SaltCritters.com

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

20" cube with NanoBox Duo. Thanks Dave for the great service and a great product.

Using the hanging kit, some smaller hardware, and a conduit wall mount I was able to nicely hang the Duo on the existing DIY pendant mount.

Light schedule up and running. Loving the extra options the 4 channel and Bluefish Mini provide. Not sure how to mount the extra boxes yet, but will resolving that shortly.

Mini connected nicely. Having a photo mode setting is a photo editing must.

Great Service from Dave, and so far everything seems to be responding well to the increase over the old PAR38 bulb.

FTS_6_13_15_zpsqrgzbglk.jpeg

Steensj2004

Anyone else experiencing icing little bumps appearing on their paint? My Hybrind is growing little raised bumps under the paint, they are hard, but won't come off? Paint contamination of some sort? I see more and more every wee. Light is hanging about 14" above the tank, I doubt it's from salt....

Anyone else experiencing icing little bumps appearing on their paint? My Hybrind is growing little raided bumps under the paint, they are hard, but won't come off? Paint contamination of some sort? I see more and more every wee. Light is hanging about 14" above the tank, I doubt it's from salt....

Outgassing from incompletely cured primer or sealer?

EDIT: Just to be clear, those things happen. Automotive paint is really finicky and even small changes in temp or humidity when a coat is laid down can effect the outcome.

HarryPotter

Anyone else experiencing icing little bumps appearing on their paint? My Hybrind is growing little raided bumps under the paint, they are hard, but won't come off? Paint contamination of some sort? I see more and more every wee. Light is hanging about 14" above the tank, I doubt it's from salt....

Picture?

Steensj2004

Outgassing from incompletely cured primer or sealer?

Dunno, but they are all over the place :( Hard to get a good pic though....

A8EE4275-3B59-491F-AC24-17D60003663E_zps

5B1290F1-8763-433E-8F24-B24F342EAAC9_zps

90950D8B-9993-438B-A2E8-CE15DD5FF888_zps

Picture?

Steensj2004

They look sorta like blisters, yes? Is it just on that one side?

They are everywhere on the fixture, some are small, others are larger. All are solid and you cannot pop or flatten them. I haven't tried using any tools as I don't want to mess anything up further. They aren't taking over the entire fixture but are there, and more and more show up by the week......blah. Disappointed seeing as I've only had it maybe 2-3 months.

They are everywhere on the fixture, some are small, others are larger. All are solid and you cannot pop or flatten them. I haven't tried using any tools as I don't want to mess anything up further. They aren't taking over the entire fixture but are there, and more and more show up by the week......blah. Disappointed seeing as I've only had it maybe 2-3 months.

Definitely sounds like outgassing, then. Don't try to pop or flatten them, if you succeed you'll compromise the metal and that's a really bad thing with salt water around.

Steensj2004

Definitely sounds like outgassing, then. Don't try to pop or flatten them, if you succeed you'll compromise the metal and that's a really bad thing with salt water around.

Poop.

Definitely don't think it was caused by saltwater, as I just measured and the fixture is sitting exactly 13 inches above the water line( very shallow @ only 12" deep.....sigh. Guess I'm stuck with it, I'm disappointed.

• Like 1

Poop.

Definitely don't think it was caused by saltwater, as I just measured and the fixture is sitting exactly 13 inches above the water line( very shallow @ only 12" deep.....sigh. Guess I'm stuck with it, I'm disappointed.

Contact Dave, I'm sure he'll take care of it. It could've been the higher heat and humidity of a tropical saltwater environment causing the outgassing, it doesn't require physical contact with corrosive substances. I've also never seen this in one of the other threads, so it could be there was a temperature or humidity swing that caused one of the coats to react differently during the process of painting. Like I said, these things happen, all that can be done is to strip it and repaint.

Steen - never have had this. Drop me an email. I keep my personal unit 1" from water level.

Can you confirm your fans are on? Like I said I've used the same on ~900 units and this would be a first.

Drop me a email.

-Dave

Steensj2004

Steen - never have had this. Drop me an email. I keep my personal unit 1" from water level.

Can you confirm your fans are on? Like I said I've used the same on ~900 units and this would be a first.

Drop me a email.

-Dave

Everything is running including the fans, reefnut2004@gmail.com, I dunno if I still have yours?

Everything is running including the fans, reefnut2004@gmail.com, I dunno if I still have yours?

david@nanoboxreef.com

It's in his sig, for future reference.

Emailed Dave, no response yet.....I really wonder what caused this?

Sorry bud, you were sending more photos but did not see any.

Drop me a PM so we dont clog this thread up.