SaltCritters.com

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

I read that you can get them to accept pieces of red snapper, salmon, tuna, cod, shrimp (uncooked, shell-on), lobster, scallops, clams, squid and pretty much any other seafood you can buy at the grocery store. Ever tried feeding them sashimi?

So what you're saying is... Some people feed their fish better food than I feed myself...

• Like 5
NirvanaandTool

Thanks bud

I agree but Ive talked to some guys that have done it and had a really hard time getting their lions back to frozen. Ill probably do it eventually though because at this point im pretty confident in my strategy to get them to come back to the dark side.

Oh and I cant wait to show you what I have in QT right now fingerscrossedfingerscrossed

The tougher ones might be trouble to get back. Fuzzy prob wouldn't care if its alive or dead, just wants to nom.

What? Keeping a secret? Text me a pic!

So what you're saying is... Some people feed their fish better food than I feed myself...

My wife says this every time I'm at the grocery store and stop for fish food. They get chunks of all the fish we eat (tuna/salmon/cod/mahi-mahi/etc) and get clams/scallops/mussels/squid. Half the time I come home with a bag of mussels or clams for the fish and she ends up taking half to cook for us - the nerve of that woman!

Reminds me, tonight is a 2x littleneck clam night for my gang. :D

• Like 1

The tougher ones might be trouble to get back. Fuzzy prob wouldn't care if its alive or dead, just wants to nom.

My wife says this every time I'm at the grocery store and stop for fish food. They get chunks of all the fish we eat (tuna/salmon/cod/mahi-mahi/etc) and get clams/scallops/mussels/squid. Half the time I come home with a bag of mussels or clams for the fish and she ends up taking half to cook for us - the nerve of that woman!

Reminds me, tonight is a 2x littleneck clam night for my gang. :D

Yea Im not worried about the fuzzy but the fu could definitely be tricky

I dont want to jinx it yet as I havent gotten him to eat yet but Im hoping it should be easier to train him hes in QT. As soon as I get him to eat im pm you. ;)

:lol:

That looks just delicious...I wonder if its safe for human consumption :D

Pretty, how much flow can they handle?

Well they can handle low to medium flow but need areas to retreat to when the flow is strong as well as periods of really calm flow and plenty of places to hitch.

• Like 2

Well they can handle low to medium flow but need areas to retreat to when the flow is strong as well as periods of really calm flow and plenty of places to hitch.

Okay I've been trying hard not to clutter your thread up with questions... But... Usually people say to not stock euphyllia(sp?), anemones or have high temps.

Do you do anything special other than flow? What's your temp like? And does it limit your coral choices at all?

Again sorry about the questions, just very curious and interested in one.

Okay I've been trying hard not to clutter your thread up with questions... But... Usually people say to not stock euphyllia(sp?), anemones or have high temps.

Do you do anything special other than flow? What's your temp like? And does it limit your coral choices at all?

Again sorry about the questions, just very curious and interested in one.

Sure no problem ask away.

My tank stays around 77 degrees and your right typically you shouldnt stock your tank with stinging corals. However ive learned over the years that some species are very intelligent and either know or learn which coral they shouldnt touch. My horses steer cleer of my acans,cerianthus anemones and frogspawn. They can handle low to medium flow but need calm areas to retreat to when the flow is too strong. They also need plenty of hitching posts. In terms of feeding they should be fed at least once a day but again I tend to push the limits and have gone away for a few days and they were fine on my return.

• Like 1

Sure no problem ask away.

My tank stays around 77 degrees and your right typically you shouldnt stock your tank with stinging corals. However ive learned over the years that some species are very intelligent and either know or learn which coral they shouldnt touch. My horses steer cleer of my acans,cerianthus anemones and frogspawn. They can handle low to medium flow but need calm areas to retreat to when the flow is too strong. They also need plenty of hitching posts. In terms of feeding they should be fed at least once a day but again I tend to push the limits and have gone away for a few days and they were fine on my return.

Sold! Going to seriously look into one. I keep my tank at 79 right now but a drop to 76-77 should be no problem, that's what I used to run at anyways. I just have a single tiny tiny (1" when open) rbta, a few Acans and a 1 head hammer, so I think there should be plenty of space for one to stay away, if I have to sacrifice my current LPS for one of be happy to.

Thank you! Really appreciate it.

Like the scene in Deuce Bigalow where he pours the big bottle of Fiji water into his fish tank, then drinks the nasty brown glass of water from the tap.

vlcsnap-2014-01-26-16h50m48s24.png

• Like 6

Sold! Going to seriously look into one. I keep my tank at 79 right now but a drop to 76-77 should be no problem, that's what I used to run at anyways. I just have a single tiny tiny (1" when open) rbta, a few Acans and a 1 head hammer, so I think there should be plenty of space for one to stay away, if I have to sacrifice my current LPS for one of be happy to.

Thank you! Really appreciate it.

No problem....hope you have success

Like the scene in Deuce Bigalow where he pours the big bottle of Fiji water into his fish tank, then drinks the nasty brown glass of water from the tap.

:D

Ok I just got him to eat today and I didnt have to use live foods :happy::happy::happy: Ill give you exactly two guesses...no clues :D

• Like 1

You have pests? Say it isn't so!! Pretty wrasse. Melanarus, right?

And I see SPS!

No theres none that i know of but I got him proactively take care of any I might have missed. Yes he is a melanarus :)

Yep should be picking up more in two weeks... Transitioning this tank over has been more tricky than anticipated.

• Like 1