Pod Your Reef

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Gotta start varying that diet then. If he's anything like Spike, he'll eat anything and everything you throw at him. Feed him some salmon pieces, it will help to keep his red color on the fins.

Thanks bud will do.

Ok last one

16215034501_d2ec052f87_z.jpg

• Like 21

fixed that for ya ;)

:lol:

Love the depth changes in sand, reminds me of Iwagumi!

Thanks alot man it was a collaborative effort between me and my pistol shrimp... although we dont always see eye to eye :lol::lol:

• Like 3
So pretty. I love the warmer color, like old school metal halide lighting :)

My preference exactly, the super high colour tanks look sterile and fake, some people can pull it of but other wise I think it looks like candy land instead of a reef.

• Like 2

So pretty. I love the warmer color, like old school metal halide lighting :)

Thanks so much thats exactly what I was trying to replicate :) Took a bit of tweaking but I think I got the temp pretty close to my previous halide fixture.

dang it hype. stop making me want to warm up my lighting. everything is adjusting well to my current setup!

seriously though, your tank is stunning.

Lol..dont you touch a thing everything in your tank is loving your new setup.

Thanks alot man

Makes me wonder why we're all making our sand flat!!

I think sometimes we forget the that the sandbed can be just as dynamic as our hardscape, granted it takes a bit more effort but its totally worth it as it enhances the overall scape. I find it really creates a sense of depth.

My preference exactly, the super high colour tanks look sterile and fake, some people can pull it of but other wise I think it looks like candy land instead of a reef.

totally agree cam.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

fixed that for ya ;)

Agreed. That's not the last one. Keep snapping those pics.

Thanks alot man it was a collaborative effort between me and my pistol shrimp... although we dont always see eye to eye :lol::lol:

Hahaha. Teamwork.

Agreed. That's not the last one. Keep snapping those pics.

Hahaha. Teamwork.

BTW I put qianlong back in the display he seemed really happy....even better he fed right away :happy:

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Nice! Always great when they do that. Channel some of those hungry vibes down here - wasp spit out krill twice last night and table shrimp once. My wrasses just literally wait right beside her for her to spit out the food lol. Picky little s... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Hahaha it's always a love/hate relationship between a reef keeper and a pistol shrimp.

• Like 1

Nice! Always great when they do that. Channel some of those hungry vibes down here - wasp spit out krill twice last night and table shrimp once. My wrasses just literally wait right beside her for her to spit out the food lol. Picky little s... :rolleyes:

I know I was really worried he wouldnt. Dont worry every now and then qialong does the same thing and I just starve him for 2-3 days and then he goes back to his feeding habits.

Hahaha it's always a love/hate relationship between a reef keeper and a pistol shrimp.

I know right :lol: Some days him and I are totally on the same page but sometimes he decides to remodel and then we have creative differences. Its pretty funny if he doesnt like changes I make ill find the sand moved back to how it was when i wake up in the morning....If im adamant on the changes we"ll go back and forth for days at a time and then he'll finally give up :rolleyes:

Saw a high-finned goby and pistol pair at the LFS the other day. It made me laugh because the pistol was about 5 times bigger than the tiny little goby, who still perched right on top of the pistol.

Saw a high-finned goby and pistol pair at the LFS the other day. It made me laugh because the pistol was about 5 times bigger than the tiny little goby, who still perched right on top of the pistol.

You reminded me i need to try try adding another one for mine... My pistol is pretty huge now. Im not sure which goby i feel like as ive owned most of them over the years.....hmmmm maybe a pinkbar.

That's just awesome. Where are you hiding the powerheads?

Awww thanks kat. On top of my ATO Reservoir :lol::P

Whats up with the sand placement?

An ongoing creative collaboration between my pistol and I :happy:

• Like 2
NirvanaandTool

I know I was really worried he wouldnt. Dont worry every now and then qialong does the same thing and I just starve him for 2-3 days and then he goes back to his feeding habits.

I know right :lol: Some days him and I are totally on the same page but sometimes he decides to remodel and then we have creative differences. Its pretty funny if he doesnt like changes I make ill find the sand moved back to how it was when i wake up in the morning....If im adamant on the changes we"ll go back and forth for days at a time and then he'll finally give up :rolleyes:

Yea thats what I did, she ate last night - silverside though. Her favorite food after live food. I'm probably going to go back to feeding her every other day like I did with my other wasps. Don't worry, your redfin will be as fat as Spike was before you know it.

Yea thats what I did, she ate last night - silverside though. Her favorite food after live food. I'm probably going to go back to feeding her every other day like I did with my other wasps. Don't worry, your redfin will be as fat as Spike was before you know it.

Yea thats what im hoping! Nothing like a fat happy fish :lol:

Love the tank, Eugene and I love that it's definitely a big shift from your previous tanks.

Thanks alot man I appreciate you checking in. Yea i figured why not shake things up a bit. :D

Too effng nice! Makes me tempted to get a zero edge, but I'm not on that level yet.

Thanks alot newty....your doing an awesome job with that fusion.