inTank Media Baskets

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

Caravanshaka

You can control it with the Reef Angle for sure. Not with the APEX however.

-Dave

Just so you have all the options, you cannot technically control it out of the box with the APEX, but you can with a 0-10v analog to 0-5v pwm converter. I believe it was 02surplus on reef central that made one for me. I have mine controlling all 4 channels of a v3 board.

reefernanoman

My Fusion 10 with the Tide

058_zps7gva5rj1.jpg

Nice! We are going to have the exact same set up! Mp10 and everything! My minitide is cooking currently at the Dave shop.Is that a black and white clown in there? I have one inside my fusion 10G! Even the corals look like mine!
  • Like 2

Nice! We are going to have the exact same set up! Mp10 and everything! My minitide is cooking currently at the Dave shop.Is that a black and white clown in there? I have one inside my fusion 10G! Even the corals look like mine!

What can I say, great minds thing alike! You're going to love that Tide!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

What can I say, great minds thing alike! You're going to love that Tide!

Do you have a tank thread? So that I can follow it! Tank stalker here :P

• 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

I know that some of you just got your BF mini with your tide. I wanted to see what pins you guys used on the BF with a picture. I have the extra moon light channel too. I'm supposed to use pin 1,2, and three. Thanks

jedimasterben

I know that some of you just got your BF mini with your tide. I wanted to see what pins you guys used on the BF with a picture. I have the extra moon light channel too. I'm supposed to use pin 1,2, and three. Thanks

The top row of pins from left to right are:

Power input - CH1 - CH2 - CH3 - CH4 - CH5 - CH6

The bottom row is all ground pins which are common.

• Like 1
Steensj2004

Broke both my T5 Bulbs JediBen told me to get, crushed them by accident in the closet :angry:

Might have to grab a few from Petco( corilife) until I can get some more , poop

Steensj2004

Question.... With this hybrid, I have plugged the powe cord for the T5 into my apex and used it as my timer for T5s. But can the LEDs come on if the T5s are off?

jedimasterben

Question.... With this hybrid, I have plugged the powe cord for the T5 into my apex and used it as my timer for T5s. But can the LEDs come on if the T5s are off?

They're wired completely separately.

The LEDs use a 48v DC power supply. As long as you aren't turning that off, then the LEDs can get power.

Steensj2004

They're wired completely separately.The LEDs use a 48v DC power supply. As long as you aren't turning that off, then the LEDs can get power.

Yep, figures it out. Anyone know of a decent webcam I can use with bluefish, someone on here posted one recently and I can't find it again.

Finally jumped back on the NanoBox bandwagon. No, i mean i was never off the wagon. No, i mean i never drank so i had no wagon to fall off of but what i really meant was that i've always been on the NanoBox bandwagon, i just haven't owned one in several months.

Today i ordered a Duo to be hung over a new Mr Aqua 7.5 gal Bowfront i'm going to set up real soon. I chose the Duo over a Tide due to the tanks 18" length and i can also use it to upgrade if needed.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for the light to be built and i'll start a build thread soon.. This will help take my mind off my recent surgery and subsequent injury.

I'll now say something that i'm sure Dave hears a lot...."Hurry dave" Haha.

Update.. OK boys and girls. It's now April 19th and i've really just ordered (and paid for) my Duo today. There was an income tax return Snafu back in Feb so after i ordered it, i couldn't pay for it. Well, it's amazing what a little saving up over a couple months can do and i was finally able to do the deed today. Now i'll ask Dave again: Hurry Dave !!!

I've also changed my plans a little and am going to put it over something a little larger like a standard 15L or 20L.

• Like 1

I've started to notice that at midnight, my mini tide with storm flashes on for 1-2 seconds, then back to the moonlight No idea how long it's been happening. Any Idea what's causing this?

• 3 weeks later...

I am loving mine, need to order more. My cell cam sucks but here ya go, oh and I fixed the light Dave those stickers were calling my name from inside the box!!! :P

05111523302_zpsbgcws3wh.jpg

0511151356_zpsvk2rohfg.jpg

0511151356a_zpsj6cefjmb.jpg

• Like 3

Hello,
I have a question, when I installed Daves nanobox retro in my Coralife 29 I took out the stock fans.
I believe I was told to remove them. Can someone please explain how to wire them into Dave's retro
unit. I thought I saw this in someones post.
Help Please,
Barry

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! So I ordered a Tide from Dave and I can't wait to get it! This is going to go on a 10g Fusion Nano. I originally asked Dave for the 13" mounting arm because I said I might want to use the light on a bigger tank, but now I'm getting second thoughts on how it will look or if it will look too long or too high.

Do you guys have any opinions or recommendations on this option? I'd really like to hear them.