SaltCritters.com

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

Kellie in CA
2 hours ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

Is this what a custom location looks like?

29667313-CBB5-49AD-9F08-F24611BC53FA.thumb.png.88109b638ae43ff0d2301d3e7f1351a0.png

I believe that is no location.  I have the same thing.  I can't get it to allow me to choose any location at all. 

• Sad 1
Reefkid88

This is why Storms are better. I had the SAME problems with my BF. Connectivity,dropping wifi signal,not picking my Geo spot. Really just all in all not happy with it. Hence why I replaced it with a storm. 

Once again another reason too much control causes problems with our reefs !!! 

#boycottbluefish #stormsonly lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/5/2020 at 12:42 PM, Reefkid88 said:

This is why Storms are better. I had the SAME problems with my BF. Connectivity,dropping wifi signal,not picking my Geo spot. Really just all in all not happy with it. Hence why I replaced it with a storm. 

Once again another reason too much control causes problems with our reefs !!! 

#boycottbluefish #stormsonly lmao. 

Better not be the same one you tried to sell me . 

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
On 5/5/2020 at 11:00 AM, Tom@HaslettMI said:

Is this what a custom location looks like?

29667313-CBB5-49AD-9F08-F24611BC53FA.thumb.png.88109b638ae43ff0d2301d3e7f1351a0.png

You get that screen (with the X) when the light itself is not connected to WiFi. Otherwise one of the preset locations shows on that screen. 

• Like 1
Kellie in CA
16 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

You get that screen (with the X) when the light itself is not connected to WiFi. Otherwise one of the preset locations shows on that screen. 

I don't know... I can control the light and make changes, so I know it's connected to WiFi.  This particular function just isn't working.  No clouds, no lunar cycles. 

• Sad 1
mitten_reef

Yeah me too.  Lighting controls and programming aren’t affected.
It just loses weather & moon function completely, because custom locations are gone and presets haven’t been updated since November 2019. For those with bluefish, you can see this by tapping the newspaper-looking icon on the app location screen. Oh well.  
This seems to be a bluefish’s linked weather issue, because Spencer knew that the preset locations had gone down.  But now this. 🤦‍♂️, so much for fancy connected-weather. 

I will say I wish bluefish had updated their system to control multiple lights from one interface. It seems like they are slacking.

I actually like apex connection the best (ofc this requires having an apex) as it's super easy to make any changes. I am not sure if Dave still sells the adaptors to work with apex though.

Here is my old hybrid still trucking along using apex to control the LED and you get those fancy graphs I never look at and what not 😛

MVIMG_20200509_133850.thumb.jpg.3465f400e57ae432f50e3369853a7f87.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
Kellie in CA
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:50 AM, mitten_reef said:

Yeah me too.  Lighting controls and programming aren’t affected.
It just loses weather & moon function completely, because custom locations are gone and presets haven’t been updated since November 2019. For those with bluefish, you can see this by tapping the newspaper-looking icon on the app location screen. Oh well.  
This seems to be a bluefish’s linked weather issue, because Spencer knew that the preset locations had gone down.  But now this. 🤦‍♂️, so much for fancy connected-weather. 

@DaveFason

Well, that's a bummer.  I alerted Dave to the issue a couple weeks ago and it was the first he had heard of it. 

I have also reached out to Bluefish, so hopefully I hear back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
mitten_reef
8 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

This is what my screen looks like right now. Do I have the problem too or is mine ok? 

51C33961-928D-47C7-A3BF-82162C2B6B71.thumb.png.d0ccc3bc67cb4e478655fc3fe4f0c6cf.png

if you scroll down just a bit, you’ll see when the last time the weather is updated. Mine say 5/11/2020 now, vs November 2019 just before the wknd.  The last time I noticed that it wasn’t updating was because the moon % didn’t change over the course of days/weeks. 

Tom@HaslettMI

I was able to get a location saved.  Now I just need a cloudy day in Indonesia to see if the cloud feature is working. 

D4CAA7DB-59FD-42B0-8C6F-E27DEB32E8FF.thumb.png.dc6a102c3781f13790472ea81db632ed.png

• Like 1
Kellie in CA

I was able to get the Fiji preset to come up now.  I still can't pick a custom location, but it looks like progress!  I'm not home so I'm not sure if the clouds are actually working though.

• Like 2

I made a slight change to the lighting schedule the other day and now the graph showing the schedule that normally gets generated is no longer appearing. 

The lighting schedule is working as programmed. Anyone know why the graph might not be working or how to get to? 

On 5/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, SeaFurn said:

I made a slight change to the lighting schedule the other day and now the graph showing the schedule that normally gets generated is no longer appearing. 

The lighting schedule is working as programmed. Anyone know why the graph might not be working or how to get to? 

The graph is now working again. Strange.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
30 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

The graph is now working again. Strange.

Overall, to say that bluefish has been glitchy lately would be an understatement. I had all of the above issue as well. but finally the custom location and the graph are working again. 
for how long?  I wonder if it has anything to do with bf app has not been updated for over 2 years, or just the server that support these.  @SpencerShepard any idea? Also, should we start posting these issues under bluefish forum on here, would that be easier for you to track/see issues as they come up?

SpencerShepard

1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Overall, to say that bluefish has been glitchy lately would be an understatement. I had all of the above issue as well. but finally the custom location and the graph are working again. 
for how long?  I wonder if it has anything to do with bf app has not been updated for over 2 years, or just the server that support these.  @SpencerShepard any idea? Also, should we start posting these issues under bluefish forum on here, would that be easier for you to track/see issues as they come up?

Thanks for tagging me!  I was not aware of this discussion.  

Yes, there have been a few issues with our weather API over the past year.  It started when Wunderground discontinued their API.  Then we had an incompatibility long after the new API was implemented with how our currated locations retrieve data, causing them not to update.  Then last week the API went down altogether for about 2 days before I was aware of it and fixed it immediately.  

Long story short, there will be issues that pop up for me to fix occasionally...as with any dynamic, web based software product.  This should be rare, and there are many failsafes built into Bluefish controllers that keep them running in those instances.

If you guys can help me by reporting any issues, by email, I will always work as quickly as possible to fix them when they do happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3