Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Eugene, I gotta echo what everyone else has said. Your tank is the reason my heart flutters when I see a zero-edge tank get listed on craigslist. The temptation is real.

:wub:

• Like 4

Eugene, I gotta echo what everyone else has said. Your tank is the reason my heart flutters when I see a zero-edge tank get listed on craigslist. The temptation is real.

:wub:

Thanks alot xiao really appreciate it. :happy:

really is amazing! I love the plants above, what were there names agaim and hoendo you cone across these plants I tried looking online.

Thanks alot mark! Theyre called tillandsia

Thanks a lot. I was searching for awhile in your thread and online. Btw how's the fiddler? It put the best creativity into the scape with it being able to sit at the surface. I can't get over this littke piece of paridise!

Thanks a lot. I was searching for awhile in your thread and online. Btw how's the fiddler? It put the best creativity into the scape with it being able to sit at the surface. I can't get over this littke piece of paridise!

No worries. Unfortunately the fiddler only lasted about 8 months im thinking of picking up another species I had success with a few years back. Thanks again mark

• Like 1

Hey Eugene... How much water do you lose due to evaporation? I tried running lidless for a while (because it's awesome), but I was going through like 6-7 gallons of RO/DI a week. Being on the 15th floor, I got tired of lugging jugs... I wonder if you could create a custom-cut glass lid to hug the exposed rock work. That would be sweet.

Hey Eugene... How much water do you lose due to evaporation? I tried running lidless for a while (because it's awesome), but I was going through like 6-7 gallons of RO/DI a week. Being on the 15th floor, I got tired of lugging jugs... I wonder if you could create a custom-cut glass lid to hug the exposed rock work. That would be sweet.

I lose around 6-7 gallons a week as well. I just got a large ATO reservoir....I got really fortunate on this one though I found it in the classifieds. It was custom made by Advanced Acrylics and cost over $500 but got it for a $100 and its in perfect condition. The only thing was I had to drive to Queens,NY to pick it up but it was well worth it as it holds about 30 gallons.

15647775023_7c4e117d16_n.jpg

Honestly having everything exposed is the best part of this tank for me evaporation is a positive side effect IMO (well as long as the reservoir is full lol)

:bowdown:

:blush: Thanks alot ark...really appreciate it.

• Like 2

15647775023_7c4e117d16_n.jpg

Honestly having everything exposed is the best part of this tank for me evaporation is a positive side effect IMO (well as long as the reservoir is full lol)

Is that a glass scrubber in your ATO reservoir? That's epic...

I agree with the open top. I take my tops off when I come into the office, and put them back on at night when I leave. It saves me a few gallons of water a week. Why do you say that it's a positive side effect?

me too... +1

:blush: Thanks alot bud..much appreciated

Is that a glass scrubber in your ATO reservoir? That's epic...

I agree with the open top. I take my tops off when I come into the office, and put them back on at night when I leave. It saves me a few gallons of water a week. Why do you say that it's a positive side effect?

lol nah thats just the pump i put a magnet it on it so i could keep it at the bottom.

Well evaporative cooling as this tank maintains the same temperature as the ambient rooms temperature. I also feel since our systems are so small to begin with the continuos addition of new oxygenated water is a good thing.

• Like 2

That's awsome. Any thing in particuliar you do ?

All I can say is try to find the most healthy specimen possible,make sure you have plenty of live rock and feed your tank generously. Ill also add that Ive only had success with stars in the linckia family

• Like 1

Dude, the coloration of your tank is gorgeous. I really like the lights. I may try and tinker with my lights to get a more white light on the coral. WOW!

Thanks alot tibbsy! Its much appreciated

'Back-in-the-day' before reef tanks I kept starfish for years. Every 2-3 days I'd place the starfish in a separate bowl with some meaty seafood for ~15 - 20 minutes. They will invert their stomachs to eat the food and the process takes time, so in a reef tanks they may not get food...or be able to hold on to it long enough to consume it.

• Like 1

'Back-in-the-day' before reef tanks I kept starfish for years. Every 2-3 days I'd place the starfish in a separate bowl with some meaty seafood for ~15 - 20 minutes. They will invert their stomachs to eat the food and the process takes time, so in a reef tanks they may not get food...or be able to hold on to it long enough to consume it.

Thats an awesome idea nano....Ill have to give it a try. What species of starfish did you keep?

For the FTS, are your lights that same color all the time or did you change then for the photo?

The tank looks that way most of the morning and then shifts towards blue in the afternoon

Eugene,

This is such a great tank. The natural look is stunning!

-Dave

Thanks so much dave really appreciate it!

• Like 1