Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Thanks alot DC! Good to hear from you from you bud :happy: ...Hows the tank?

Ahhhhh wasn't feeling the small cube. Have a new one on the way and Dave working on a new fixture. You know how it goes :D

Yeh, it's pretty straightforward. No different than programming Tunzes.

Thanks how does it connect to the Apex?

Ahhhhh wasn't feeling the small cube. Have a new one on the way and Dave working on a new fixture. You know how it goes :D

oh really?! Thats awesome I cant wait to see what you have planned. :happy:

Guess whos back? lol j/k never really left. I finally got somewhat settled and decided on a new build. I wanted to still keep things simple,elegant and overall aesthetically pleasing. One of my main goals was to minimize any equipment in the display and theres one tank thats really good at that if you can handle all the other caveats. Ordered a 22 gallon zeroedge with the stand,sump,and lamp tree. I should mention this is going to be my slowest build ever as I really wont have any time to set this baby up for a few weeks and i still need to save up for some more equipment but i wanted to show you guys what i have so far..

It took about 5 weeks to get fabricated and delivered but they did a great job as usual with no damage during transit. This is actually my second zeroedge but i never finished the first as it was just too much work to keep up and i wasnt aware of all the need to knows before owning a specialty tank such as this one.But i will say when filled its one of the most beautiful and tranquil tanks out there. So this second time around im going my best to try conquer this beast and hopefully creating something special.Totally unrelated but I decided to use the ADA 30C that i used for the Caribbean bommie and switch it to a planted tank but this time actually complete it. So ill post small updates as i make progress with that build as well.

On to the pics.sorry its a bit dusty buy these pics were take right after i unpacked it.

zeroedgecloseup_zps5b6c98f7.jpg

edge2_zps99c55279.jpg

Leveling legs...probably the most important addition to this build

levelinglegs_zpsa74729b5.jpg

Sump

sump_zpsd8ea2866.jpg

FTS

zeroedge_zps3bff21cf.jpg

ze_1_zps3c6aff46.jpg

10353094596_b4de8ec9a4_b.jpg

10891690156_9e706bcdd1_z.jpg

10897709194_985e722285_z.jpg

10897709354_c1e70e956a_z.jpg

10897569375_d8f9923876_z.jpg

10897861673_bd51bc7058_z.jpg

14043941743_e103246029_z.jpg

Awsome looking, so clear and smooth.

Awsome looking, so clear and smooth.

Thanks alot...really appreciate it

OH hey, how is that dardanus hermit doing?? I haven't seen any pics of him in awhile

Had to get rid of him a while back he was just getting way too big for my setup.

well i hope he's happy and fat! :)

I actually plan to stop by that particular LFS this week so ill get a chance to check up on him

How are you liking the Jebao dosing pump so far?

This is likely going to be my next purchase.

So far so good. ive been using it for about a week and its done a great job dosing vodka.

• Like 1

Sir... I visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium in northern CA this weekend, and one of the exhibits made me think of you (in the way a bro thinks about a bro, totally platonic kind of way!).

I had to take a shot for you:

TubeAnemone_zps75357d67.jpg

• Like 4

Ah, take a picture of him for me!

Sure!

Sir... I visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium in northern CA this weekend, and one of the exhibits made me think of you (in the way a bro thinks about a bro, totally platonic kind of way!).

I had to take a shot for you:

TubeAnemone_zps75357d67.jpg

Thanks for that bro.....thats an awesome shot!

So quick update the Waspfish is doing really well so well in fact i moved him back to the display. I took the fumanchu and put him in the QT and so far he seems fine. I plan to keep in there for about a week just to be sure hes free of parasites.

• Like 2

How big is it now? Duncans are one of my favorites; I love the feeding response.

Hes roughly 2" across right now. I totally agree I fell in love with these guys all over again because of their feeding response. They eat just about anything and they grow so much faster when you feed them regularly.

• Like 1