inTank Media Baskets

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

jedimasterben

The Blue Fish controller has some kinks we have noticed, but not that one.

If we try to preview anything, it exits the app. And I have never gotten the lightening to work right. Any ideas Dave?

Force stop the app and clear the app data (if you're on Android, if you're on iOS, I have no clue how you would do that), reboot your phone, then get back into it and see if it does it again.

Can I plug both my hybrids into one Bluefish mini?? I got two hybrids and two bluefish mini's with them but when I tried to connect the second mini to bluefish it deleted the other mini settings.

So how do I run both Hybrids? wanted to ask before I just start plugging things in and fry something. Also sent Dave an email but I know he is a busy man.

jedimasterben

Can I plug both my hybrids into one Bluefish mini?? I got two hybrids and two bluefish mini's with them but when I tried to connect the second mini to bluefish it deleted the other mini settings.

So how do I run both Hybrids? wanted to ask before I just start plugging things in and fry something. Also sent Dave an email but I know he is a busy man.

It would take some very simple wiring to do so. If you want to control both of them individually, each with four channels, that is not possible (the Mini has six channels), but if each has two or three channels, or you were to combine the violet and royal blue channels, then you could control them separately.

Take clear photos of how you have everything now and I can let you know what you need to do.

Dropped you an email back.

-D

No one?

send an email to myself and ben@coralux.net.

-Dave

EDIT : IF YOU GUYS HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE START A NEW THREAD. THIS IS FOR POSTING NANO BOX UNITS/ TANK PHOTOS. THANKS!

• Like 2

Still in the progress of building, Thread in members aquariums, but here is a general look! Dave hooked up 2 Tides together on 1 Bluefish, With a single power source for the lights and fans.

IMG_0857.jpg

• Like 11

If we try to preview anything, it exits the app. And I have never gotten the lightening to work right. Any ideas Dave?

I've had a few bugs with the Bluefish too. Sometimes not responding to changes in the app or blinking occasionally or the app not being able to connect to the device. If I unplug it for a few seconds then plug it back up, all is good again. I just put it down to teething troubles.

Most people do not know to change the setting of the storms. Here you go!

• Open the APP
  • Go to Settings
  • Special Settings
  • Lightning Color
  • Turn channel 1 and 3 all the way to zero.
  • Turn channel 2 to 50-100%
  • Like 2
quackenbush

On Friday, just over one week ago, my wife let me know that the tank has been blue for the last two days and was that OK? The final strip of 5x3w CW LEDs went out on my NanoCube 24 LED hood. I had picked the tank up on Craigslist in March and at that time, 2 of 5 strips of CW LEDs were working, but one went out right after I shuffled it's mounting position for better coverage. On Saturday morning I ordered a small retro kit from Dave. I received the kit on Thursday and programmed it that night. I installed it on Saturday and all is running great.

First I gutted the hood of the heatsink which included the five 5x3w CW LEDs as well as the moonlight LEDs (2 x 1w 456nm). The dawn-dusk LEDs (4x3w 466nm) are configured such that they could be left in place. I also stripped out the 4 noisy stock fans and the power distribution block for the fans and CW LEDs.

At first I thought I could run some metal strapping between the heat sink mounting points and then mount the NanoBox retro to the metal strapping, but I could not come up with a solid mounting system to hold the heatsink/fan/LED array to the strapping. Then I realized I could use wire to mount the heat sink to the light reflector from the original setup, and then mount the reflector to the hood. Here it is:

XyvEhAD.jpg

I cut a big hole on the reflector where the fan is mounted so that there is plenty of airflow, then I replaced the cover over the lighting systems.

The lighting is beautiful. At first I had a 2 hour ramp up time with a 1 hour ramp delay from blue to white, but I don't like the blue windex look, so I eliminated the ramp delay all together. Running a Storm at 140/100 for CH1/CH2.

Here's the tank now:

Ab0vRDp.jpg

I tinkered a little with the stock dawn/dusk lighting, but decided to leave them off for now.

Loving the look. I'm excited to stock with some more exotic corals now that I have the lighting straightened out..

• Like 2

I want to say thanks Dave, Nanobox has the greatest after sale service any one could ask for.

Over the weekend I burnt the drivers out on my nanobox retro. I emailed Dave Sunday

the replacement part was sent out Monday.

THANKS DAVE,

Barry

• Like 1

So there's been a recent looking into the use of leds for reptile keeping, if this is a market you ever would like to try out dave I'd be more than happy to test it out on Action Jackson :D

• Like 1

So there's been a recent looking into the use of leds for reptile keeping, if this is a market you ever would like to try out dave I'd be more than happy to test it out on Action Jackson :D

I don't know anything about reptile keeping but wouldn't they just be a mix of white leds? Do people buy special/ expensive units for reptiles? I have no idea, why I am asking.
  • Like 1

I don't know anything about reptile keeping but wouldn't they just be a mix of white leds? Do people buy special/ expensive units for reptiles? I have no idea, why I am asking.

http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Reptile-Health/Habitats-Care/Reptile-Lighting-Information/

A single uvb bulb for my chameleon is 26w and is around $30. They also require a basking light,there's a number of bulbs to accomplish this .

Just received my duo and I love it but has anyone else ran into the issue with the goose-neck hanging kit, specifically the part that mounts to the tank. It doesn't fit on my 1/2" acrylic, so i have it on a chamber divider in the back of the tank I noticed the wiring is in a plastic housing so it looks like its salt creep safe so not to worried running it there for a few days. Was wondering if anyone dremeled it to be bigger or I can just mount something on the side of my desk to clamp it to.

Edit: Didnt see anything on nano box saying the max thickness for glass on the goose-neck mount, unless I am blind and missed. :slap:

• Like 1

I wish I would have known about the .5". However the material

Is super simple to cut if you have a dremil or anything like it. Drop me an email if you need help!