Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

Hey,

Which do you guys recommend for a standard 10g? Right now I just have some softies, but want my options open. I've been out of the hobby for awhile, just coming back and don't want to have to upgrade my light 3 times before I get it right. I'd like to do it right the first time. I'd also like to mount it on the tank or with legs, I wont be able to hang it on or from the walls.

Thx

Dell

Hey,

Which do you guys recommend for a standard 10g? Right now I just have some softies, but want my options open. I've been out of the hobby for awhile, just coming back and don't want to have to upgrade my light 3 times before I get it right. I'd like to do it right the first time. I'd also like to mount it on the tank or with legs, I wont be able to hang it on or from the walls.

Thx

Dell

I'd say probably a Mono or a Duo but I could be wrong lol.
  • Like 1
Hey,

Thx

Dell

I think it depends on the length of your tank. The Mono will cover up to 18 inches. If your tank is longer than 18 inches and you want the entire length covered, you should buy the Duo.

There are no more monos. Tides and Duos are it, besides retro/custom. The duo would be perfect for a standard 10, plus could serve for a larger tank later on if you ever upgrade

While it's not a Nanobox fixture it does have the most important part...

I just recently put in the 13up array on my diy fixture and I have to say I've never been so happy with an led configuration. Dave helped me out a lot with shipping - his customer service is top notch! (Thanks again Dave)

• Like 8

it's a couple of brass tubes and some random gears away from being steampunk

Haha the shelf next to it has the look going too. Copper colored tube shelf - the picture was before the addition of the 13up board but you get the idea.

• Like 9

Dave,

Your lights are stunning/amazing, all I can say is WOW :D

I just posted some pics of before and after on my Cad 8 rebirth thread, anyhow here are some pics as well:

0807141331_zpsuakyca5l.jpg

0807141329_zpsfggx0l3r.jpg

0807141330_zps9d5b3f7k.jpg

• Like 3

Nothing in the tank and it's not in my classroom yet, but I got to play around with the light! I love it and am so excited to really get things set up. Thank you again, Dave!

post-81234-0-17834700-1407435057_thumb.jpg

post-81234-0-71823600-1407435083_thumb.jpg

• Like 1