Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

CronicReefer

Well they dont bother coral but small fish and shrimp are fair game

Have you tried putting some ghost shrimp in your tank? I'm sure your dwarf lion would go nuts. My LFS sells them for super cheap as live bait for lionfish.

• Like 1
skyscraper2290

Was so tempted to get a fuzzy because of your tank and pics when I was at my LFS but knew my tank wasn't big enough. Maybe next tank

Have you tried putting some ghost shrimp in your tank? I'm sure your dwarf lion would go nuts. My LFS sells them for super cheap as live bait for lionfish.

They love ghost shrimp I just dont feed it to them anymore because I weaned them off of live foods. It took a while to get my fumanchu to take frozen and I dont want to risk him becoming attached to live foods again.

Was so tempted to get a fuzzy because of your tank and pics when I was at my LFS but knew my tank wasn't big enough. Maybe next tank

You wont regret it as they're an awesome fish...plenty of personality

Random pic of Qianlong

16823149986_c2ecfb65fb_c.jpg

• Like 17

Have to say I think this tank is amazing. Started my own version of your wall of acans after I saw this. Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks so much twitch I sincerely appreciate it.

Thought you might like this.

Those poor barnacles on the whale! It makes me very sad. I saw it in a documentary when I was little and got the heebeejeebies, always wanted to be a diver that cleaned the poor whales from the itchy parasites. Shudder.

E, if I eat a lionfish taco in New York, will you still be my friend? :huh:

They love ghost shrimp I just dont feed it to them anymore because I weaned them off of live foods. It took a while to get my fumanchu to take frozen and I dont want to risk him becoming attached to live foods again.

Random pic of Qianlong

:o

:o

Yep :) To be honest I've actually wanted to try it as I've heard it's delicious.
  • Like 2
Nano sapiens

Random pic of Qianlong

Simply...AWESOME! :)

NirvanaandTool

Random pic of Qianlong

Awesome pic of the Fu man.

Oh come on, a nice ghost shrimp treat wouldn't be a bad thing to let them hunt. I still feed crayfish and ghosts to my guys every now and then. And the occasional mussel or little neck clam for the wrasses/bff. Waspy always gets a piece of it before the mollusk gets dropped into the tank.

That video was awesome - nothing like the sheer size and power of a Volie.

Awesome pic of the Fu man.

Oh come on, a nice ghost shrimp treat wouldn't be a bad thing to let them hunt. I still feed crayfish and ghosts to my guys every now and then. And the occasional mussel or little neck clam for the wrasses/bff. Waspy always gets a piece of it before the mollusk gets dropped into the tank.

That video was awesome - nothing like the sheer size and power of a Volie.

Thanks bud

I agree but Ive talked to some guys that have done it and had a really hard time getting their lions back to frozen. Ill probably do it eventually though because at this point im pretty confident in my strategy to get them to come back to the dark side.

Oh and I cant wait to show you what I have in QT right now fingerscrossedfingerscrossed

• Like 2
Paleoreef103

Yep :) To be honest I've actually wanted to try it as I've heard it's delicious.

There is a joke going around in conservation circles that in 20 years, you'll be eating McLionfish sandwiches if they keep going crazy in the Caribbean. Love the tank as always, Eugene. Qianlong is gorgeous!

• Like 1

There is a joke going around in conservation circles that in 20 years, you'll be eating McLionfish sandwiches if they keep going crazy in the Caribbean. Love the tank as always, Eugene. Qianlong is gorgeous!

:lol::lol: I totally believe it.... maybe then we would finally see a significant dent in their numbers. Thanks alot p really appreciate it.

Hey Eugene... how often do you feed the lions? Do their appetites differ based on species, or more on size?

Hey Chris I usually feed mine every 3-4 days. They're pretty greedy regardless of the species and will eat everyday if you feed them but its better for their overall health to feed them once or twice a week.

• Like 1

Lionfish taco? That's a thing? I want it. The mission to find lion fish tacos is on. Hopefully I won't have to wait until I'm in NYC next winter.

• Like 1

Lionfish taco? That's a thing? I want it. The mission to find lion fish tacos is on. Hopefully I won't have to wait until I'm in NYC next winter.

:D

Hey Chris I usually feed mine every 3-4 days. They're pretty greedy regardless of the species and will eat everyday if you feed them but its better for their overall health to feed them once or twice a week.

I read that you can get them to accept pieces of red snapper, salmon, tuna, cod, shrimp (uncooked, shell-on), lobster, scallops, clams, squid and pretty much any other seafood you can buy at the grocery store. Ever tried feeding them sashimi?

LLsalmon.jpg

I read that you can get them to accept pieces of red snapper, salmon, tuna, cod, shrimp (uncooked, shell-on), lobster, scallops, clams, squid and pretty much any other seafood you can buy at the grocery store. Ever tried feeding them sashimi?

Yea the fuzzy eats just about anything while the fu only eats crustaceans. Im trying to get him to take fish and squid though.