Cultivated Reef

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

I installed my Tide today and it definately was worth the wait.

Top notch construction and finish, great color rendition, I love the shimmer and weather effects and my corals look happy too.

The tank looks a lot more 'alive' than it did under the stock PC lights that's for sure.

I'm going to just enjoy my little tank for a few days and then start learning how to take pictures of it under this light :D

Gotta say, I love taking pics with this light. It's so easy to change the spectrum / power level. Need to take a macro shot hand held? Just bump up the power level for a couple of minutes.

Screw flash, I got me a Nanobox! :lol:

• Like 2

Gotta say, I love taking pics with this light. It's so easy to change the spectrum / power level. Need to take a macro shot hand held? Just bump up the power level for a couple of minutes.

Top down shots with the Nanobox makes all my photos look fake and photochopped....=P

• Like 1

14535047480_aa66c68691_z.jpg

Zoanthids by jasonwithers, on Flickr

nice photo withers!

Top down shots with the Nanobox makes all my photos look fake and photochopped....=P

Ha yeah it does :P All I did was play with contrast and add a little sharpening. Otherwise it's straight out of the camera.

• Like 1

I got my nanobox up and going. It is angled next to a ATI t5 fixture. It is sort of wacky the way I hung it but I don't care... I got nanobox + ATI :D

IMG_20140723_023340627_zpssmujatsi.jpg

• Like 1
Spiderguardnano

I got my nanobox up and going. It is angled next to a ATI t5 fixture. It is sort of wacky the way I hung it but I don't care... I got nanobox + ATI :D

IMG_20140723_023340627_zpssmujatsi.jpg

nice retro fit lets get a FTS with both of them firing

No. But it sure does look good. :)

Absolutely agreed.

What would a whiter spectrum with the limes look like (something around 140 whites and 100 blues)?

Absolutely agreed.

What would a whiter spectrum with the limes look like (something around 140 whites and 100 blues)?

probably more of an aqua tinged white.

I love that so many people are running the whites higher. While the blue is rad, the natural color from this new array is amazing.

-Dave

• Like 7
jedimasterben

I love that so many people are running the whites higher. While the blue is rad, the natural color from this new array is amazing.

-Dave

This. Blues are for squares and sad people. :P

• Like 3

This. Blues are for squares and sad people. :P

This. So much this. I love the natural light look - the blues give just enough pop and growth for the coral, but the whites make it more room-friendly.

• Like 1

14535047480_aa66c68691_z.jpg

Zoanthids by jasonwithers, on Flickr

What setting was your light on when you took this pic?