Pod Your Reef

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Your QT tanks are nicer than mine. I just go barebottom with PVC fittings for cover. Less chance of meds getting absorbed that way.

Hope he makes a quick recovery. Any other fish in the tank showing signs of ich or is he the only one?

You had a nice little Warty & GDM there buddy. I would have loved a Warty but ended up with a Painted (A. pictus). A full grown Painted angler tops out around 6" which is a chunky fish. Part of me would love to set up my old 40B again for a Giant Angler (A. commersoni) but one of those would eat me out of house and home.

I probably should have just left it empty but I just do it in hopes to make the fish a bit more comfortable. Thanks man he seems to be pretty tough so Im hoping he does ok. He still has an appetite so thats really encouraging. I believe I may have saw a spot on the fumanchu. I may have to put him in the QT as well....I have to look him over more a bit more to be sure.

Thanks man they were beautiful fish. Whats the smallest angler available to hobbyists?

Are you treating for ich? If so, you have to treat all of your fish, otherwise when you reintroduce the fish you treated they will be reinfected.

Well im not certain if its ich but i plan to treat them for everything just to be safe.

jedimasterben

Well im not certain if its ich but i plan to treat them for everything just to be safe.

Just one eye looks cloudy and one white spot? How large is the spot? If it's less than a mm or so, it could be ich, but could have also been a speck of sand stuck to its slime coat. If the fish just up and died, that's not really saying ich to me, more like brook, but with brook the fish would have less of 'spots' and look more like it snowed on them lol

Just one eye looks cloudy and one white spot? How large is the spot? If it's less than a mm or so, it could be ich, but could have also been a speck of sand stuck to its slime coat. If the fish just up and died, that's not really saying ich to me, more like brook, but with brook the fish would have less of 'spots' and look more like it snowed on them lol

Yea my initial thoughts werent ich either. It seems like cloud eye to me but the spot is what made me think its could be ich(however i havent noticed any other spots) but its best to play it safe and treat him for everything. He hasnt lost his appetite which is most important to me. Ive treated fish for a number of different parasites/diseases/infections and if they can keep their appetite during the treatment it gives you the best shot.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Yea my initial thoughts werent ich either. It seems like cloud eye to me but the spot is what made me think its could be ich(however i havent noticed any other spots) but its best to play it safe and treat him for everything. He hasnt lost his appetite which is most important to me. Ive treated fish for a number of different parasites/diseases/infections and if they can keep their appetite during the treatment it gives you the best shot.

Absolutely, if it's not eating, then it's usually bad news :(

Absolutely, if it's not eating, then it's usually bad news :(

Yea thats really the worst. Ive had fish make it through an entire treatment but lose their appetite during the process. So you return them disease free back to the display only to lose them days later to starvation.....heartbreaking

jedimasterben

Yea thats really the worst. Ive had fish make it through an entire treatment but lose their appetite during the process. So you return them disease free back to the display only to lose them days later to starvation.....heartbreaking

Just sucks all around. Then that makes you not want to keep any fish and concentrate on corals, then you do that and when you lose a couple coral it makes you want to concentrate on fish, it's a vicious cycle lol

Just sucks all around. Then that makes you not want to keep any fish and concentrate on corals, then you do that and when you lose a couple coral it makes you want to concentrate on fish, it's a vicious cycle lol

lol man i totally agree Ive been stuck in that cycle for the last year. Especially now that I finally got rid of the dinos I want to focus on coral again lol

Beautiful pic! How's the flow in your tank? Since it's a zero edge, is it supplied entirely by the return pump?

Thanks micro! I have (2) WP-10 for additional flow.

• Like 1

Your using the newest jbwave controller right? I plan to use it on my new build, along with some mp10s, crazy control of flow up in there.

I actually sold it but its still definitely the best controller on the market for Jebao pumps

Sorry to hear about the fish issues. Hope they recover fully for you.

Thanks alot nano

What are you using now?

The standard controller but im thinking of trying out the apex module.

a bit rough - hope it gets better soon!

That Radion calculator is pretty slick... Almost spot on with my par meter so will make it easier when I adjust. Don't have to change it, test it and repeat. Can put a plan together with expected results and then try it out. Nice find and thanks for sharing.

a bit rough - hope it gets better soon!

That Radion calculator is pretty slick... Almost spot on with my par meter so will make it easier when I adjust. Don't have to change it, test it and repeat. Can put a plan together with expected results and then try it out. Nice find and thanks for sharing.

Thanks alot man.

Totally agree its makes it soooo much easier. Especially if your switching from another form of lighting and dont want to shock/bleach your corals.

The Apex module works well.

Thanks for that I was looking for someone who had experience with it. Is it easy to program?

Thanks for that I was looking for someone who had experience with it. Is it easy to program?

Yeh, it's pretty straightforward. No different than programming Tunzes.