Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Oh man. The clarity of this shot... the white set over the red. Amazing.

Yeah, I can barely get shots this clear with my camera that I can stick inside the tank lol

• Like 1

That FTS is breathtaking! I love how natural the tank looks, makes me want to swap my LEDs out for a halide/t5 combo.

Thanks so much boo but those shots are taken under a radion :D

16168566802_24476c7435_z.jpg

• Like 18

whaaaat?! lol sorry bout that, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention :lol: I was too distracted by your awesome pics

what sort of settings do you use on the radions when you take photos? do you turn the blues way down?

so i just went from page 1 to page 90. HOLY MOLY

Thanks alot caps! Appreciate you taking the time to check out the thread.

whaaaat?! lol sorry bout that, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention :lol: I was too distracted by your awesome pics

what sort of settings do you use on the radions when you take photos? do you turn the blues way down?

Thanks alot man its a recent change...jon over at ecotech sent me the radion and a reeflink to use on this build. So i figured why not give them a try. This isnt my first rodeo with LED's but it is my first Full spectrum fixture. Ive been really slow in ramping the intensity so as not to shock any coral and so far so good.

Those shots are actually how the tank looks during the early hours of the day but yes in those shots the deep blues are at 25% and the royal blues are only at 5%

• Like 1

Thanks alot man its a recent change...jon over at ecotech sent me the radion and a reeflink to use on this build. So i figured why not give them a try. This isnt my first rodeo with LED's but it is my first Full spectrum fixture. Ive been really slow in ramping the intensity so as not to shock any coral and so far so good.

Those shots are actually how the tank looks during the early hours of the day but yes in those shots the deep blues are at 25% and the royal blues are only at 5%

I see..thanks for the info, I'm hoping I can get a decent priced radion around here so I can experience it for myself :D . I just can't get over how natural everything looks in there!

Looking good, nice to see more pictures. :)

Thanks alot man.....I got a bit lazy with my picture taking/updates but I plan to be more diligent this year lol. Love what your doing with your shallow build reminds me of my old archipelago.

I see..thanks for the info, I'm hoping I can get a decent priced radion around here so I can experience it for myself :D . I just can't get over how natural everything looks in there!

No worries. If you find yourself one just let know and ill send you my radion profile so you can try it for yourself :happy: Thanks alot boo that was my goal with this tank from the very beginning.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Loving the new pics and the photog talk between you and Ben. I'm just getting back into the DSLR game, dusting off my oldddd Rebel XT and learning to take some better pics.

Glad the redfin is doing better too. Need some new pics of him.

Loving the new pics and the photog talk between you and Ben. I'm just getting back into the DSLR game, dusting off my oldddd Rebel XT and learning to take some better pics.

Glad the redfin is doing better too. Need some new pics of him.

Thanks ralph look forward to seeing some shots of your preds. If you need any help just let me know

Thanks man me too. Hes doing really well...super greedy :lol: Ill be sure to post more shots of him.

gorgeous looking tank!

Wow looks amazing.

Thanks so much guys!

• Like 1

Just when I think my photography skills are coming around... I look at your thread and pics... all I can say is :sigh: :)

Really nice as always Eugene.

• Like 1

Just when I think my photography skills are coming around... I look at your thread and pics... all I can say is :sigh: :)

Really nice as always Eugene.

Thanks so much christine but im trying to keep up with you!! :)

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Thanks ralph look forward to seeing some shots of your preds. If you need any help just let me know

Thanks man me too. Hes doing really well...super greedy :lol: Ill be sure to post more shots of him.

Thanks so much guys!

Thanks Eugene, I appreciate the offer. Probably could use some pointers as I get going. I've got to update my thread with the new pics. I'll probably do that later today. I just started shooting in RAW & editting in Lightroom so I can tell there will be a learning curve there.

That's awesome. Sounds just like my old redfin. Insanely greedy. I wish my Wispy was like that. She's a 1 piece of food per day kind of gal and has gotten reallly particular on the size of the food. Too big and she just spits it out and lets the wrasses eat it. :huh:

How often do you feed to keep those gorgs? I'd love to put some like that in my small tank but I don't want them to die on me. I could always order the photosynthetic ones from KP Aquatics though.

Thanks Eugene, I appreciate the offer. Probably could use some pointers as I get going. I've got to update my thread with the new pics. I'll probably do that later today. I just started shooting in RAW & editting in Lightroom so I can tell there will be a learning curve there.

That's awesome. Sounds just like my old redfin. Insanely greedy. I wish my Wispy was like that. She's a 1 piece of food per day kind of gal and has gotten reallly particular on the size of the food. Too big and she just spits it out and lets the wrasses eat it. :huh:

No problem bud just let me know

I've haven't tried to feed him anything other than mysis at this point but he will eat as much as I feed him. I gotta try feeding him some brine as well.

How often do you feed to keep those gorgs? I'd love to put some like that in my small tank but I don't want them to die on me. I could always order the photosynthetic ones from KP Aquatics though.

I try to feed them daily a mix of cyclops and baby brine. I honestly wouldn't recommend them though as they prefer alot of food and great water quality which is harder to maintain with so many feedings. Secondly they need to be in shade/dark to inhibit algae growth which prevents they're polyps from opening and finally they seem to prefer strong alternating flow. I've had to move mine a number of times to get them in a spot where they seem to be happiest.

No problem bud just let me know I've haven't tried to feed him anything other than mysis at this point but he will eat as much as I feed him. I gotta try feeding him some brine as well. I try to feed them daily a mix of cyclops and baby brine. I honestly wouldn't recommend them though as they prefer alot of food and great water quality which is harder to maintain with so many feedings. Secondly they need to be in shade/dark to inhibit algae growth which prevents they're polyps from opening and finally they seem to prefer strong alternating flow. I've had to move mine a number of times to get them in a spot where they seem to be happiest.

I heard that they like to be kissed goodnight...

• Like 1

No kisses, but I definitely say "good night" and "good morning" to my reef inhabitants every day.

I'm 100% sure this is why everything is still alive.

• Like 4

:lol:

No kisses, but I definitely say "good night" and "good morning" to my reef inhabitants every day.

I gotta start doing this...

NirvanaandTool

:lol:

I tell my fish to behave themselves when I'm leaving for work.They listen :D

No problem bud just let me know I've haven't tried to feed him anything other than mysis at this point but he will eat as much as I feed him. I gotta try feeding him some brine as well.

Gotta start varying that diet then. If he's anything like Spike, he'll eat anything and everything you throw at him. Feed him some salmon pieces, it will help to keep his red color on the fins.