SaltCritters.com

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

What's going on rehype? Still gazing?

Some changes on the way! Stay tuned :)

i love this tank, have you though about changing the plastic plants for a magrove or something like that?

Thanks so much they're are actually tillandsia and yes I have thought about switching them out as they dont like direct light and its been very tough keeping them happy.

I think they are actually air plants if I remember right from earlier in the build, could be wrong though

Your correct :)

Is that a flame scallop in the background?

Yes sir.

• Like 2

Awsome can't wait, how's your other tank doing as well, I am in amist of rescaping mine just to keep some excitement lol

Well I actually converted it to a low tech setup as I got tired of trimming and adding CO2. So right now the tank is totally self sufficient I just add top off water. It kinda cool as its its truly a self contained system. The RCS are breeding happily and there are thousands of seed shrimp, an otocinclus and a few nerite snails. I know the feeling as I feel like rescaping myself...lol

• Like 1

I let it get way out of hand, like a damn jungle, I like my 10 gallon low tech better and better, and it sucks I must throw hundreds of dollars of plants away I just don't have the space to keep or the lfs who will want to really give you anything for it. And jesus i too must have 100s of rcs

• Like 1

I let it get way out of hand, like a damn jungle, I like my 10 gallon low tech better and better, and it sucks I must throw hundreds of dollars of plants away I just don't have the space to keep or the lfs who will want to really give you anything for it. And jesus i too must have 100s of rcs

I had the same issue when I was adding CO2. Even at 1bps everything was growing like mad and I had to trim on a weekly basis. Now everything grows way slower and theres virtually no maintenance. I can now focus all of my attention to the reef tank. Since this was my first real attempt with a planted tank I can say overall it was a success. It was a super simple build yet I learned alot and maybe in the future Ill try a dutch style.

• Like 2

I admit I didn't read the whole thread, but any issues with the rock exposed?

Love the tank.

Thanks alot appreciate you taking the time to check out the thread...Nope no issues with the exposed exposed rock.

:ninja:

16397652177_46728749d1.jpg

• Like 6

No more Radion?

Nope....dont get me wrong its a fantastic fixture but I wanted to get back into SPS and Ive had the best results with T5 and led supplementation.

• Like 2

Nope....dont get me wrong its a fantastic fixture but I wanted to get back into SPS and Ive had the best results with T5 and led supplementation.

I was wondering if you could resist going back to SPS :)

Thanks alot appreciate you taking the time to check out the thread...Nope no issues with exposed the exposed rock.

:ninja:

16397652177_46728749d1.jpg

Sweet light have to love that 1 cord as well. Love my dimmable T5.

Sweet light have to love that 1 cord as well. Love my dimmable T5.

Thanks man me too Its been a while since ive had them but once you own them you dont want to go back to regular T5's

Well I'm sure you will pick out some awesome pieces, how come you were trying to hold out on SPS?

Well my last major build was SPS dominant so I wanted try some different coral....but over the last few months ive really had the itch to own them again.

skyscraper2290

Did you have a thread for your last major build? Would love to see it, I think it's about time to see a new FTS before you put any SPS in the tank

Did you have a thread for your last major build? Would love to see it, I think it's about time to see a new FTS before you put any SPS in the tank

Yep here she is. She was honored with TOTM here and RC.

The tank looked exactly the same as the last pics update pics but im in the middle of a slight rescape so ill be sure to post that when the dust settles.

Damn it, I still need to learn to work my new camera more proficiently. Also, editing is a huge pain in the ass. I couldn't help myself and got a bunch of legacy lens because focus peaking, it's a bit addictive. If I could master the macro I'd call it a win. If I might ask, any idiot proof post processing programs you'd recommend?