Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

So thought I would share a recent FTS of the tank. The tank is a little over a year old now and has had some setback but overall im happy where its at now and look to kick it into the next gear...

More shots to follow

15537650704_54167aa61a_b.jpg

• Like 32

I see you figured out how to photograph a tank under LEDs? Looks really great. I love the way the sand is piled up to the center pillar, just to the right of the acans... makes it look really natural. Also, all those gorgs... need to get me some gorgs!

Awesome. Mine started with one head three months ago and has 7 now. The main head isn't quite that big. Your tank is totally awesome, btw.

I had one but now i have three but this main one is alot larger than the others. Im just curious as to how big he can get

Thanks alot I appreciate it

I see you figured out how to photograph a tank under LEDs? Looks really great. I love the way the sand is piled up to the center pillar, just to the right of the acans... makes it look really natural. Also, all those gorgs... need to get me some gorgs!

Well the only way I can get pictures i like is to turn the royal blues all the down. Scaping the sand is just as important as scaping the rock IMO. My pistol helps alot although we sometimes have different tastes lol

Yippee!! A shot head on!!! Just lovely, just as I imagined it'd be.

Thanks so much

oh wow i don't think I've seen the tank from this side. looks very nice

Thanks alot hypo

Turned off the blues completely, eh? :lol:

Nah the deep blues are only at 25% while the royals are at 5% You have to dial the royal blues back considerably or the colors quickly shift toward purple.(which im not a fan of when taking pictures)

Fantastic entry shot to 2015, just beautiful Eugene. Love those cascading acans. Happy New Year.

Thanks so much kat really appreciate it!

Wow, on a different scale of top notch as always. Looks fantastic and the LEDs have approximated the halide look from before, which I also really like.

Thanks so much amph....I had to fiddle around with them a bit before I got that look but its pretty close i think. Its definitely not as bright and lacks the same shimmer lines as the halide but so far ive very happy with this fixture.

jedimasterben

Nah the deep blues are only at 25% while the royals are at 5% You have to dial the royal blues back considerably or the colors quickly shift toward purple.(which im not a fan of when taking pictures)

Are you shooting in RAW? What post software are you using?

That's an awesome shot. It looks very natural!

Thanks alot ark thats my ultimate goal with this build.

Are you shooting in RAW? What post software are you using?

Yep... I use Dpp for editing RAW and for post i use lightroom

So sick. Happy New Year.

Thanks alot brad....hows everything?

You find the sweet spot to be 8" of water aswell?

Well I have mine in 8" of water but i made a 3" egg crate platform to put it on for the perfect foam head and dry skimmate.

BattleAthletics

Bubble Magus Curve 5...love this skimmer

Im using one for my new build.

Well I have mine in 8" of water but i made a 3" egg crate platform to put it on for the perfect foam head and dry skimmate.

Can you take a picture of what it looks like?

jedimasterben

Yep... I use Dpp for editing RAW and for post i use lightroom

Not sure what DPP is, I use Lightroom for everything. I have a Canon T2i with the kit lens and the nifty fifty. I do no color correction to my photos beyond adjusting the 'color temperature' slider to 10,900 in Lightroom and the pics are always true to life.

RAW

IMG_9654.CR2.jpg

After adjusting that slider

IMG_9654.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice FTS! I'm digging the 10K look.

Thanks alot micro!

Im using one for my new build.

Can you take a picture of what it looks like?

Its a great skimmer. I dont currently have a picture of mine but it looks just like this. The only difference is i used glue instead of ties

skimmerstand001.jpg

Not sure what DPP is, I use Lightroom for everything. I have a Canon T2i with the kit lens and the nifty fifty. I do no color correction to my photos beyond adjusting the 'color temperature' slider to 10,900 in Lightroom and the pics are always true to life.

DPP is digital photo professional (canon software that came with your T2i) Its the best canon RAW editor IME. Anyhow your tank looks great. Its not hard to get the colors accurate with supplemental lighting such as T5's or halides but trying to capture blue LED's at 100% with everything else turned down is never captured accurately.That spectrum seems to be beyond the gamut of what modern day camera sensors can capture.(The human eye isnt so easily duplicated lol) so while it can be close its never exact to what you see in person. Not a big deal though I just prefer to photograph in the 10-12k range.

Tank looks great Eugene, finally a FTS I can drool over haha.

Thanks alot jase.....looking forward to a FTS of your tank :D

• Like 1