Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

The video is a pretty good representation of the spectrum I'm running on this tank. I've also bumped up the channels to 110 blues and 140 whites.

Dave, you've done an outstanding job!

• Like 2

Dave, any news on the PAR readings yet?

I tried using my Apogee Quantum Meter, and it was giving a readout of about 50 PAR with 110 Blues & 140 Whites at 12 inches from the light, on my Mono (these are RAW values). I'm haven't converted these values for LEDs and am not sure whether these are accurate. Furthermore, what IS the conversion for the PAR of LEDs?

I've been meaning to. Lower your unit a little as well.

Blues are scewed with that meter.

-Dave

My light is about 4 inches from the water level right now. Should I lower it even more?

(12 inches is from sandbed to my light)

Dave which LEDs were used in xmai77's light ? I love that color !!!

What settings are you using ?

im not sure. i was just messing around when i took those pictures.

On the road and this is all I could upload. Better photos soon!

Still need to hide the heater, carbon bag. Super simple, rock anemone tank.

13382523975_8a1482528d_z.jpg

13382538285_424d971e08_z.jpg

13382549105_de6c7ecb10_z.jpg

-Dave

• Like 4

What's the fan noise like on everyone's Tide Mini? I find mine is quite loud. It drowns out the rest of my AIO system, albeit I only have one Hydor 425 and a return pump in there. The fan on my Tide isn't clunking or anything, it just sounds like it's going really fast. When I cover up the decorative exhaust slits with my hands it gets significantly quieter.

• Like 1

On my Duo I can barely hear the fan, in fact all the items on the tank are rather quiet. Barely can hear anything running.

Maybe there's something wrong with mine? I can hear the fan whirring away when I'm on the main level -- the tank is in the basement. It's a very open house so sound does travel but I don't think I should be hearing the fan one floor up...

Dave, anything I can do?

I can also hear my fan. It's probably the loudest thing in my tank right now, and I have it set on a timer to turn off at night. Albeit, the rest of the equipment on my tank is dead silent.

I haven't ran the fan on my duo since getting it. Sorry dave :flower: I plan to set the fan to timers this weekend so it goes off and on every 30 minutes or so.

The fan in the mini is also kinda loud, can't hear it over the TV but noticeable when the TV is off.

The size of the Mini is small and requires a little more umph to keep the heatsink cool. Honestly I have not had many people say that the fan is loud. I know it is much more quite than the Kessil 150 fan. Can you put the main power on a timer?

I think what happens is you are used to a nearly silent tank with stock options. Once a new noise comes in you will notice more at first. I have three Minis running in my room and one in the condo. The fan is much more quite than my old Sunpower fixture!

The size of the Mini is small and requires a little more umph to keep the heatsink cool. Honestly I have not had many people say that the fan is loud. I know it is much more quite than the Kessil 150 fan. Can you put the main power on a timer?

I think what happens is you are used to a nearly silent tank with stock options. Once a new noise comes in you will notice more at first. I have three Minis running in my room and one in the condo. The fan is much more quite than my old Sunpower fixture!

Yea that's just it. I like silence :P but I can live with it.