ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Recommitment to SPS?! :o Eugene, could you say things any more beautiful? You're pretty much going to force me to bring back my A game, to challenge myself get back to my full potential in reefkeeping. THANK YOU!!! I can't wait to see your progress, the pictures. Oh I can't wait.

So how about an updated shot of what the tank looks like with the new glow sticks of doom!

Coming soon bud I have to pick up some sps.

Recommitment to SPS?! :o Eugene, could you say things any more beautiful? You're pretty much going to force me to bring back my A game, to challenge myself get back to my full potential in reefkeeping. THANK YOU!!! I can't wait to see your progress, the pictures. Oh I can't wait.

:blush::happy: Thanks kat. I just really started to miss those cuddly sticks. I say we both give it our absolute best and then we can trade some awesome looking frags in the near future. fingerscrossed

• Like 3
NirvanaandTool

Thanks alot bud. Yea its definitely a task but I finally found the sweetspot with my vodka dosing and I have my nitrates between 2-5 which is really where I would like them to stay.

Perfect. Go for it then dude.

Good luck, can't wait to see what this turns into.

Perfect. Go for it then dude.

Good luck, can't wait to see what this turns into.

Thanks alot bud. :happy:

Looking awesome! What T5 bulbs did you go with?

Thanks man! 2 Blue +,Purple + and a true actinic

Now we're talking.

:happy:

• Like 1

So I finally decided to pick up a Gyre XF130. So far im very impressed...As advertised it moves the entire body of water in a circular motion Im only running at 20% as its plenty strong. Right now its in pulsing mode but I plan to change it to alternating gyre mode over the weekend. Its a pricey pump but so far it seems like a sound investment.

16540110280_8b2510eda5.jpg

16540110450_f00a09ea28.jpg

16726454892_74c05255ab.jpg

16726455082_c769732f0d.jpg

16701628006_e27165ffc7.jpg

• Like 10
Markburns43

That is a sweet pump , for your set up having a central island have you found it hard to get god flow with a standard power head? And the xf130 creates and even flow even on the other side of the island?

That is a sweet pump , for your set up having a central island have you found it hard to get god flow with a standard power head? And the xf130 creates and even flow even on the other side of the island?

I had a few dead spots using normal powerheads but this pump moves the entire water column so regardless of the scape theres no dead spots at least when mounted horizontally.

Steen can you please upload a new video of th skimmer running

Wrong thread :P

• Like 1

Hype, glad you like the gyre! I love mine! You got a video of yours? I am curious how the flow works with the scape you have compared to mine. Any SPS updates in there yet?!

• Like 1

Congrats on the gyre! Hope it works out well for you. Now for the obvious question. This is a zero edge still, correct? How exactly do you have the gyre mounted? Is it ok for the outside magnet to be submerged?

All magnets on the Gyre mounts are sealed, so they're waterproof.

Damn shame ruining a nice clean overflow like that with a big brick. So much for that side being viewable :lol:

Hype, glad you like the gyre! I love mine! You got a video of yours? I am curious how the flow works with the scape you have compared to mine. Any SPS updates in there yet?!

Thanks man. Ill try to make a vid over the weekend. I have a few frags but Im still waiting to go shopping :D I havent finished breaking in the T5 bulbs yet.

Congrats on the gyre! Hope it works out well for you. Now for the obvious question. This is a zero edge still, correct? How exactly do you have the gyre mounted? Is it ok for the outside magnet to be submerged?

Thanks alot fnard. Yep its a zeroedge and the outside magnets are sealed.The water doesnt overflow where the gyre is mounted.

All magnets on the Gyre mounts are sealed, so they're waterproof.

Thanks ben

Damn shame ruining a nice clean overflow like that with a big brick. So much for that side being viewable :lol:

Truth is theres no way to get optimal flow for sps in a zeroedge without adding an additional powerhead. I think I did a pretty good job of mounting it so it doesnt detract too much from the overall display.

• Like 3

Truth is theres no way to get optimal flow for sps in a zeroedge without adding an additional powerhead. I think I did a pretty good job of mounting it so it doesnt detract too much from the overall display.

Oh I'm sure you did. No doubting your skills.

Hey nano at what intensity do you run your gyre?

I have mine at like 40% pulse mode. I was able to turn it a little higher because I have all my sps on the side my gyre is on and my zoas and hammer coral are on the far island. I have a video somewhere in my thread when I first set it up.

I have mine at like 40% pulse mode. I was able to turn it a little higher because I have all my sps on the side my gyre is on and my zoas and hammer coral are on the far island. I have a video somewhere in my thread when I first set it up.

Yea i really liked that video.....one of the vids that helped solidify my decision to pick one up.

Yay Gyre.

Hey kat :flower: What setting are you running on your gyre?

• Like 1

Gyre 100% constant =]

Wow that's impressive...I can't push it that high in my tank without a sand storm but so far I really like the pulse mode.

Wow that's impressive...I can't push it that high in my tank without a sand storm but so far I really like the pulse mode.

Ya the pulse mode is $$$!