. I have had numerous people try to hack the units only to rip LEDs off, damage stuff. The units specs are VERY tight. I could however put something together for someone.

I believe it's an upgrade option, at least that's what it sounds like in Dave's reply over here. Dave would you be able to take a picture of the driver box for us? Is it possible/relatively easy to connect the fan up to the Storm controller?

So so. The biggest issue is people pulling out the heatsink/module. I have had numerous people try to hack the units only to rip LEDs off, damage stuff. The units specs are VERY tight. I could however put something together for someone.

Lol well that saved me some time. I'll just put it on a timer. The only time this would be of any benefit is during the ramping period where the fan isn't needed at it's full capacity. It'll be running at full speed 99% of the time anyway.

Who would do such a thing

Now officially a Nano Box Retro owner. It arrived in the post today, with the new moonlight upgrade module Dave announced earlier in the week...sweeeeeeeeet. Just have to wait for Dave to send me instructions of how to put it together now lol!

• Like 2

Just got mine set up and I am one happy camper! Love this light, very high quality build and Dave is the man!!! Hence why I utilized the chalkboard behind my tank to express just that :P

nanobox1_zps11905c73.jpg

nanobox_zps33c901a4.jpg

• Like 5
SouthFlorida_Tron

Just got mine set up and I am one happy camper! Love this light, very high quality build and Dave is the man!!! Hence why I utilized the chalkboard behind my tank to express just that :P

nanobox1_zps11905c73.jpg

nanobox_zps33c901a4.jpg

This is really cool lol

• Like 1

Ok, been playing around with the D40 and finally took some photos. They aren't super sharp because I don't have my tripod yet. But here are a couple that will give you an idea. Any advice on the photography is appreciated.

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/rolyat150/media/AFTS41314.jpg.html'>AFTS41314.jpg

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/rolyat150/media/Tank41314.jpg.html'>Tank41314.jpg

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/rolyat150/media/Goby.jpg.html'>Goby.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone have a retro for a 29G Coralife BioCube? I'm getting ready to wire mine up and just want to see what everything should look like when I'm done.

Thanks!

Now officially a Nano Box Retro owner. It arrived in the post today, with the new moonlight upgrade module Dave announced earlier in the week...sweeeeeeeeet. Just have to wait for Dave to send me instructions of how to put it together now lol!

Have you gotten it installed yet? Pics?