Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

My nanobox powered matching 18" reef and planted cubes.

both_201506_zps4k9ob7xe.jpg

This is awesome!

I will get a thread started. :)

And stickers. We need stickers.

Can I get some opinions of people who own Tide's over a IM 10g Fusion? I opted for the 9" gooseneck and I kind of think it's a little too short for the tank. I think I might have made the wrong choice. Anyone out there with opinions with a Fusion and this length gooseneck?

D2595E9D-8FBD-4C1B-93AC-A91A5FF43635_zps

This is my scape. Maybe it just naturally creates shadows? But I'd like to hear others opinions on how you find the 9" gooseneck length is.

jedimasterben

You're going to have shadowing no matter what, that is unfortunately the downside of LEDs.

Does the gooseneck not allow it to sit center over the tank?

You're going to have shadowing no matter what, that is unfortunately the downside of LEDs.

Does the gooseneck not allow it to sit center over the tank?

698112B1-A075-459E-9668-F6702C8F8A8D_zps

It is mixed, the longer gooseneck to me is to long. The 9" can hit the middle. Can you take the unit off and then from the back, adjust and it should move it forward. MANY people on this forum use it with the 9".

As well you will have no issues with lighting the entire tank as it is.

-Dave

I'm happy to say I'm a nano box duo owner. Excellent light ,especially paired with the blue fish controller quite an awesome combo. Great work Dave (and Spencer ).

• Like 6

It is mixed, the longer gooseneck to me is to long. The 9" can hit the middle. Can you take the unit off and then from the back, adjust and it should move it forward. MANY people on this forum use it with the 9".

As well you will have no issues with lighting the entire tank as it is.

-Dave

Dave,

Ok. If it's working for other people, then it'll work for me. I think maybe my scape might create shadows because of how the tonga branch structure is.

Thanks for clarifying! I'm loving the color on my Tide!! Can't wait to add coral!!

• Like 1

Why not mount the light on the false wall or the left side of the tank? It also looks like you could bend the gooseneck a bit too and get it to stretch more. Remove it from the tank first as you don't want to put too big of a moment on that glass.

Shadows in a tank are a good thing-that's where you put the low light corals and new acquisitions.

• Like 1

So Dave what would you suggest for this 48' 10' x 10'? Tanks 1st water test and also just got the fluval light and already want a nano box from you instead!

8B678B00-D889-4AB4-8004-1DFDCB1CD15D_zps

Why not mount the light on the false wall or the left side of the tank? It also looks like you could bend the gooseneck a bit too and get it to stretch more. Remove it from the tank first as you don't want to put too big of a moment on that glass.

Shadows in a tank are a good thing-that's where you put the low light corals and new acquisitions.

There is a wire coming down from the gooseneck that would be under water. But I will try as you suggested and bend the gooseneck more. It's really hard to bend, but yeah, I'll take it out of the tank to do so.

Thanks!

The tank looks great I love your rock it has some cool textures

Thanks! Yea the rock I got free from a break down of a 150 gallon I did got a butt ton of it left in my garage lol.

outerorbiter

If any one has any doubts on Daves products please don't. Totally awesome quality, finish, shipping, and MASSIVE SHINE!

• Like 2

Does the duo only have 2 channels? I juse got mine today can't really get the color I want

Yes, try this. Blue channel ~65-70% and white channel ~35%.

This should create a nice 20K color. Adjust from there if you want to get more white color.

-Dave

I did that and anytime the white is more than 1/5 of the power of the blues it washes everything out pretty quick. The only way to achieve the 20k look is like 70% blue and 10% white. But instead of making the corals pop so much that ratio creates a very blue windex look instead of the desired purple look